Migos got their chain snatched in DC. (Developing Story)

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SO true. What I don't understand is that well off black kids be thinking that it's cool to be "in the streets" like that.
That's easy! It's because we don't see manhood the same as whites, and some other other groups. For them manhood is taking care of your women, getting a high paying job, or owning a well off business. You know how many white men feel ashamed if their women work?:ohhh:

For us because we were let out of the game for so long, our manhood comes from being tough, and handling problems. Its passed down, so it's not going to stop in one generation, especially when everyone who looks like you in the media is doing it also. They do it to belong, and not looking like a sellout. We need to change as black people in general.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That's easy! It's because we don't see manhood the same as whites, and some other other groups. For them manhood is taking care of your women, getting a high paying job, or owning a well off business. You know how many white men feel ashamed if their women work?:ohhh:

For us because we were let out of the game for so long, our manhood comes from being tough, and handling problems. Its passed down, so it's not going to stop in one generation, especially when everyone who looks like you in the media is doing it also. They do it to belong, and not looking like a sellout. We need to change as black people in general.

That "sellout" shyt for striving to be a better person is just stupidity.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That "sellout" shyt for striving to be a better person is just stupidity.
It is but, remember when you was kid and testosterone was flowing through you? You wanted to be a man so bad, I know I did, and if others around you(including the media) all show black men in a certain light, you either play the role lightly meaning just "swag" but none of the criminal elements or if you have some family issues, that's when the criminality aspect comes in. You really don't know what's going on in the household. For a lot of whites, when they go through it, they aren't taken serious, so they don't go through the system. A lot of times they just use hard drugs to cope, and be "cool".

For us, we are taken serious, and put through the system, which can harden you. Or we just lash out at others. For some reason whites, and other groups, tend to lash out on themselves which make their lives harder, and those close to them. We tend to lash out at others, and make their lives harder as well as ourselves. When I write other, I mean blacks or latins, rarely whites or other groups. That's how you know some of it is self hatred. Money can't change these issues. It's education, and willing to change, that will do it. Many of us think having money is the answer to everything but, it goes deeper then that, money is just a tool. How you you use it determines your future.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It is but, remember when you was kid and testosterone was flowing through you? You wanted to be a man so bad, I know I did, and if others around you(including the media) all show black men in a certain light, you either play the role lightly meaning just "swag" but none of the criminal elements or if you have some family issues, that's when the criminality aspect comes in. You really don't know what's going on in the household. For a lot of whites, when they go through it, they aren't taken serious, so they don't go through the system. A lot of times they just use hard drugs to cope, and be "cool".

For us, we are taken serious, and put through the system, which can harden you. Or we just lash out at others. For some reason whites, and other groups, tend to lash out on themselves which make their lives harder, and those close to them. We tend to lash out at others, and make their lives harder as well as ourselves. When I write other, I mean blacks or latins, rarely whites or other groups. That's how you know some of it is self hatred. Money can't change these issues. It's education, and willing to change, that will do it. Many of us think having money is the answer to everything but, it goes deeper then that, money is just a tool. How you you use it determines your future.

Yeah, but to tell you the truth, it was far worse in the 80s and 90s when everyone wanted to be on that huff thug shyt and endangered everything just to appeal to hoes. There are too many black men in jail that will be spending life in jail over impressing their peers and impressing bird brain hoes.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, but to tell you the truth, it was far worse in the 80s and 90s when everyone wanted to be on that huff thug shyt and endangered everything just to appeal to hoes. There are too many black men in jail that will be spending life in jail over impressing their peers and impressing bird brain hoes.
I'd argue rap, the culture, the youth is more centred around materialism in 2014 than ever. Especially with social media coming in

Even though rappers went hipster, they still pushing that materialistic fake hood shyt. Compliments of the label ofc

Blatlanta

In The Bity Boolin In The Bondo
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I'd argue rap, the culture, the youth is more centred around materialism in 2014 than ever. Especially with social media coming in

Even though rappers went hipster, they still pushing that materialistic fake hood shyt. Compliments of the label ofc

You may be right about the materialism...

But the pure raw hood appeal has definitely wore off and has become somewhat "Corny" to a lot of mainstream rap fans nowadays

A real street artist like Young Thug had to start trolling and pretending to be gay just to get a buzz outside of the hood in ATL.....that shyt would of never flied in 90s....

You can also look at Lil Wayne how much he has changed around 08-09 once he started to appeal to a more mainstream crowd. Believe it or not, skateboarding and wearing all that suspect shyt made him more appealing to other demographics. People are not longer really intrigued by the stereotypical ghetto "thug" black guy...

Last edited:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK

False. Think about when you were in HS, material things was all that was on your mind. Being that we are older, its easier and hypocritical to say the statement you made. It just seems that way because those things that was once so important to you, just isn't anymore. I dunno you personally, but in general teens and (less)young adults are materialistic in our culture.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You may be right about the materialism...

But the pure raw hood appeal was definitely wore off and has become somewhat "Corny" to a lot of mainstream rap fans nowadays

A real street artist like Young Thug had to start trolling and pretending to be gay just to get a buzz outside of the hood in ATL.....that shyt would of never flied in 90s....
Materialism is the main catalyst behind the hyper masculinity that has surrounded rap. The catalyst has gone no where... Money, Cars, Clothes & Hoes

@Mike Ock

You're right, I was having this convo not too long ago. But with the aid of social media I think social pressures have increased somewhat to a greater extent on the youths.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Materialism is the main catalyst behind the hyper masculinity that has surrounded rap. The catalyst has gone no where... Money, Cars, Clothes & Hoes

@Mike Ock

You're right, I was having this convo not too long ago. But with the aid of social media I think social pressures have increased somewhat to a greater extent on the youths.

That could be fair to say, but also it's more visible to us via social media. People are going out of their way to try and be a star now because of social media.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That could be fair to say, but also it's more visible to us via social media. People are going out of their way to try and be a star now because of social media.

I feel ya....Thats my point, shyts hitting a different scale.

It was always visible, youre right. But the drive for visibility is far greater