Migrating shyt to a new phone is a gawt damm headache!

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Move to iOS keeps giving me an error during the transfer. Even Apple has given me the:yeshrug:

I'm gonna try on my old S7, I'm wondering if there's something with a newer version of Android that is causing the issue.

The Verizon app won't transfer messages

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Move to iOS keeps giving me an error during the transfer. Even Apple has given me the:yeshrug:

I'm gonna try on my old S7, I'm wondering if there's something with a newer version of Android that is causing the issue.

The Verizon app won't transfer messages

it could very well be android pie/9 that has an incompatibility issue. try increasing the screen display timeout on android and make sure the screen doesn't go blank when you use move to ios.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it could very well be android pie/9 that has an incompatibility issue. try increasing the screen display timeout on android and make sure the screen doesn't go blank when you use move to ios.
Screen on Android stays on the whole time.

It'll take five hours to get to 48% then errors out.

Testing it in my S7 now that's running Android 7

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
open google drive -> sign in -> select your device backup and hit restore.
The restore option isn't there.

I select Nexus 6P backup and it lists four options:

App data
Call history
Device setting
SMS

When I click on Call history, Device settings and SMS it just gives a description on a pop-up. The only thing to select is "Got it". Then it closes when I select it.

When I click on apps, it lists all the apps I had but when I click on them nothing happens.

Do I have to be logged on to my computer or something?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The restore option isn't there.

I select Nexus 6P backup and it lists four options:

App data
Call history
Device setting
SMS

When I click on Call history, Device settings and SMS it just gives a description on a pop-up. The only thing to select is "Got it". Then it closes when I select it.

When I click on apps, it lists all the apps I had but when I click on them nothing happens.

Do I have to be logged on to my computer or something?

looks like you may have to restore after a factory reset , make sure your the account you signed into google drive is the same one in settings-> accounts.
if you choose to factory reset, backup first.

Back up or restore data on your Android device - Nexus Help

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
looks like you may have to restore after a factory reset , make sure your the account you signed into google drive is the same one in settings-> accounts.
if you choose to factory reset, backup first.

Back up or restore data on your Android device - Nexus Help
Restoring to factory reset makes me nervous. I was hoping I could do it by not going that route. My replacement is refurbished so I don't want to jack it up again.

Maybe I should still do it though.

And yes, it's the same one, same account.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Restoring to factory reset makes me nervous. I was hoping I could do it by not going that route. My replacement is refurbished so I don't want to jack it up again.

Maybe I should still do it though.

And yes, it's the same one, same account.

ii really didn't want to suggest factory reset since thats the nuclear option in my opinion but theres but i can't seem to find an alternative. i'm use to working on local backups and restores.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
ii really didn't want to suggest factory reset since thats the nuclear option in my opinion but theres but i can't seem to find an alternative. i'm use to working on local backups and restores.
Man, this sucks. I really didn't want to start all over.

I don't remember what all my settings were.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Man, this sucks. I really didn't want to start all over.

I don't remember what all my settings were.

hold off on doing so.

take screenshots of your app configurations, settings, etc...

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
hold off on doing so.

take screenshots of your app configurations, settings, etc...
I screen shot some things but I don't know what for or why I'm taking a screen shot.

I don't really know what I'm doing. If I factory reset then I won't be able to see the screen shots anymore.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Last pass and my SD card solve most of those issues. I just moved from an S10+ to a Note10+ and outside of re-downloading some YouTube videos and some two step verifications it was simple. Even including that stuff it was simple.
You got to be a complete nitwit not to.able to do that

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I screen shot some things but I don't know what for or why I'm taking a screen shot.

I don't really know what I'm doing. If I factory reset then I won't be able to see the screen shots anymore.

copy your phones internal memory to your pc, that includes Android,Download,DCIM,Pictures,Documents,Music folders etc

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
copy your phones internal memory to your pc, that includes Android,Download,DCIM,Pictures,Documents,Music folders etc
I don't have anything in most of those folders anymore. I just got my replacement in the mail Tuesday.

My pictures and videos are/were backed up on amazon photos, so I do have those. And I can see what apps I downloaded from google play.

When I set it up on Tuesday I don't remember an option to restore from google drive backup. But it was late and I was ready to use my phone again so I may have missed it.
I figure it must be a way to restore even once you get you phone running again. Guess not. You have to do it from the setup it seems.