Microsoft’s Xbox boss says Amazon and Google are ‘the main competitors going forward’

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's easy to focus on JUST games when you are located, in the gaming meca of the world and it just flows to you.

A lot of the concerns that western gamers have like ping, infrastructure, network speeds, online experience, and accessibility are more at the forefront with Microsoft.

But I think they got the wake up call they needed last gen, and we'll see way more games from them will a bit less focus on the tech side outside pushing cloud and remote play.

Another 4 years or so and tunes will be completely different. Because Sony Stan's ain't loyal.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's easy to focus on JUST games when you are located, in the gaming meca of the world and it just flows to you.

A lot of the concerns that western gamers have like ping, infrastructure, network speeds, online experience, and accessibility are more at the forefront with Microsoft.

But I think they got the wake up call they needed last gen, and we'll see way more games from them will a bit less focus on the tech side outside pushing cloud and remote play.

Another 4 years or so and tunes will be completely different. Because Sony Stan's ain't loyal.
It's funny how MSFT is seen as this innovator in remote play and cloud gaming when Sony dropped remote play day 1 with the PS4 and PS Now years later. MSFT comes in way later(6 years later) talking about cloud gaming and remote play and y'all suddenly acting like they created the wave :mjlol:

We BEEN remote playing.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
:laff: @PS4 opinion is the one you’re rolling with

One of the WOATS is saying this...
full

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's funny how MSFT is seen as this innovator in remote play and cloud gaming when Sony dropped remote play day 1 with the PS4 and PS Now years later. MSFT comes in way later(6 years later) talking about cloud gaming and remote play and y'all suddenly acting like they created the wave :mjlol:

We BEEN remote playing.

Sony gets there hands into alot of bags 1st truthfully but they half do things, only to a point where it's serviceable at best, then they let someone else refines it and realize it's a market, and make a push after the fact.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

A lot of the concerns that western gamers have like ping, infrastructure, network speeds, online experience, and accessibility are more at the forefront with

It’s always the future with Microsoft isn’t it? :mjlol:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s always the future with Microsoft isn’t it? :mjlol:
Enjoy your mythical future great games in 20yrs whilst we play the great ones now

If only there was a way for me to PlayStation games on my PlayStation.:patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony gets there hands into alot of bags 1st truthfully but they half do things, only to a point where it's serviceable at best, then they let someone else refines it and realize it's a market, and make a push after the fact.
2020 and the Xbox remote play(console streaming) is still in PREVIEW status.

2013 Sony has had remote play with PS Vita. 2014 Xperia phones and tablets was supported. 2015 it came to Windows/MacOs.

Depending on your network setup YMMV which is true for pretty much all streaming solutions out now.

Shareplay dropped in 2014 also letting anyone on your friend list control the game.

I've tried Xbox console streaming and right now it's not even available on IOS . The Windows app and a preview of the remote play for Xbox is what they have going but they're supposed to have refined it? It's no different than what Sony was doing in 2013.

Xcloud is their PS Now which I haven't tried yet but for all intents and purposes it is their solution to PS Now.

I can't give credit to MSFT for something that Sony did already.

Even the Games for Gold MSFT has now was copied off of PS+ giving away free games last gen.

Gamepass was their only thing that they got right.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Why is this nikka above acting like xcloud is the same as ps remote play :dahell:
What y’all are not factoring in is that a user needs a way to access the cloud and no Cloud Service Provider can control that. You can make all the streaming services you want but with shytty USA telco infrastructure in most non-metropolitan areas, data caps, and usage based billing; hardware based gaming will be here for a long time. This is just more signs proving that Microsoft has no freaking clue what gamers want, we want good fukking games...start there. Until these nikkas got some good games to show, they should be quiet.
I hear you, and with 5g now here cable companies are already preparing for the shift. No contract internet bundles for the low. But this isn't about wifi, it's about 5g which you're clearly ignorant on. Again, it works on 4g, and with time and tweaking it could work fine on that because once upon a time we played online via aol, seganet, shyt like that. You ever hear of NBA 2k1?
:laff: @PS4 opinion is the one you’re rolling with
You mean the guy who talked about the cloud and how Sony wasn't future proof? Courtdogs kennel was created where my threads on the subject was merged. Why does the truth hurt sohh bad?
This. They seem to be focused on everything but games. Cloud, streaming, game pass, Kinect, movies, etc. And they wonder why Nintendo and Sony keep kicking their ass. People buy consoles to play games, you can have the most powerful console, infrastructure etc but without games no one will fukk with you.

Sony learned that shyt during the ps3 era and came back with PS4 focused mainly on games and won. Microsoft meanwhile haven’t learnt anything.
So gamepass isn't about games :mjtf:

And correct me if I'm wrong but i thought you guys loved all the media functionality of the ps3. I loved the shyt the xbox one did and does but if that hurts your fakkit ass feelings I apologize
Why is this stickied? :mjtf:
Why do you care

We BEEN remote playing.
You have? Then you'd know first hand how laggy that shyt was no matter your connection speed. Main reason why you champions thought cloud gaming couldn't be done :ohhh: you literally acting like xcloud is the same :wow:
Just like an always online future they envisioned remember!?!?:mjlol:

#NEVERFORGET :troll:

Your cellphone is always online
Your smart homes are always online
Your video game systems been always online

Oh wait, now you have a problem after those truths? Nah, you nikkaz like Republicans. Nobody thinks fir themselves on your side. I think you guys are getting brainwashed by the games somehow :patrice:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
He only said that because it came out the other day Nintendo Switch has already surpassed them in sales. Also he's referring to infrastructure and not retail. They can lead in cloud infrastructure all they want that won't put Xbox ahead in revenue profit and game sales which is what matters most. Sony and Nintendo can always uses anyone one of these large companies cloud platform to distribute their own cloud services.