Microsoft’s Xbox boss says Amazon and Google are ‘the main competitors going forward’

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Wait, this man @PS4 is equating online gaming being passable on dialup in past with STREAMING a game on 4G and 5G networks :mjlol::mjlol:
Conservative levels of false equivalency
Not to mention 5G telco shyt is pretty much all hype :mjlol:
nikka still aint changed in the slightest :russ:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Wait, this man @PS4 is equating online gaming being passable on dialup in past with STREAMING a game on 4G and 5G networks :mjlol::mjlol:
Conservative levels of false equivalency
Not to mention 5G telco shyt is pretty much all hype :mjlol:
nikka still aint changed in the slightest :russ:
Is 4g faster then dialup, yes or not bruh. Im asking for the friends :sas2:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Will this "hard shift" affect PC sales as well, or is it just relegated to consoles?
They inform AMD and NVidia its a wrap for them too :lupe:
Are we going to stream Office and Windows?
Let us know man
you can already basically stream MS Office since it's a monthly service with web apps

and Nvidia's streaming service (Geforce Now) just came out of beta

cloud gaming isn't ready now IMO, but I think it's clear it will be the future

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It's really a shame Sega went bust and we wound up with Microsoft in their place.
Sega still here, buy tembo the badass elephant TODAY!!!
Man just come with them games. I personally don’t care about all this streaming cloud shyt.

If your games hit, imma buy your shyt
Gamepass currently has 250 games on its service and counting, there isn't a gamer who can't find dozens of gems to play because again, it's 250 games that is continuously updated with new games while removing older titles that are not popular. You know how everyone checks for the free games at the end of the month? On xbox it's new shyt every week :hula:

Gamepass games >>> free titles.
you can already basically stream MS Office since it's a monthly service with web apps

and Nvidia's streaming service (Geforce Now) just came out of beta

cloud gaming isn't ready now IMO, but I think it's clear it will be the future
It's ready for wifi, and wifi is everywhere. Now for all the ballers in this forum I'd assume most of them got 5g already. Tmobile offers it at no additional cost. My question to the adults is this....

How often or when do you seeing yourself using remote play? My first thought would be during a long trip which i don't often take and since I'm the grownup I'd be driving so it's not a thing. Really the only times i see are maybe at Walmart but rarely am i in a public place with time to spare just standing around.
Ok, but we gamed online no problem on dialup. With these new technologies companies don't have to spend time and resources optimizing online code like they once did. Cable companies keep getting faster. But they tell you the same things everytime which is..

"For your modern home with more connected devices than ever before"

Like if multiple video streams wasn't a thing since windows vista. You only need 35mbps down to stream 4k. I don't need a gig connection (allegedly) 100mb should be able to handle 2 4k streams and about 10 regular bandwidth streams like a YouTube no problems. My example again, NBA 2k3 is 17yrs old. I just looked up a gamespot review..
As far as actual games go, we experienced basically no lag at all in a majority of the games, and the Xbox Live communication feature (which has a single voice mask) worked very well.
NBA 2K3 Review

But with much faster speeds you saying things couldn't be optimized? I disagree...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony is using Azure. They are literally becoming Microsoft's customer. You're still thinking about who sells the most boxes to end users and Microsoft is thinking about software and cloud computing on a wide scale. It's not really about the walled garden approach as much anymore its about creating a platform that exist as a service.

Sony's market cap isn't even 20% of Microsoft's.

lmao, Microsoft doesn't make anything, Sony is the biggest electronics company and world has been so for nearly 100 years, the first TVs in America were made by Sony are you serious

The cameras in Iphones are made by Sony

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Boss man out here handing out Ls for the Lstation express. :wow:

I really hope that sony can catch up... all their exclusives are going to PC too...:picard:

Xbox already had Backward Compatibility for good 2 + years now and sony now just got it last year barely... :picard:
:smugbiden:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
yea MS is pulling away on some other shyt. that why Sony stans are so confused rn

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Has less to do with competing and more to keep one foot in the cloud market with the Xbox brand doing the heavy lifting. :yeshrug: Makes no sense to compete with first timers...