Midnight Suns (Marvel X-com Game) December 2nd

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Finally beat it yesterday after taking my time leveling up characters and maxing out the game difficulty. I thought the plot was cool, not by TLoU or GoW standards but from what you’d expect from those early/mid 00s superhero cartoons.

I back-read some of the earlier discussions you guys had about characters... and i'll say i found Strange, Hulk, and Wanda to be the most OP tbh. Hulk doesn't have any quicks but his taunt card that builds rage per enemy targeting him + the repetitive hound dogs that gang target you = instant Brolly status. You play Always Angry card that converts Rage to Health, and all of a sudden Hulk has 2K+ health. Or you play World Breaker and it's basically game over. Then factor many of his attack cards apply stun... which means all the gimmick missions that has an enemy with block guarding something or someone = cupcake

At hardest difficulty i solo'd part 1 of the final mission, facing possessed _____, just with Hulk alone.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I also noticed that the modded cards in my play-through were biased in their attributes. For Carol, she got a lot of conceals for her quick cards and for redrawing other cards.. so by end-game she becomes a 'glass canon' that most enemies couldn't touch. Similarly Strange gets conceals but moreso attributes that stack up the heroism gained for other cards. Like, you can mod Restore Combat item to get you 4+ heroism if you use it. So imagine Overdrive Serum + Doctor Strange + Hulk + it doesn't matter your 3rd person. Basically for any lead character, Strange is the best support for maxed heroism, and casting multple resists, conceals etc.. while keeping himself alive by the auto-conceals in his quick attacks.

Wanda of course can just manipulate the entire field. Her healing + resist hex field strangely enough only works for allies and not for her, which i think stops her from being borderline invincible.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Just started this and really enjoying it, this recipe was more suited for X-men it would have been a killer being focused on the X-mansion and on mutants.

All I could think of throughout the time playing was how well this would've fit the X-mansion

Could've broken up some of the friend monotony with classes

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
40$ right now for the game and dlc. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger even though I really don’t like the card mechanic from a glance but the action does look good :patrice:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just finished it today… My only negative is, too much dialogue and I disliked the friendship mechanic. Besides that, I‘ve haven’t been hooked on a game like this in awhile. I‘m hoping for a sequel.
How did you get hooked on the game but hated the friendship :russ:

The power of friendship is everything :blessed:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Deadpool's dlc story was meh but the character is damn good. He's lowkey a good replacement for Strange for those who want a support character that can provide more firepower.

Similar to Strange his mods favor stacking heroism;, i.e. you can get 4+ heroism after a single play, which makes him a great compliment to guys like Hulk or any heavy hitter with steep heroism requirements. His "Fuego" sability can lead to attack power boosts, but can also give his taunt card 4+ resists (1 for each Fuego), so he can damage soak for glass canons like Wanda.

Venom otho, had a pretty good dlc story but the character itself is meh.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
40$ right now for the game and dlc. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger even though I really don’t like the card mechanic from a glance but the action does look good :patrice:

Combat is excellent would definitely recommend this game. Don’t trip about the card shyt it’s not how you think it is, they basically use the cards as a way to make you not spam the same strategy every battle and think on the fly.

It’s a very unique type of strategy gameplay you really can’t compare to anything else. It is very good though and they did a great job translating all the hero’s superpowers to the gameplay

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Combat is excellent would definitely recommend this game. Don’t trip about the card shyt it’s not how you think it is, they basically use the cards as a way to make you not spam the same strategy every battle and think on the fly.

It’s a very unique type of strategy gameplay you really can’t compare to anything else. It is very good though and they did a great job translating all the hero’s superpowers to the gameplay
I just copped and I was wrong it’s just the base game and some skins no dlc

that shyt is 40$ on sale :what:

Is it worth the price?