Microsoft’s Xbox boss says Amazon and Google are ‘the main competitors going forward’

drifter

Superstar
Daps
So what's the end game? Because at the end of the day all the Xbox is to the world is another video game machine just like the other two that you aren't concerned with. What kind of elitist shyt is that and why are you in last place if it's the way forward? This multimedia box dream they tried pushing this gen was all for nothing since you can install apps directly on TVs. Not to mention people are on the go and most content is consumed on portable devices, which makes the Switch the hit it is. Until you have the same you're just as "out of position" as everyone else, if not more because you're in distant third.

If anything, if I was an Xbox fan I'd be more concerned since they're coming off an entire gen of not having a single game worth shyt. You can't play a server farm and Azure is independent from Xbox operations anyway, Xbox might as well be its own business. So what if Sony and Nintendo went with AWS which is more widely accepted?

It's a weird and arrogant statement to make. 7 years later and you're still trying to make the media box a thing when you couldn't make a game box for your long time fans. Who gives a fukk about market cap lol, where are these experiences they promised me since the original Xbox One?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony is using Azure. They are literally becoming Microsoft's customer. You're still thinking about who sells the most boxes to end users and Microsoft is thinking about software and cloud computing on a wide scale. It's not really about the walled garden approach as much anymore its about creating a platform that exist as a service.

Sony's market cap isn't even 20% of Microsoft's.
Microsoft is using Blu-ray which Sony is a part of(Blu-Ray Disc Association). They are literally Sony's customer. :troll:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Larry Stans and the shilling :picard:

All that Forza, Halo, and Gears is clouding their minds

giphy-downsized-large.gif

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
This is the same hubris and misread of the market that left them flabby in the current generation.

They are simply “doing the most”. Heads in the clouds looking for the “next big thing” without focusing on what currently drives the attention and dollars of gamers.

I think they’ll actually do worse next gen than their performance this gen...