Microsoft’s Xbox boss says Amazon and Google are ‘the main competitors going forward’

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
So what's the end game? Because at the end of the day all the Xbox is to the world is another video game machine just like the other two that you aren't concerned with. What kind of elitist shyt is that and why are you in last place if it's the way forward? This multimedia box dream they tried pushing this gen was all for nothing since you can install apps directly on TVs. Not to mention people are on the go and most content is consumed on portable devices, which makes the Switch the hit it is. Until you have the same you're just as "out of position" as everyone else, if not more because you're in distant third.

If anything, if I was an Xbox fan I'd be more concerned since they're coming off an entire gen of not having a single game worth shyt. You can't play a server farm and Azure is independent from Xbox operations anyway, Xbox might as well be its own business. So what if Sony and Nintendo went with AWS which is more widely accepted?

It's a weird and arrogant statement to make. 7 years later and you're still trying to make the media box a thing when you couldn't make a game box for your long time fans. Who gives a fukk about market cap lol, where are these experiences they promised me since the original Xbox One?
I think it's an arrogant and stupid thing to say 9 months before you release a brand new system. You want to be telling consumers you're ready to compete in your own industry--consumers love competition--not tell them youre competing against companies not fully invested in the industry. He is a fukking idiot for coming out and saying that, and to people with brains it comes off as nothing but smoke and mirrors.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Sony is using Azure. They are literally becoming Microsoft's customer. You're still thinking about who sells the most boxes to end users and Microsoft is thinking about software and cloud computing on a wide scale. It's not really about the walled garden approach as much anymore its about creating a platform that exist as a service.

Sony's market cap isn't even 20% of Microsoft's.

shut up

Microsoft Xbox division is not Microsoft as a whole

It's very true. I've been saying this for years now....

You'd almost think I was on the team.:whoo:

At some point it's going to be a hard shift, and Nintendo nor Sony is gonna be ready like Microsoft is.

The thing about that is Nintendo doesn't need to be, they know how to work outside the box and are a brand.

Sony definitely has the most work cut out for them.

And I think Microsoft realizes that if Google or Amazon really wanted to get into the gaming business they could be a serious threat

Stadia might be trash now, but Google has Money to make sure it isn't in in the future

outside of what box

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
shut up

And when Microsoft's Xbox division started analyzing how they could better fit in with the rest of the company they came to the conclusion that eventually gaming would transition to being a service and they could be at the forefront of that.

Yall view the Xbox One getting it's ass handed to it by the PS4 as a negative. I view it as a win for us all. Today because of that Microsoft had the freedom to create Gamepass. Put all formerly exclusive games on the PC and even the Switch has games that have a Microsoft character or an exclusive. Gamers on the PS4 and XBO can play online against each other.

When these companies compete against each other consumers win.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Sony making companies change sports altogether :mjgrin:
Actually, it sounds like Msft is struggling with the restraints of collegiate D1 league and feels its skillset would flourish in the NBA...

Sony is the greatest College ball player ever...

In the photography game... Kodak was the greatest college ball player ever... But digital was NBA and Kodak took it for granted...:usure:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
And when Microsoft's Xbox division started analyzing how they could better fit in with the rest of the company they came to the conclusion that eventually gaming would transition to being a service and they could be at the forefront of that.

Yall view the Xbox One getting it's ass handed to it by the PS4 as a negative. I view it as a win for us all. Today because of that Microsoft had the freedom to create Gamepass. Put all formerly exclusive games on the PC and even the Switch has games that have a Microsoft character or an exclusive. Gamers on the PS4 and XBO can play online against each other.

When these companies compete against each other consumers win.

these aren’t really wins to all gamers

wins would be Xbox investing and creating the best content for gamers

why would you buy a Xbox series X?

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Why not talk about the PRESENT? Cause it doesn't benefit the narrative, that's why. This whole "statement" is disingenuous.

:pachaha:It's sad and quite delusional weird, really....

So..... don't talk about the topic got it...
full

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shut up

outside of what box

Nintendo releases an under power system every single gen, they don't have movie games like playstation and xbox and there online system is truthfully whack. Yet there systems always end up selling like crazy, even the wii u which alot of people would call a flop..

They are going to be already, It makes sense that microsoft wouldn't see them as a threat.

And sony doesn't seem to be interested in the games as a service or cloud gaming like talking about. There goal seems to continue to try and make hot exclusives games and maybe VR at some point.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was to point out how silly it is to say "Sony is MSFT's customer" as if MSFT operates entirely independent. Every company buys their parts or something from someone else.
I feel what you are saying, but I feel like this is a bit different.

It's not like buying parts that every other company has to use because its a standard or only available from that company. Sony choose there could base service, even if it wasn't the gaming sector that made the call.

these aren’t really wins to all gamers

wins would be Xbox investing and creating the best content for gamers

why would you buy a Xbox series X?
Xbox actually has done this more so than Sony or nintendo.

From game settings in there 1st party games like color blind
Controllers like adaptive controller.
Xbox Insider for those who like to beta test games and try them early and get points to use on other things in the MS store.
Customer service is better
Backward compatibility all the way back to the OG xbox
My digital library from my 360 is still there and ready to be downloaded on my xbox X
Gamepass
Free games each month with Live, 2 from last gen and 2 from current which you get to keep forever unlike PSN
It's really a bunch of stuff,What I listed is the tangible stuff that I can take advantage of, but there's the other things they are setting up for that when the xbox 1 was announced I was really excited for potentially. Gamepass kinda falls into that bag.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
So what's the end game? Because at the end of the day all the Xbox is to the world is another video game machine just like the other two that you aren't concerned with. What kind of elitist shyt is that and why are you in last place if it's the way forward? This multimedia box dream they tried pushing this gen was all for nothing since you can install apps directly on TVs. Not to mention people are on the go and most content is consumed on portable devices, which makes the Switch the hit it is. Until you have the same you're just as "out of position" as everyone else, if not more because you're in distant third.

If anything, if I was an Xbox fan I'd be more concerned since they're coming off an entire gen of not having a single game worth shyt. You can't play a server farm and Azure is independent from Xbox operations anyway, Xbox might as well be its own business. So what if Sony and Nintendo went with AWS which is more widely accepted?

It's a weird and arrogant statement to make. 7 years later and you're still trying to make the media box a thing when you couldn't make a game box for your long time fans. Who gives a fukk about market cap lol, where are these experiences they promised me since the original Xbox One?[/QUOTE]

End game...
full
Breh where you think hardware/software going be in the next decade...? You think all these companies going to continue pushing out these traditional consoles..? Nah, they about to start pushing that towards PC/Streaming online. Everything about to be streaming via cloud in the next decade, if there's no wars or silly shyt going on. 5G wasn't even possible 3 years ago and it's steady increasing to the general public. Microsoft is already preparing themselves for this and Amazon/Google have the largest cloud computing hosts for business in the world at the moment.

Have you not seen the recent upgrades/features/games that xbox have came out with?:mjlol:

You want Microsoft too wipe your tears or something? Was that the promise?:mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's not like buying parts that every other company has to use because its a standard or only available from that company. Sony choose there could base service, even if it wasn't the gaming sector that made the call.
If they had to choose, wouldn't Microsoft be the best option?

Sony could have went with AWS or Google, but Microsoft has more knowledge and is better equipped to handle gaming related services. From a business perspective, going with azure seems like the smart decision for sony.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they had to choose, wouldn't Microsoft be the best option?

Sony could have went with AWS or Google, but Microsoft has more knowledge and is better equipped to handle gaming related services. From a business perspective, going with azure seems like the smart decision for sony.

I think it's the best option by far, and clearly not a conflict of interest to MS.

I'm just saying that other options were out there... Unlike blu Ray which Sony is just one company of many that make up that.

They choose them so it feels more like they are a customer of Microsoft " which let's be honest, who isn't to some extent" more so than Microsoft was ever a customer of theirs.