Migrating shyt to a new phone is a gawt damm headache!

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That shyt is annoying. The hardest part for me was that some of my apps I had to reenter passwords to enable using FaceID. Some apps I hadn't used passwords on in years so did not remember them. That combined with some documents I had stored within apps that did not move over. Other issue was some apps not working right because they required logging in on the new phone once before notifications kicked in. Most minor annoyances but that shyt can add up.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
That shyt is annoying. The hardest part for me was that some of my apps I had to reenter passwords to enable using FaceID. Some apps I hadn't used passwords on in years so did not remember them. That combined with some documents I had stored within apps that did not move over. Other issue was some apps not working right because they required logging in on the new phone once before notifications kicked in. Most minor annoyances but that shyt can add up.

start using KeePassXC Password Manager or #1 Password Manager & Vault App, Enterprise SSO & MFA | LastPass

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Does icloud keychain not migrate? Never transferred iphone data to a new iPhone so thats why im askin.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I actually have both of those, keepass for work. It's my own fault for being lazy with actually entering my password information into those programs.

Don’t even need iCloud. Just a computer with iTunes. Backup the old phone then plug in the new phone and update. It’s like you still have your old phone only it evolved
I did a backup to icloud and itunes. I was upgrading from a phone with the thumbprint login to the face login so you have to reestablish the logins on all the apps set up with the thumbnail login.