Microsofts confirms activision/blizzard games will remain on PS and Nintendo after agreements

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're just a gamer, you don't understand business so I'm done.
What I understand is Microsoft is going to the government on this merger and saying here's something pro-consumer and pro-business we support. A universal app store where any software can be purchased and used on any device.

What I understand is congress is become more and more upset with big tech and monopolistic practices like closed app stores on closed platforms and companies using that to bully developers. You're talking about a closed platform and company policies and I'm talking about the government stepping in and mandating companies support a universal app store by law to clamp down on big tech.

If I can buy Call of Duty on PSN for $70 and Microsoft says fukk it if you buy it from us on the universal store we'll cut the price to $60 where do you think I'm gonna buy it if Sony has to support content purchased from that store?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you buy vbucks on epic store and you use it in game, it doesn't go into thin air. It goes into their records and they get a cut. Every way you say PSN gets a cut or every company would do the same and avoid the tax.
No they don’t, and no they wouldn’t. It’s not easy to just have a store of your own. Very few publishers are in a position to do what epic does.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they don’t, and no they wouldn’t. It’s not easy to just have a store of your own. Very few publishers are in a position to do what epic does.

Do you play games on PC? Damn near every major publisher has their own platform because they didn't want to pay steam 30%.. I give up.. Ya'll just gamers not business people

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Either way a universal app store stomps that out.
Yes Microsoft is proposing to cut the fee to 18% and allow the publisher to decide if they want to use the Microsoft store or their own for in app purchases. This should kinda remove the need for their to be 37 different stores and launchers.

Their other motivation for doing this is to set the example so they can get the same/similar terms when they sell their app on other stores.

Gamepass/Xcloud will be a platform within itself and Microsoft wants to be able to monitize it within other ecosystems as well.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes Microsoft is proposing to cut the fee to 18% and allow the publisher to decide if they want to use the Microsoft store or their own for in app purchases. This should kinda remove the need for their to be 37 different stores and launchers.

Their other motivation for doing this is to set the example so they can get the same/similar terms when they sell their app on other stores.

Gamepass/Xcloud will be a platform within itself and Microsoft wants to be able to monitize it within other ecosystems as well.

:mjlol:

18% 1 billion is 180m.. Nobody gonna get rid of their own launcher to give Microsoft 180m while they can return that money to investors.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol:

18% 1 billion is 180m.. Nobody gonna get rid of their own launcher to give Microsoft 180m while they can return that money to investors.
It costs lots of money to have and maintain your own infrastructure for payments and a store. That’s why so few publishers do it. Cutting it to $18 gives them a real choice to make wether to use Microsoft store or their own. Most will just pay the 18% they’ve been paying 30 thus far.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Imagine believing the purchase of a profit generating asset that could cover the cost of its own purchase in a handful of years, to then voluntarily kill large streams of its revenue is practical business brehs.

Y'all are hilarious.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Imagine believing the purchase of a profit generating asset that could cover the cost of its own purchase in a handful of years, to then voluntarily kill large streams of its revenue is practical business brehs.

Y'all are hilarious.
People literally just watched the company do exactly what you are now are acting like is unimaginable.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It costs lots of money to have and maintain your own infrastructure for payments and a store. That’s why so few publishers do it. Cutting it to $18 gives them a real choice to make wether to use Microsoft store or their own. Most will just pay the 18% they’ve been paying 30 thus far.

Just to expand on this, y’all really don’t understand how Microsoft is trying to take over the game.

Their store will be on everything, and their store will have the best terms for both consumers and game creators. And if you as a creator/platform holder don’t use their store, you are probably gonna be paying them for the cloud servers you need to run your own store/platform.

Basically get down or lay down for the industry. :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They haven’t done anything, deal hasn’t even gone through
Phil Spencer says future Bethesda games will be exclusive to "platforms where Game Pass exists"
"But if you're an Xbox customer," Spencer continued, "the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. And that's our goal, that's why we're doing this, that's the root of this partnership that we're building - and the creative capability we'll be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is going to be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."
So yeah people just watched it happen.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Are you seriously comparing the Bethesda acquisition to the Activision Blizzard acquisition? AB has been pulling in $8BN in revenue the last couple of years compared to Bethesda's $200M. That means in a little over a years time the AB acquisition alone will pay for the Bethesda one.

My point still stands, they're never going to cripple such a strong revenue stream through the ownership of AB to appease a group of gamers who want to brag about exclusivity. It would be terrible fcking business.