Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
What would the Navy brehs get? :dame:

Other Seamen. :russ:

full

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
What's your craziest sex story? Either from your personal life in or something you saw or heard?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Also what was y'all opinions on combatives? Looks liked the biggest waste of time imo.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps

Nearly 1 in 5 Charged in Capitol Riot Are Current or Former Military Members: Report

Zack Linly
Fri, January 22, 2021, 11:30 PM·3 min read

75d841a09a1de670ce44560aad2c4426

You know what’s really wild—albeit not super surprising to Black people—about the siege on the U.S. Capitol earlier this month? Those who took part in it weren’t just idiotic civilians; some were idiots who are also largely considered to be this nation’s heroes. It’s bad enough that cops and government officials were among those who participated in the white-nonsense rampage at the Capitol, but it looks like members and former members of America’s armed forces also represent a sizable portion of those formally accused of storming the building on Jan 6—and by “sizable,” I mean around one in five.

From NPR:

Read more

NPR compiled a list of individuals facing federal or District of Columbia charges in connection with the events of Jan. 6. Of more than 140 charged so far, a review of military records, social media accounts, court documents and news reports indicate at least 27 of those charged, or nearly 20%, have served or are currently serving in the U.S. military. To put that number in perspective, only about 7% of all American adults are military veterans, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

Several veterans are charged with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. One of them is Larry Rendall Brock Jr. The Air Force veteran was photographed in a military-style helmet and tactical vest carrying flex cuffs inside the Capitol. He posted on Facebook that he was preparing for a “Second Civil War,” according to documents filed in federal court. In the weeks after Biden’s victory, Brock posted that “we are now under occupation by a hostile governing force.”

“I see no distinction between a group of Americans seizing power and governing with complete disregard to the Constitution and an invading force of Chinese communists accomplishing the same objective,” Brock wrote. (There is no credible evidence of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.) He ended his post with a reference to the oath taken by members of the military: “Against all enemies foreign and domestic.”

Maaaan, listen: There’s a reason national defense officials felt the need to have the FBI screen the some 25,000 National Guard members assigned to secure the Capitol on Inauguration Day, and why that screening resulted in the removal of around a dozen of those guard members, mostly due to ideological affiliation. That isn’t to say that everyone in the military is a potential insurrectionist, but when an institution exists in a culture of jingoism and blind patriotism, it’s bound to produce its fair share of extremists.

In fact, NPR noted that federal prosecutors “have also alleged that multiple members of the right-wing extremist group the Oath Keepers took part in the ‘incursion’ at the Capitol,” and that the group routinely targets and recruits veterans and active-duty members of the military, some of whom are among those alleged to have been involved in the siege. Hell, it’s worth the reminder that Ashli Babbitt, one of the rioters who died for the non-cause, was an Air Force veteran.

A recently published survey conducted by the Military Times and Syracuse University Institute for Veterans and Military Families found that around one-third of active-duty troops said they have “personally witnessed examples of white nationalism or ideological-driven racism within the ranks in recent months.”

Again, none of it is particularly surprising, but it’s all troubling nonetheless. What happened at the Capitol weeks ago wasn’t specifically a military problem; it was an America-being-America problem. It’s only natural that this nation’s many flaws are often reflected in those tasked with defending it.

:picard:

Military brehs have a serious problem on their hands.
"it's a white man's army"

Most military are conservative, republican and swing right wing so this isn't all that surprising

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You think it's disenfranchisement or more just plain :mjpls:
its always disenfranchisement

when your vets are fukked over, they go anti-gov in whatever the established version of it looks like

biggest problem with that 'respect the flag' shyt was how tunnel visioned the media was about the whole thing - meanwhile all these backyard militia groups never fukking went anywhere. they keep the same general energy whether the national media's coverage is on point or not.

Most military are conservative, republican and swing right wing so this isn't all that surprising
most swing right because republicans don't shyt on them openly and whenever its convenient

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Also what was y'all opinions on combatives? Looks liked the biggest waste of time imo.
combatives is meant to buy you time, not to win (levels 1-2) at least

by the time you hit 3 you're basically taking any level 4 instructor's mma course - which is aite :manny:

but if you're ever scrapping with some dude 1 on 1 with no weapon, a lot of shyt went wrong

Daps
In the Philippines we are attached to a Filipino M113 company me and one of the chicks started chilling during the training and she has been trying to get me to smash but I wasnt trying to because we are in the middle of the jungle and haven’t showered

so I consulted my homies and my boy was like “I mean you haven’t showered and she hasn’t showered so naturally the stank cancels itself out”
:ehh:

My dumb ass was like damn this nikka is right
I raw dogged this chick in the back of an M113
When i’m walking back to our little makeshift defensive position a Water Buffalo is looking at me like :scust: you damn the animal

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps

It is, so Black troopers have to endure tough training and Timothy Mcveigh as a roomie..

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
bjj was big in SF and they trained more they had a combatives instructor and we trained a couple of hours weekly. more when a deployment was up coming