Midnight Suns (Marvel X-com Game) December 2nd

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
looks like they cancelled the Nintendo Switch version.

All four DLC installments (The Good, the Bad, and the Undead; Redemption; The Hunger; and Blood Storm) will be available on launch day to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players who purchase the Legendary Edition of the game or the Marvel's Midnight Season Pass. Note that a Nintendo Switch version of Marvel's Midnight Suns is no longer planned.

Last piece of midnight suns content, ever. :mjcry:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been playing this heavy I just recruited Wolverine and I already logged in over 20 hours :wow:

Copped this and the season pass on sale and I’m very happy with waiting

Edit: I can’t even front, for me this is one of the better games to drop and nobody really gave it a chance hell I didn’t even think about playing until I kept lurking this thread, and seeing a few posters who I respect when it comes to games were real into it, then I watched a few more gameplay vids and just said fukk it I’m in.

Definitely a hidden gem and I don’t even like card games but there’s a good reward when you do well in battle. I love it

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I still never finished the main game. How does the dlc even for into it all? And is this the very last one? I may cop a bundle when on sale and I'm ready to go back to finish it.
It doesn’t really. Completely different (side) story focused on vampires and Dracula.

As far as DLC story content and new roster additions go:

Deadpool DLC = crap story but good character
Venom DLC = good story but crap character
Morbius DLC = good story and good character

DP and Morbius are good but probably wouldn’t replace 2 of your core 3 and they wouldn’t move the needle for you if you aren’t already interested in finishing the game.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
With the final dlc. the vampire storyline is a little over half as long as the main campaign. 12 dlc story missions versus 21 main story missions.

so at least its plenty of additional content.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Replace the card combat with that ultimate alliance style gameplay and keep everything else in this game the same and I think this game does much better.

That and probably if they’d rebranded it as “Avengers / X-Men / Midnight Suns: [insert title]”

Since that’s what it is anyway. With a better color scheme than the strong yellow.

Also, I supported it because of Blade but they gotta stop this shyt habit of keeping T’Challa outta these Marvel games. Or regulating him to DLC months after launch.

Toy companies and merchandising are way ahead of the game industry when it comes to cashing in on his popularity.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Replace the card combat with that ultimate alliance style gameplay and keep everything else in this game the same and I think this game does much better.

And it would be way worse, like MUA3

I’d rather this game keep its strategy, turn-based roots and be a cult classic great game rather than another throw away title in the Ultimate Alliance franchise for a few more dollars

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

That and probably if they’d rebranded it as “Avengers / X-Men / Midnight Suns: [insert title]”

Since that’s what it is anyway. With a better color scheme than the strong yellow.

Also, I supported it because of Blade but they gotta stop this shyt habit of keeping T’Challa outta these Marvel games. Or regulating him to DLC months after launch.

Toy companies and merchandising are way ahead of the game industry when it comes to cashing in on his popularity.
From a business perspective this make sense.
but from a fan of the game's perspective. i disagree mostly. I like the card combat.
i also wasn't that big a fan of them including all these x-men and avengers characters in the game. Would rather they had gone all in with the midnight suns team. and include more horror adjacent character you usually see in the midnight suns comics. like Moon night, instead of captain america, man thing instead of hulk, werewolf by night and elsa bloodstone instead of storm and spiderman. the usually characters you see in this type of story.
midnight sons are supposed to be the darker characters that are willing to get their hands dirty. Spiderman with his no killing rule is not a good fit imo.
XjeuAfAFccN9nH4ZzRkdQ6.jpg

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
brother voodoo, daredevil, punisher, are some other characters i would have included instead of the avengers characters

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Elsa Bloodstone
yep in fact heres the ideal roster imo

Hunter (keep as a custom character but would've been happy with Blade as the main protag)
Dr Strange
Captain Marvel Elsa Bloodstone
Blade
Ghost Rider
Hulk Man Thing
Iron Man Moonknight
Magik
Nico
Scarlet Witch
Spiderman (use an alternate darker spiderman like scarlet spider instead.)
Wolverine daredevil
Deadoool Punisher
Morbius
Venom Werewolf by Night (didn't mind venom as a villain though)
Storm Brother Voodoo

they included more of the legacy character i think in order to sell more copies of the game. but obviously that didn't work anyway.