Microsoft’s Xbox boss says Amazon and Google are ‘the main competitors going forward’

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
End game...
full
Breh where you think hardware/software going be in the next decade...? You think all these companies going to continue pushing out these traditional consoles..? Nah, they about to start pushing that towards PC/Streaming online. Everything about to be streaming via cloud in the next decade, if there's no wars or silly shyt going on. 5G wasn't even possible 3 years ago and it's steady increasing to the general public. Microsoft is already preparing themselves for this and Amazon/Google have the largest cloud computing hosts for business in the world at the moment.

Have you not seen the recent upgrades/features/games that xbox have came out with?:mjlol:

You want Microsoft too wipe your tears or something? Was that the promise?:mjlol:
You see PS4 and Switch sales why would the model all of sudden switch up in the next decade?

how does what you said benefit the consumers or gaming companies?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Lots of furious Sony gamers in here :wow:
Lost so bad, now they wanna compete against a company that's barely has a presence in the gaming market, and another company that isnt even a gaming company at all.

:mjlol:
Your android device has this thing called Google market place, and Amazon is Amazon which can sell anything. You really don't understand the gaming landscape :gucci:
Streaming only won’t happen for a long long time. How many people in America actually have the bandwidth to cope, never mind the rest of the world.
Anyone with access to wifi, and starting now anyone with 5g. It works on 4g just not flawlessly. But 4g is faster than dialup and online gaming world pretty good back then on PC and consoles like dreamcast so you might wanna slow ya roll pal...
Translation: We can't compete with Sony anymore.
Is that why Sony joined Microsoft instead of the other easy around :comeon:
Microsoft is using Blu-ray which Sony is a part of(Blu-Ray Disc Association). They are literally Sony's customer. :troll:
Except that's something you made up, literally.

Here's the reality of the situation...
Blu-Ray Disc Association to Microsoft: 'Join us.' - IGN]
Where's the games though
Gamepass

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
These Xbox nikkaz hang their hats on anything
Name the Sony exclusive that wasn't hyped as great, I'll wait :popcorn:
It was to point out how silly it is to say "Sony is MSFT's customer" as if MSFT operates entirely independent. Every company buys their parts or something from someone else.
So you're saying Sony isn't Microsoft's customer? :russ:
Well make sure you tell the playstation division this...
Sony's Deal With Microsoft Blindsided Its Own PlayStation Team
Negotiations with Microsoft began last year and were handled directly by Sony’s senior management in Tokyo, largely without the involvement of the PlayStation unit, according to people familiar with the matter. Staff at the gaming division were caught off-guard by the news. Managers had to calm workers and assure them that plans for the company’s next-generation console weren’t affected, said the people, asking not to be identified discussing private matters.

That difficult moment is part of a painful lesson that Sony and many other technology companies are facing as the world’s leading cloud-computing providers become more powerful. If you aren’t spending billions of dollars a year on data centers, servers and network gear, you can’t keep up.
Gaikai was about the same price as RARE :francis:
Why not talk about the PRESENT? Cause it doesn't benefit the narrative, that's why. This whole "statement" is disingenuous.

:pachaha:It's sad and quite delusional weird, really....

these aren’t really wins to all gamers

wins would be Xbox investing and creating the best content for gamers

why would you buy a Xbox series X?
Because it's the best deal in gaming
If they had to choose, wouldn't Microsoft be the best option?

Sony could have went with AWS or Google, but Microsoft has more knowledge and is better equipped to handle gaming related services. From a business perspective, going with azure seems like the smart decision for sony.
Not when they are your competitors :facepalm:
You see PS4 and Switch sales why would the model all of sudden switch up in the next decade?

Sega, SNK, turbo graphix 16 and Atari say hello

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Your android device has this thing called Google market place, and Amazon is Amazon which can sell anything. You really don't understand the gaming landscape

So Microsoft's competition going forward are cellphone shovelwear games on the shytty play store, and Amazon, who's basically an online Walmart and doesn't publish nor develop games.

Sounds like Microsoft isnt trying to make games no more, they wanna sell cheap HDMI cables and boxes of huggies like amazon does.

:troll:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Microsoft just said that they aren't trying to compete with sony.
They said they have expanded their horizons and private jets don't come with rearview mirrors :win:
So Microsoft's competition going forward are cellphone shovelwear games on the shytty play store, and Amazon, who's basically an online Walmart and doesn't publish nor develop games.

Sounds like Microsoft isnt trying to make games no more, they wanna sell cheap HDMI cables and boxes of huggies like amazon does.

The largest gaming platform is via cellphones, as technologies expand Microsoft sees themselves moving into other platforms. So a console will no longer be locked to a console because everything we use will become smart. Smart enough to run a game if that is your desire. So while you guys go "wow, Nintendo is smart making portables " Microsoft sees the future as you can game anywhere. It's literally in the name of the program's they offer. You guys, the consumer only looks at the landscape from its current form without taking into account things like cloud computing. Like, you nikkaz straight up and down ridiculed me because i gave you the game a decade ago... which is what I also did two decades ago in this community :manny: But now you're starting to understand. I've already gamed on my cellphone with an xbox controller at Walmart. If i have a tablet or laptop i could game anywhere today. Tomorrow that statement won't mean anything because that will be the norm.

Sony can do a lot of things but it can't do that, so they partner with their rival or they get left behind. Amazon and Google are not Sonys friends n shyt, all of the big 3 could have let Sony sink. Like, let that sink in because it's the truth...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They said they have expanded their horizons and private jets don't come with rearview mirrors :win:

The largest gaming platform is via cellphones, as technologies expand Microsoft sees themselves moving into other platforms. So a console will no longer be locked to a console because everything we use will become smart. Smart enough to run a game if that is your desire. So while you guys go "wow, Nintendo is smart making portables " Microsoft sees the future as you can game anywhere. It's literally in the name of the program's they offer. You guys, the consumer only looks at the landscape from its current form without taking into account things like cloud computing. Like, you nikkaz straight up and down ridiculed me because i gave you the game a decade ago... which is what I also did two decades ago in this community :manny: But now you're starting to understand. I've already gamed on my cellphone with an xbox controller at Walmart. If i have a tablet or laptop i could game anywhere today. Tomorrow that statement won't mean anything because that will be the norm.

Sony can do a lot of things but it can't do that, so they partner with their rival or they get left behind. Amazon and Google are not Sonys friends n shyt, all of the big 3 could have let Sony sink. Like, let that sink in because it's the truth...

This in a nutshell.

We are literally on the cusp of having foldable phones.

People gonna be unfolding what amounts to mini tv out of there pockets soon. Mini TV's that are as powerful as soon computers.

At some point service base and cloud base gaming is going to be Key.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
This in a nutshell.

We are literally on the cusp of having foldable phones.

People gonna be unfolding what amounts to mini tv out of there pockets soon. Mini TV's that are as powerful as soon computers.

At some point service base and cloud base gaming is going to be Key.

What y’all are not factoring in is that a user needs a way to access the cloud and no Cloud Service Provider can control that. You can make all the streaming services you want but with shytty USA telco infrastructure in most non-metropolitan areas, data caps, and usage based billing; hardware based gaming will be here for a long time. This is just more signs proving that Microsoft has no freaking clue what gamers want, we want good fukking games...start there. Until these nikkas got some good games to show, they should be quiet.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA

10 years is going to sudden switch? :dwillhuh:

How do you think it will? You think we should keep the same format we been doing for the past 40 years...? :dame:

@PS4 Already mention the benefits. He made plenty of posts about it already.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What y’all are not factoring in is that a user needs a way to access the cloud and no Cloud Service Provider can control that. You can make all the streaming services you want but with shytty USA telco infrastructure in most non-metropolitan areas, data caps, and usage based billing; hardware based gaming will be here for a long time. This is just more signs proving that Microsoft has no freaking clue what gamers want, we want good fukking games...start there. Until these nikkas got some good games to show, they should be quiet.
This. They seem to be focused on everything but games. Cloud, streaming, game pass, Kinect, movies, etc. And they wonder why Nintendo and Sony keep kicking their ass. People buy consoles to play games, you can have the most powerful console, infrastructure etc but without games no one will fukk with you.

Sony learned that shyt during the ps3 era and came back with PS4 focused mainly on games and won. Microsoft meanwhile haven’t learnt anything.