MILITARY STORIES

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got hurt and ended up with a job working at the us marshals doing intel work don’t regret it at all cus i get to take off some of the violence a$$holes in Philly off the street
Yall need to go clean the whole Kensington neighborhood. All those damn zombies walking around :scust::mjcry:

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Out of all the bullshyt in the Military, nothing beats a 3 hour Change of Command Ceremony on the runway, in July, and at Cherry Point

Being Medical, we sat in the first aid tent. Saw a tuba player almost fall face first.

Recruiters do t mention that horseshyt

Nothing beats sweeping sand in the desert for commanders call :krs:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Out of all the bullshyt in the Military, nothing beats a 3 hour Change of Command Ceremony on the runway, in July, and at Cherry Point

Being Medical, we sat in the first aid tent. Saw a tuba player almost fall face first.

Recruiters do t mention that horseshyt

:mjlol:

I remember when some medics I know fell out at CoC in a hangar. :what: :dead:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Nothing beats sweeping sand in the desert for commanders call :krs:
I had to sweep the sand and put down engineering tape In the desert So we could park trucks on line just like we did at the motorpool.

When i said what about this (I kicked sand over the engineering tape) The Sergeant said I know it's stupid but do it anyway.

Dumb shyt like that probably did a better job of recruiting for SF than anything else.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Geezus christ I don't know how discipline is maintained in the Air Force, Totally different culture.

That job doesn't deploy much (if at all) and rarely travels, so the whole "fit to fight" mentality was never adopted.

To be fair, the folks can do their jobs and (usually) pass their PT tests, they just won't be winning any athletic accolades.
:manny:

Daps
I'm in really good shape but only the long 5 miles run gives me hesitation. What do the raiders actually do? and how do you like it so far.
Train to go 6-7 miles hit the 40 minute minimum, then just bring it down a bit and continue a mile or so and just start conditioning your body to go longer if you have to on a whim.

We have no idea what we are really supposed to do we try and grab a hand in anything. We’ve been advising and assisting for years.
I love it you’re gonna have bad days like any unit/job but the good days are worth it

Daps
Train to go 6-7 miles hit the 40 minute minimum, then just bring it down a bit and continue a mile or so and just start conditioning your body to go longer if you have to on a whim.

We have no idea what we are really supposed to do we try and grab a hand in anything. We’ve been advising and assisting for years.
I love it you’re gonna have bad days like any unit/job but the good days are worth it
Thanks for the advice

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Hey guys, how would the military be for a tech breh? I'm not some out of shape breh but I am curious bout how the military is for people like that

(UK fwiw)

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Hey guys, how would the military be for a tech breh? I'm not some out of shape breh but I am curious bout how the military is for people like that

(UK fwiw)

Go into the Air Force but go for a specific job cyber security or whatever even intel. It will take you longer to ship out to basic but take the asvab and score high really study your wanna get a high score to get to those jobs. After that you’ll be fine just work on your running push up and sit ups idk if they changed the test but you’ll be able to pass.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Go into the Air Force but go for a specific job cyber security or whatever even intel. It will take you longer to ship out to basic but take the asvab and score high really study your wanna get a high score to get to those jobs. After that you’ll be fine just work on your running push up and sit ups idk if they changed the test but you’ll be able to pass.

That's dope, what's the air force like?

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
That's dope, what's the air force like?

It’s easy in terms of work to life balance. I believe they started changing how easy it is to get a good grade on performance report so you might have to do other things like volunteer or organize a can drive. Some squadrons do squadron PT we didn’t but it’s easy stuff man. The biggest takeaway is learning a job you can transfer into when you get out the military.

I got to travel a lot through deployments and tdy. Met a lot of cool people lots of woman it will put you ahead use the military don’t let the military use you.