MILITARY STORIES

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Could be. :yeshrug:

I ran into a lot of issues but I never thought it was because I was black.

I just assumed it was because I’m an a$$hole.
:manny:
I think it depends on the unit more than anything

I've seen companies right next to each other have completely different vibes. It takes a lot to maintain and reward a blatantly racist ass unit. And I've seen those..... Its not a mystery when you come across it either.

Honestly I didn't mean blatant, I just mean like that poster who posted that all white soldiers making fun of his speech impediment or when that mexican said his hair was nappy, his off color remarks that if a black person would say them they would get thrown under the jail.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
most paratroops would jump at night. SF would probably take a helo in
yeah but that happened the night of normandy and they still had a high casualty rate and it was a mess in terms of coordination. Only successful massdrop I have seen lately was during the Vietnam War -
Operation Junction City

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Honestly I didn't mean blatant, I just mean like that poster who posted that all white soldiers making fun of his speech impediment or when that mexican said his hair was nappy, his off color remarks that if a black person would say them they would get thrown under the jail.

My comment still stands. I've seen brehs get DUIs and skate and cacs get tossed for drinking.

More so than not, Imma think the treatment was based on the person's likability and not their race.

Everyone's experience is different though. :yeshrug:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
My comment still stands. I've seen brehs get DUIs and skate and cacs get tossed for drinking.

More so than not, Imma think the treatment was based on the person's likability and not their race.

Everyone's experience is different though. :yeshrug:
I just feel like the military is tailor made for more white people nuances for instance, the alpha mentality bullshyt, being overly patriotic, saying outlandish shyt, the "bro culture" like I said, I see this more in Infantry, armor, artillery compared to other branches at least in the Army. If you don't do the listed then they will look at you funny, but like I said it may be unit dependent, my point was to highlight prejudice/racism in the military, bc some don't think it exists. Also like a poster said 1 in 5 of those capitol rioters were ex-military, yeah some of it can be said they aren't getting their benefits and the republicans blamed it on democrats but also they are white, in and out of uniform.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
shyt talking was how we communicated :yeshrug: and even early on I worked hard to drop my southern accent because it was painfully fukking obvious that, even if I wasn't getting trashtalked to my face, people would be taking it upon themselves to work past it THEN listen to what I had to say. I noticed the exact same thing in college too and it wasn't like I was gonna change any time soon. Worked hard to drop the accent, talked more shyt.

then i got to a strat environment and had to remember how to talk to people :mjlol: i still don't feel comfortable around 'nice' people.
I just feel like the military is tailor made for more white people nuances for instance, the alpha mentality bullshyt, being overly patriotic, saying outlandish shyt, the "bro culture" like I said, I see this more in Infantry, armor, artillery compared to other branches at least in the Army. If you don't do the listed then they will look at you funny, but like I said it may be unit dependent, my point was to highlight prejudice/racism in the military, bc some don't think it exists. Also like a poster said 1 in 5 of those capitol rioters were ex-military, yeah some of it can be said they aren't getting their benefits and the republicans blamed it on democrats but also they are white, in and out of uniform.
one thing about this entire election cycle that was either largely left out or completely reduced was foreign policy

democrats have been completely full of shyt these past 4 years on that end. hypocritical in some wildly flagrant ways. it shouldn't shock people at all that service mebers get kicked out or leave the military because they want to protest more. they can't do it while they're in.

hell, the last soldier i kicked out was protesting in uniform. dude was talking about "that ain't me" like his name wasn't on his chest :dead:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
shyt talking was how we communicated :yeshrug: and even early on I worked hard to drop my southern accent because it was painfully fukking obvious that, even if I wasn't getting trashtalked to my face, people would be taking it upon themselves to work past it THEN listen to what I had to say. I noticed the exact same thing in college too and it wasn't like I was gonna change any time soon. Worked hard to drop the accent, talked more shyt.

This. Even in the hopsicle you get clowned. The Asian dude's accented way of speaking, the country ass white boy's drawl, the scary kid who can barely be heard.

We don't chalk that up as blatant racism, we just all bag on each other, and it's not low-key. That fat fukk that failed a PT test? Clowned. Ole thick jawn who gained some covid pounds? Clowned.

Not saying breh wasn't getting made fun of because he stuttered, I just wonder if it's because he was black.:jbhmm:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This. Even in the hopsicle you get clowned. The Asian dude's accented way of speaking, the country ass white boy's drawl, the scary kid who can barely be heard.

We don't chalk that up as blatant racism, we just all bag on each other, and it's not low-key. That fat fukk that failed a PT test? Clowned. Ole thick jawn who gained some covid pounds? Clowned.

Not saying breh wasn't getting made fun of because he stuttered, I just wonder if it's because he was black.:jbhmm:
Could be :manny: some people are a$$holes

Most of the true a$$holes vent their shyt through hot air and a whole lot of nothing because they simply don't have the ability to truly be functional, oppressive racists like they want. Even the limpdikk MPs can't get away with the shyt normal cops do because they're severely handicapped in that regard. Short-cycle cadre can DEFINITELY get away with it more than most though. By a huge margin. shyt, I'll be clear - that is the number one time people need to be on the lookout. In transition and in short-cycle training. Its way too easy to fukk anyone up while they're waiting, isolated, new, attached/supporting, measured individually without normal chains/oversight, etc.

That's when you need to be awake. That and with people in a comfortable enough position where they're able to play the long game with you :mjpls: Nobody is your friend til their ass been in the same amount of fire as you. And even then :mjpls:

I mean, I'll never say anything is racism-free. Its just not true. But the ability to wield/disregard certain powers or barriers isn't exactly 1:1 between civ/mil. I'd rather deal with a racist instructor than a racist professor 4 times out of 5.

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Could be :manny: some people are a$$holes

Most of the true a$$holes vent their shyt through hot air and a whole lot of nothing because they simply don't have the ability to truly be functional, oppressive racists like they want. Even the limpdikk MPs can't get away with the shyt normal cops do because they're severely handicapped in that regard. Short-cycle cadre can DEFINITELY get away with it more than most though. By a huge margin. shyt, I'll be clear - that is the number one time people need to be on the lookout. In transition and in short-cycle training. Its way too easy to fukk anyone up while they're waiting, isolated, new, attached/supporting, measured individually without normal chains/oversight, etc.

That's when you need to be awake. That and with people in a comfortable enough position where they're able to play the long game with you :mjpls: Nobody is your friend til their ass been in the same amount of fire as you. And even then :mjpls:

I mean, I'll never say anything is racism-free. Its just not true. But the ability to wield/disregard certain powers or barriers isn't exactly 1:1 between civ/mil. I'd rather deal with a racist instructor than a racist professor 4 times out of 5.
This is moreso what I was getting at, not the common shyt talking