MILITARY STORIES

Daps
I don't think people even realize how many of these units ain't even practical anymore

the 82nd ain't done shyt but guard duty in areas that've been cleared out by others for decades now

but ooooooh if you ain't jumped you p*ssy :mjlol:
flew into Kuwait and sat as America’s guard of honor :russ: They could’ve Atleast jumped in

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I meant I would still have to go to an selection board for the Marines, but it would look good for me since i was already recieving a commission. It wasn't nothing criminal, they just wanted me gone, i didnt wanna stay anyway. It didnt affect me as far as ROTC, but yeah, i imagine it could affect future postings maybe.

Man, you don't really get seen as special
There is already so many commands and different type units and personnel that its basically whatever.
Alotta guys that fail out of any specialized pipeline, especially one with ABN ties will pass thru bragg eventually
I guess so but even though there's an intense rivalary between the Regiment and SF but even I noticed that the former Batt boys kind of rock together. It's a Mafia inside of a Mafia.

Then again there's one of two that I ran across that was former Delta and although it was super secret when I was in you'd sometimes find a member of the Joint Communications unit in group and they'd have opinions that Delta has a "arrogant vibe" but I never heard of anyone leaving Delta unless they got out of the Army or they were asked to leave. Like the Rangers you have to compete for a position so you get people who "rank out".

I guess my point is if you became an infantry officer especially at a place like Bragg you're gonna run into people who know you. The current commander of 18th Airborne corps is a former CO of the Rangers.

Good luck either way.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I’m dead serious with deployments coming up and my time on station I won’t get to go until in about two years but at this point I can’t go much higher in my career so I gotta atleast try for the last obstacle

We are hurting for black infantry officers but if you’re looking to get back to SOF you’ll have to do time in a regular infantry BN before you can drop a MARSOC package until you’re a captain which is usually like 3 years. Since you already have jump and SOF experience though you possibly could go through the Basic Reconnaissance Course directly after the Infantry Officer Course and do your 3 years before MARSOC there.

When you’re in and settled ill send you the info
How did you even decide to apply? did you get a brief? Did they ask you to try out? or did you call? Did they give you the "tip sheet"?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
"any air defense systems made after the 60s? :whoa::whoa: no thanks chief we'll take the bus"
Word up Parachuting especially static line won't work against any half way trained conventional army. That shyt barely worked in WWII. I maybe brainwashed but not that brainwashed. Airborne just separates the wheat from the chaff, If you're too p*ssy to jump you're too p*ssy for SOF that's why all Army SOF and most sister services SOF requires Airborne school, It's not because you're gonna do a mass tactical jump.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Thats not how those cac sof members view it when they are putting their larping militia buddies on :mjpls:
Yeah but even though I do agree it's not as hard as people make it out to be, It's such a vast difference from the conventional army. I mean they do get special duty pay but it's not that much more for way higher risk and way more deployments. I was in group and I didn't want to be a long tabber, I would've only did it to avoid going back to big army.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word up Parachuting especially static line won't work against any half way trained conventional army. That shyt barely worked in WWII. I maybe brainwashed but not that brainwashed. Airborne just separates the wheat from the chaff, If you're too p*ssy to jump you're too p*ssy for SOF that's why all Army SOF and most sister services SOF requires Airborne school, It's not because you're gonna do a mass tactical jump.
In my opinion jumping static line or free fall is pointless cus once you pop ur chute you’re a sitting duck in most ways. I rather take my chances flying in on a helicopter

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
it separates the people who value their knees from those who don't :mjlol:

its 2020 - if airborne won't even jump into afghanistan then where they hell are they gonna jump again? only thing airborne units got is tradition - and tradition built off learning from the mistakes of german and british airdrops at that

jumping out of a plane was dumb then and its even dumber now. the only reason it was even pushed to begin with was because of how time was no one's friend in WW2 and because information was incredibly hard to come by. dropping a massive number of soldiers in an area where they weren't supposed to be may as well have been strategic pocket sand in your enemy's eyes - something to buy you time while you pushed your armor to where it needed to be.

its not fear stopping people its common sense. shyt ain't even a school or skillset :dead: airborne is play play mixed with nostalgia

what can an airborne soldier do that a drone can't?

oh that's right. die and waste a bunch of training and time/money invested :martin:
I'm not gonna have any respect for your opinions until you join the military.
yeah you might be sipping the koolaid homie :francis:

he told no lies there

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Not a military person, but everyone of you brehs need to put in billets to the special operation forces in your respective branches.

Negroes should be running all of that.

Brothas already getting PTSD from normal ass deployments.

You get dropouts who have some serious fukked up mental just from not making the cut.

Those that do, when they aren't training, are deploying, and vice versa. That shyt is not cake. That shyt becomes your life, and there really ain't no cooldown like it. Special Operations cats are an entirely different animal, but I do not envy them one bit.