MILITARY STORIES

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
NCOs by far

although in the USMC, they give a lot of responsibility to the NCOs & they’re just jr enlisted, so most of the time they’re your homies. I can’t speak for the other branches

I tried looking for a job working on gennys when I got out, but they were at companies with all white workers. I wasn’t trying to do that.

now I teach :skip:
In the Navy, NCOs are cool right up until they hit E-6, and the reason is because E-6s are on both of their knees with silicone knee pads, while one hand is rubbing the sack, and the other hand is rubbing the shaft in a twisting motion so that they can get to E-7. Jokes aside, they really aren't allowed to be that cool because they're the first one that gets blamed when and if shyt goes left.

E-4s (like myself) are always chill because we're not highly-ranked enough to give a shyt quite yet. As long as you get the job done, and bring some snacks for the day, you're gucci in my book.

E-5 is where you'll start getting slapped with leadership positions, and will be expected to be a beast at your job. They're usually still cool, but quite a few will get stressed out and turn into a$$holes.

E-7 and above can eat the fattest of dikks. fukk all them nikkas. There're a lot of cool ones, but the vast majority are on some fukkshyt.

Superstar
Daps
If you go in as a e3 how long are you going to be stuck there

It depends on what you do, if you do it well, or your command. It might as well be random lol. As a medic, I came in E-1/PVT. By the end of my second year I was an E-4/SPC basically because I never forgot to breathe. I was an E-5 in 5 years not even trying. Some of my friends were infantry or scouts and got stuck as an E-3 for years. It also depends on how in-demand your MOS is. If you’re a tanker around 2010-2014 and your MOS was alarmist dying you’ll be stuck there forever.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends on what you do, if you do it well, or your command. It might as well be random lol. As a medic, I came in E-1/PVT. By the end of my second year I was an E-4/SPC basically because I never forgot to breathe. I was an E-5 in 5 years not even trying. Some of my friends were infantry or scouts and got stuck as an E-3 for years. It also depends on how in-demand your MOS is. If you’re a tanker around 2010-2014 and your MOS was alarmist dying you’ll be stuck there forever.
Damn you really get stuck at e4 like that i was tryna rank up as much as possible and what’s the different between infantry and scouts

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Damn you really get stuck at e4 like that i was tryna rank up as much as possible and what’s the different between infantry and scouts
Infantry has a different function from cavalry scouts. They have their own scouts but they usually are selected to learn and do stuff cavalry scouts do from the jump. Infantry units are much large with full squads and 40 something-ish men platoons. Infantry is meant to force infantry, engage primarily in maneuver warfare, take and hold ground, be versatile etc. cavalry scouts are primarily for reconnaissance, observation, or protecting armor. In modern times scout have been used to take and own battle space as well, even though they don’t have the numbers. Scouts are trained out the gate to control fires (artillery/mortars).

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
there's a waiver for everything man. but even then, there's automatic promotions as well. with how long most schools are you won't even notice the time flying

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
convoys get IEDs coming and going, but dudes parachuting in just gonna walk around clean :dead:

urban or rural - when people know you're coming they have places booby trapped to hell and back and automatic weapons waiting on you

its wild because looking back in this thread i was saying some dumb shyt too. "i want to get a shot with North Korea :youngsabo:"

nobody fights wars anymore? for how long? and with who?:mjlol:

there's no place for airborne even in an small scale unconventional/asymmetric lane like Syria or even Afghanistan because there DAMN sure ain't no place for it against any real conventional adversary willing to box with the US

mass drops can't even solve small problems. if dropping into jungles worked, then we'd be doing it - but how'd that go for us last time? :unimpressed:

so you can't drop to stop counter insurgency, there's no point in dropping in to commit peaceful support/transitionary mission because you're already established there for such a thing to be possible (and the fact that the US essentially has global naval dominance), you can't operate offensively in any scale that's significant

where's the win?:gucci: there is no future endeavor where paratroopers are practical or even a solid plan D. you talking about one plane and pilot making the US fall back but then somehow disregard the risk for far for more when it comes to anything the 82nd or similar units practice with their stupid jumps

again, i get pride in a job - but taking a high risk non-feasible profession is the WORST thing you can do in the military. especially when you gotta squint so hard to find brief points in history where it ever mattered.
Ok let's try this. Say your point in one sentence.

I'll say mine's If you're fighting an old school war to take hill 112 in Normandy yes Do a Naval Strike then bombing runs then Artillery Strikes then send a Armored Corps to take the hill. And in a Month you'll have it; Or you could send one guy into Germany to Kill Hitler.

You don't have to drop the guy in I guess you could send him in by sub have him evade hundreds of thousands of troops and civilians and in two months he'd be set up to take the shot that ends the war.

In short, I'm saying you want to kill or capture the decision makers not kill zillions of troops and civilians. It's regime change not winning a "war" Comprende?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
nobody storms a beach without naval support anymore

its wild how defensive you are on this

ask me if i went outside the wire :dead: bruh i don't do war stories. if your idea of warfare is just boots on the ground and nukes/strat bombers - then you're missing on far too much to proposing airborne as a solution

be thankful they don't send yal to die as a distraction like they used to

anybody looking to join the military needs to NOT be like you

you're that dude we warn everyone not to turn into when they join up....
I'm saying no war is worth it. If they took over Haiti the Haitian people would celebrate, because that would mean that tens of thousands would get social security cards in the future. Famous Leg General Colin Powell said You break it you bought it What did the greatest power in the world at that Time Rome do to win wars? They fought then incorporated the defeated enemy into their empire It worked like a charm until the barbarians noticed that there were way more non Romans than Romans in the Army then they took over.

fukk the paratroops are you saying there's no real use for Light Infantry at all? Because that's all a Paratrooper is. Why or why not?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm using his analogy. Holmes seems to think that you could fight a war with all hardware and no humans.

Also it is true that hardware is more important that humans because let some rag tag guerilla group figure a way to knock down some F-35's and the US government would revaluate very quickly the worth of fighting. Lose a few expensivesly selected and trained special mission unit operators and no one cares.

We pulled out of Somalia when we lost a few Blackhawks, we went back and although we lost more people we didn't pull out.