MILITARY STORIES

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
If you enter the army in a cyber role, get a security clearance and rack up on useful certs throught your time there, would you be able to leave in around 5 years and get into those high paying clearance jobs?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps

Nearly 1 in 5 Charged in Capitol Riot Are Current or Former Military Members: Report

Zack Linly
Fri, January 22, 2021, 11:30 PM·3 min read

75d841a09a1de670ce44560aad2c4426

You know what’s really wild—albeit not super surprising to Black people—about the siege on the U.S. Capitol earlier this month? Those who took part in it weren’t just idiotic civilians; some were idiots who are also largely considered to be this nation’s heroes. It’s bad enough that cops and government officials were among those who participated in the white-nonsense rampage at the Capitol, but it looks like members and former members of America’s armed forces also represent a sizable portion of those formally accused of storming the building on Jan 6—and by “sizable,” I mean around one in five.

From NPR:

Read more

NPR compiled a list of individuals facing federal or District of Columbia charges in connection with the events of Jan. 6. Of more than 140 charged so far, a review of military records, social media accounts, court documents and news reports indicate at least 27 of those charged, or nearly 20%, have served or are currently serving in the U.S. military. To put that number in perspective, only about 7% of all American adults are military veterans, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

Several veterans are charged with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. One of them is Larry Rendall Brock Jr. The Air Force veteran was photographed in a military-style helmet and tactical vest carrying flex cuffs inside the Capitol. He posted on Facebook that he was preparing for a “Second Civil War,” according to documents filed in federal court. In the weeks after Biden’s victory, Brock posted that “we are now under occupation by a hostile governing force.”

“I see no distinction between a group of Americans seizing power and governing with complete disregard to the Constitution and an invading force of Chinese communists accomplishing the same objective,” Brock wrote. (There is no credible evidence of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.) He ended his post with a reference to the oath taken by members of the military: “Against all enemies foreign and domestic.”

Maaaan, listen: There’s a reason national defense officials felt the need to have the FBI screen the some 25,000 National Guard members assigned to secure the Capitol on Inauguration Day, and why that screening resulted in the removal of around a dozen of those guard members, mostly due to ideological affiliation. That isn’t to say that everyone in the military is a potential insurrectionist, but when an institution exists in a culture of jingoism and blind patriotism, it’s bound to produce its fair share of extremists.

In fact, NPR noted that federal prosecutors “have also alleged that multiple members of the right-wing extremist group the Oath Keepers took part in the ‘incursion’ at the Capitol,” and that the group routinely targets and recruits veterans and active-duty members of the military, some of whom are among those alleged to have been involved in the siege. Hell, it’s worth the reminder that Ashli Babbitt, one of the rioters who died for the non-cause, was an Air Force veteran.

A recently published survey conducted by the Military Times and Syracuse University Institute for Veterans and Military Families found that around one-third of active-duty troops said they have “personally witnessed examples of white nationalism or ideological-driven racism within the ranks in recent months.”

Again, none of it is particularly surprising, but it’s all troubling nonetheless. What happened at the Capitol weeks ago wasn’t specifically a military problem; it was an America-being-America problem. It’s only natural that this nation’s many flaws are often reflected in those tasked with defending it.

:picard:

Military brehs have a serious problem on their hands.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I don't think people even realize how many of these units ain't even practical anymore

the 82nd ain't done shyt but guard duty in areas that've been cleared out by others for decades now

but ooooooh if you ain't jumped you p*ssy :mjlol:
ya, airborne drops are suicide unless it's behind enemy lines by SOF.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:russ:

All on the way back to your dorm room since you can't move off base as a male E-3 and you can't get married because you have no game or gwap. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Word up. I know Dave says he lives at home, But I was a whole grown ass adult and I had to share a room with some white boy luckily homie was with me from Basic but still. Then dipping back to DC from Ft. Bragg (illegally because you had to get permission to go more than a certain amount of miles from base and you could be called to do some bullshyt duty or they had a "call out" where we had to pretend we were doing a snap deployment.) Then add being a lower enlisted in a one horse town that's a sausage fest with all the dudes in the military plus Veterans Contractors and Retirees.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
yeah most of them don’t...but their are some that do. Let’s be honest even truckers have groupies so the women who know about the benefits generally were in or a dependent or have dated a lot of men that were in. I always told folks if you are spitting game and she’s asks your rank she’s either in or a dependa.
Yeah and you really don't want some one who thinks of an enlisted guy as a come up. The money got better but not that much better. You could go way out in the country near the base and meet a thot who wants to marry a troop but everyone knows of dudes that are divorced.
And don't forget that Black women are way more likely to be wenches. I never understood that because Black Men unless they were a former Brat or an oreo or mixed most brothers hung out together but sisters would literally hang with their white Girl friend and if she got a career was more likely to date or marry a white boy. You'd have to get to a big city with a decent Black population to pull something bad.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
im not familiar but since you are in Texas go away from the base I’m thinking that’s dyess...if you go to Austin or Dallas and talk to a female you will see what I mean. Waco also has some groupies.

I can tell you more about central Texas Killeen etc and Witchita Falls
I heard that Hood was lesbian land.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
during the initial Normandy jump June 5-6 the 82nd and 101st had a 50% casualty rate both had 1,200 killed,missing or wounded during the Normandy campaign alone. Prior to the 82nd jumping into Sicily they had to stop doing practice jumps due to how many paratroopers were getting hurt to reserve them for the real
Combat jump
Yeah but parachute technology has come a long way from WWII