Microsofts confirms activision/blizzard games will remain on PS and Nintendo after agreements

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I see now what the real objective is. A universal app store where you can buy software from whoever and use it on whatever device.
Microsoft: Planned universal app store for all devices and platforms
That's a pretty good play from them. Their objective is to get Game Pass on competing platforms so they run to the government and say see we'll play nice we even support a universal app store so people can use any app on any device they choose. That's something none of their competitors will want or support.

To me that means no longer needing to buy all 3 consoles because any console can play any of the other's games. Please let that happen.

To Microsoft it means Game Pass on Apple, Nintendo, and Sony devices. They DGAF about being your preferred payment processor on an app store because you're paying that Game Pass sub to them anyway and their potential customer base grows exponentially.

:deadmanny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I see now what the real objective is. A universal app store where you can buy software from whoever and use it on whatever device.
Microsoft: Planned universal app store for all devices and platforms
That's a pretty good play from them. Their objective is to get Game Pass on competing platforms so they run to the government and say see we'll play nice we even support a universal app store so people can use any app on any device they choose. That's something none of their competitors will want or support.

To me that means no longer needing to buy all 3 consoles because any console can play any of the other's games. Please let that happen.

To Microsoft it means Game Pass on Apple, Nintendo, and Sony devices. They DGAF about being your preferred payment processor on an app store because you're paying that Game Pass sub to them anyway and their potential customer base grows exponentially.
This what I told you yesterday:martin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why else would such a company want an all inclusive app store for all devices? These closed app stores make companies like Apple a killing. No way in hell is Apple going to want a universal app store across all devices. They take like a 30% cut they printing money. If I can go on some random non-Apple device and buy an app then access it from an iPhone they losing that 30%.

Microsoft doesn't really care about that. You paying them that $10 or $15 to access the service they provide you regardless of where you got the app.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why else would such a company want an all inclusive app store for all devices? These closed app stores make companies like Apple a killing. No way in hell is Apple going to want a universal app store across all devices. They take like a 30% cut they printing money. If I can go on some random non-Apple device and buy an app then access it from an iPhone they losing that 30%.

Microsoft doesn't really care about that. You paying them that $10 or $15 to access the service they provide you regardless of where you got the app.

I think you're about the $10 thing but if a game pass game has a in game purchase on PSN then Sony gets 30%.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On on a universal app store? My payment would be tied to said store and I would buy stuff there.
In 2018, Netflix stopped letting consumers subscribe via Apple's service, which takes a 30% cut in the first year and 15% thereafter.

So Microsoft would have to get people to subscribe off PSN. However in game purchases would still have to go through PSN. PSN would never allow a developer to sell anything on their network without getting a cut.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In 2018, Netflix stopped letting consumers subscribe via Apple's service, which takes a 30% cut in the first year and 15% thereafter.

So Microsoft would have to get people to subscribe off PSN. However in game purchases would still have to go through PSN. PSN would never allow a developer to sell anything on their network without getting a cut.
Some games like fortnite bypass the psn/Xbox store and allow users to buy stuff directly from the game.

Apple fought to stop this.

This is Microsoft saying they will have a universal store that allows devs to monetize their games how they want to.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
ya'll are getting one or two more call of duty game on PS and then that shyt is going exclusive
The money they make from PS players is not gonna justify them buying activision/blizzard and ultimately I think external factors will force them that way as well
Sony buying up everything in sight is not gonna go unchecked

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

You're still talking about PSN. A universal app store across all platforms where whatever you buy is usable wherever it's available negates that. At that point PSN store is irrelevant.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're still talking about PSN. A universal app store across all platforms where whatever you buy is usable wherever it's available negates that. At that point PSN store is irrelevant.

If you're playing a game on psn... You want a skin, you purchase the skin in the game menu, 30% of the money goes to PSN..

If they allow outside purchases, EVERY PUBLISHER WILL DO IT and avoid the 30% tax which would fukk Sony out of most of it's revenue.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In a universal app store all developers and publishers will sell their own wares to their customers. Since its not a closed store you would get what you sell. Epic sells you some Fortnite skin and you pay them in that store and use it in whatever platform you play on. No middle men taking a cut there.
If you're playing a game on psn... You want a skin, you purchase the skin in the game menu, 30% of the money goes to PSN..

If they allow outside purchases, EVERY PUBLISHER WILL DO IT and avoid the 30% tax which would fukk Sony out of most of it's revenue.
Now you get the picture. In part that's their goal. Tear down the walls of proprietary app stores so they can sell Game Pass to anyone on any platform. It would also cause what you said there which is why Sony won't go for it. Question is can Microsoft get the government to push it?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s a whole different situation. This is about cross play. Not directly selling Vbucks.

This is only Sony with this stipulation.

I been watching this shyt play out on msnbc..

Sweeney acknowledged, when V-Bucks are purchased on one platform and used on another, every platform involved in the transaction gets a cut — but in the very specific cases that he outlined, Sony gets a little bit more.

:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In a universal app store all developers and publishers will sell their own wares to their customers. Since its not a closed store you would get what you sell. Epic sells you some Fortnite skin and you pay them in that store and use it in whatever platform you play on. No middle men taking a cut there.
Not “all” most devs/publishers don’t have the infrastructure to take payments themselves. For them the “middle man” is needed. This is why Microsoft is pushing to lower that cut to 18%

Devs would be more incentivized to prioritize their store over others.