MILITARY STORIES

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This is one of those coversations that goes no where. I get it we could wipe any one out with a nuclear strike and be done with it. We have nukes and don't use them.

These terrorist wars require millions of little shoot outs. That's the only kind of war we are fighting for the foreseeable future. We could litterally destroy most of our nukes right now we aren't planning to use them and neither is any nuclear power.
breh

nukes ain't even a part of the discussion. there's nothing they do that a cruise missile or no fly zone can't do better. by the time the fighting gets back down to a level proportionate to the role of the average soldier, scattered/mass drops are literally the worst way to introduce them into any theater theater.

airborne can't even tackle scattered asymmetrical resistance against a technologically inferior adversary in terrain that doesn't permit armor. what's the point in them if they can't do that?

and there are single person, easily carried air defense weapon systems that are generally obsolete by every current standard - that are more impactful than anything seen the last time paratroopers were relevant. and you're talking about iran like they're somehow weaker than iraq was during the gulf war. i get pride in your profession but you're brushing aside a lot and watering down everything else
You're talking about wars that will never happen again. By that logic we could reduce the military by half and just let the bombers. and subs go after terrorists deep in the heart of the Sahel.
we should

a lot of these units are absolutely fukking useless. at least air rescue and special operations have a clear, defined purpose. there isn't a single place on earth where a mass drop makes sense. shyt, go back 30 years and you won't find one.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
breh

nukes ain't even a part of the discussion. there's nothing they do that a cruise missile or no fly zone can't do better. by the time the fighting gets back down to a level proportionate to the role of the average soldier, scattered/mass drops are literally the worst way to introduce them into any theater theater.

airborne can't even tackle scattered asymmetrical resistance against a technologically inferior adversary in terrain that doesn't permit armor. what's the point in them if they can't do that?

and there are single person, easily carried air defense weapon systems that are generally obsolete by every current standard - that are more impactful than anything seen the last time paratroopers were relevant. and you're talking about iran like they're somehow weaker than iraq was during the gulf war. i get pride in your profession but you're brushing aside a lot and watering down everything else

we should

a lot of these units are absolutely fukking useless. at least air rescue and special operations have a clear, defined purpose. there isn't a single place on earth where a mass drop makes sense. shyt, go back 30 years and you won't find one.
The French did one in the Congo in 78.

I'm not technically disagreeing with you.

I'm basically saying War is a Racket
War Is a Racket - Wikipedia

Dude wrote that book about little groups of infantrymen in this case Marines way before the concept of Airborne ops existed.

I assume you know the logistical nightmare it is to get tanks into battle. You'd need a permissive environment nearby to do airstrikes, I mean you could just set up a fuel point on an airfield and take over other countries airspaces and even to have a FAP (gas station) you'd need people to Jump in to check if the land is even suitable to land bombers, That's the Pathfinders whole mission.

But fukk that again who's fighting a war to destroy the enemy? were fighting police actions and killing enemy leadership and that's done by drones airstrikes and boots on the ground and the quickest way to get them there is to drop them.

What do you have against Paratroopers? I've heard tankers and cav scouts shyt on them, but I never heard anyone say that Parachuting is dead as a tactic. It's just a quick way to get a lot of dudes from point A to Point B if the 82nd didn't exist we'd need troops prepostioned everywhere all the time just in case they were needed.

Listen Jumping is stupid, they named a Drop zone after a guy who died on a jump, I saw a guy crushed by a truck and I saw one guy badly hurt on a jump. I myself have had parachute malfunctions but if you need to have 5000 dudes in Mongolia in 18 hours the 82nd will be there in 2 days (being totally realistic.) 10th Mountain and 3rd ID will be there in 2 months.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
everything has it's time and place. People don't understand it's a difference between taking land vs holding land vs a target strike. To some it all means the same thing.
This part.

nikkas think wars are fought WWII style were land must be seized and held. No one is doing that they're wacking a local general.

Take Haiti there was some guys that were still around when I got in They wanted Cedras out The Marines could've stormed the beaches and spent time trying to find one guy in a needle in a needle in several haystacks just like we tore up Afghanistan looking for Bin Laden. But Colin Powell just called Cedras and told him The 82nd is in the air. And he surrendered. The duece would've dropped on Port-au-Prince and found him quickly (if they were lucky) but they would've done it wy quicker and with less loss of life than the Marines did it.

Again the mission wasn't to seize Haiti and destroy the Haitian Army it was to get one guy.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The French did one in the Congo in 78.

I'm not technically disagreeing with you.

I'm basically saying War is a Racket
War Is a Racket - Wikipedia

Dude wrote that book about little groups of infantrymen in this case Marines way before the concept of Airborne ops existed.

I assume you know the logistical nightmare it is to get tanks into battle. You'd need a permissive environment nearby to do airstrikes, I mean you could just set up a fuel point on an airfield and take over other countries airspaces and even to have a FAP (gas station) you'd need people to Jump in to check if the land is even suitable to land bombers, That's the Pathfinders whole mission.

But fukk that again who's fighting a war to destroy the enemy? were fighting police actions and killing enemy leadership and that's done by drones airstrikes and boots on the ground and the quickest way to get them there is to drop them.

What do you have against Paratroopers? I've heard tankers and cav scouts shyt on them, but I never heard anyone say that Parachuting is dead as a tactic. It's just a quick way to get a lot of dudes from point A to Point B if the 82nd didn't exist we'd need troops prepostioned everywhere all the time just in case they were needed.

Listen Jumping is stupid, they named a Drop zone after a guy who died on a jump, I saw a guy crushed by a truck and I saw one guy badly hurt on a jump. I myself have had parachute malfunctions but if you need to have 5000 dudes in Mongolia in 18 hours the 82nd will be there in 2 days (being totally realistic.) 10th Mountain and 3rd ID will be there in 2 months.
I said 30 years. :unimpressed:

And the French got their asses kicked all over Africa. Hell, their half assed training got people who helped them killed too. You really, really don't want to get into pulling out France's modern military win/loss record...

And you're not understanding logistics if you think guys jumping in anywhere can even cover reasonable ground in the time it takes for an armored unit to drive in and drive out from fortified area. Jumpers can't even protect the supplies meant to get to them.

You really sounding brainwashed as fukk and its wild because you led off with "I might be brainwashed"

Its not some personal thing against paratroopers - its an objective fact they're useless. And every proud aspect of conventional warfighting has had to look in the mirror and hold that. Horse riders are gone and replaced. Swordfighting and even bayonets are antiquated. Even fighter pilots look over their shoulder due to the rise of unmanned aerial systems. Super battleships came and went in the same war. And here you are talking about how you can jump into present day Iran? Then saying "well duh we could just nuke anything" breh...

:gucci: you know you sound crazy

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This part.

nikkas think wars are fought WWII style were land must be seized and held. No one is doing that they're wacking a local general.

Take Haiti there was some guys that were still around when I got in They wanted Cedras out The Marines could've stormed the beaches and spent time trying to find one guy in a needle in a needle in several haystacks just like we tore up Afghanistan looking for Bin Laden. But Colin Powell just called Cedras and told him The 82nd is in the air. And he surrendered. The duece would've dropped on Port-au-Prince and found him quickly (if they were lucky) but they would've done it wy quicker and with less loss of life than the Marines did it.

Again the mission wasn't to seize Haiti and destroy the Haitian Army it was to get one guy.
:mjlol:

he surrendered because there was no point in fighting a bloody, losing war with the US. goddamn they really got your ass

Daps
We need to get better at SEAD to create that clean corridor to allow the air to get in and establish air superiority to blunt any armor and anti air reinforcements coming in before a mass jump because if we dont have air superiority then it’s gonna be bad watching a C17 dodge enemy air and MANPADS

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I said 30 years. :unimpressed:

And the French got their asses kicked all over Africa. Hell, their half assed training got people who helped them killed too. You really, really don't want to get into pulling out France's modern military win/loss record...

And you're not understanding logistics if you think guys jumping in anywhere can even cover reasonable ground in the time it takes for an armored unit to drive in and drive out from fortified area. Jumpers can't even protect the supplies meant to get to them.

You really sounding brainwashed as fukk and its wild because you led off with "I might be brainwashed"

Its not some personal thing against paratroopers - its an objective fact they're useless. And every proud aspect of conventional warfighting has had to look in the mirror and hold that. Horse riders are gone and replaced. Swordfighting and even bayonets are antiquated. Even fighter pilots look over their shoulder due to the rise of unmanned aerial systems. Super battleships came and went in the same war. And here you are talking about how you can jump into present day Iran? Then saying "well duh we could just nuke anything" breh...

:gucci: you know you sound crazy
nikka listen to me NOBODY FIGHTS WARS ANYMORE!!!! They're way too expensive. A Tank costs over 70 million dollars and a simple 20 dollar RPG can take them out.

SOF has it wrong Humans are way cheaper than Hardware

What people are fighting now are POLICE ACTIONS we are low key at war with Al- Shabbab you think anyone wants to risk a single tank or even or twent Cruise Missles? One downed jet with a pilot dragged out in the street would be enough to make us fall back. But send in some SOF dudes and if a faceless one or two die who the fukk cares? Lose a couple of planes and we retreat.

That's not speculation that's what happened we lost a couple of Seals and some SF dudes not a peep we lost some planes and we pulled out.

We're not at war with Al-Shabbab we're fighting a counter terrorist police action, kill or capture ops. No one is talking about fighting a peer competitor.

Calm down.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

he surrendered because there was no point in fighting a bloody, losing war with the US. goddamn they really got your ass
If they had to storm the beach It would not be worth it.

You were in the miltary right? You understand simple shyt right? We aren't having the same conversation because you only want to to hear you're right.

Again homie there's really really smart people who study warfare do you think that you're smarter than them? Maybe just maybe they understand that insurgencies require a firebase troops patrolling constantly and gobs and gobs of handouts.

Did you go outside the wire? Did you see any tank shots? Any airstikes? any bombing runs? Or did you drink chai and hand out soccer balls? If you really think that we should've called in B1 Bombers and laid waste to the "enemy" then you need to go to OCS so you can become a general.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We need to get better at SEAD to create that clean corridor to allow the air to get in and establish air superiority to blunt any armor and anti air reinforcements coming in before a mass jump because if we dont have air superiority then it’s gonna be bad watching a C17 dodges enemy air and MANPADS
convoys get IEDs coming and going, but dudes parachuting in just gonna walk around clean :dead:

urban or rural - when people know you're coming they have places booby trapped to hell and back and automatic weapons waiting on you

its wild because looking back in this thread i was saying some dumb shyt too. "i want to get a shot with North Korea :youngsabo:"
nikka listen to me NOBODY FIGHTS WARS ANYMORE!!!! They're way too expensive. A Tank costs over 70 million dollars and a simple 20 dollar RPG can take them out.

SOF has it wrong Humans are way cheaper than Hardware

What people are fighting now are POLICE ACTIONS we are low key at war with Al- Shabbab you think anyone wants to risk a single tank or even or twent Cruise Missles? One downed jet with a pilot dragged out in the street would be enough to make us fall back. But send in some SOF dudes and if a faceless one or two die who the fukk cares? Lose a couple of planes and we retreat.

That's not speculation that's what happened we lost a couple of Seals and some SF dudes not a peep we lost some planes and we pulled out.

We're not at war with Al-Shabbab we're fighting a counter terrorist police action, kill or capture ops. No one is talking about fighting a peer competitor.

Calm down.
nobody fights wars anymore? for how long? and with who?:mjlol:

there's no place for airborne even in an small scale unconventional/asymmetric lane like Syria or even Afghanistan because there DAMN sure ain't no place for it against any real conventional adversary willing to box with the US

mass drops can't even solve small problems. if dropping into jungles worked, then we'd be doing it - but how'd that go for us last time? :unimpressed:

so you can't drop to stop counter insurgency, there's no point in dropping in to commit peaceful support/transitionary mission because you're already established there for such a thing to be possible (and the fact that the US essentially has global naval dominance), you can't operate offensively in any scale that's significant

where's the win?:gucci: there is no future endeavor where paratroopers are practical or even a solid plan D. you talking about one plane and pilot making the US fall back but then somehow disregard the risk for far for more when it comes to anything the 82nd or similar units practice with their stupid jumps

again, i get pride in a job - but taking a high risk non-feasible profession is the WORST thing you can do in the military. especially when you gotta squint so hard to find brief points in history where it ever mattered.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If they had to storm the beach It would not be worth it.

You were in the miltary right? You understand simple shyt right? We aren't having the same conversation because you only want to to hear you're right.

Again homie there's really really smart people who study warfare do you think that you're smarter than them? Maybe just maybe they understand that insurgencies require a firebase troops patrolling constantly and gobs and gobs of handouts.

Did you go outside the wire? Did you see any tank shots? Any airstikes? any bombing runs? Or did you drink chai and hand out soccer balls? If you really think that we should've called in B1 Bombers and laid waste to the "enemy" then you need to go to OCS so you can become a general.
nobody storms a beach without naval support anymore

its wild how defensive you are on this

ask me if i went outside the wire :dead: bruh i don't do war stories. if your idea of warfare is just boots on the ground and nukes/strat bombers - then you're missing on far too much to proposing airborne as a solution

be thankful they don't send yal to die as a distraction like they used to

anybody looking to join the military needs to NOT be like you

you're that dude we warn everyone not to turn into when they join up....