Microsofts confirms activision/blizzard games will remain on PS and Nintendo after agreements

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I been watching this shyt play out on msnbc..

Sweeney acknowledged, when V-Bucks are purchased on one platform and used on another, every platform involved in the transaction gets a cut — but in the very specific cases that he outlined, Sony gets a little bit more.

:mjlol:
No this is what they went to court with Apple over.

They offer discounted VBucks if you buy them directly from their store. In that case the aforementioned stores don’t get a cut.

The cross play thing is a whole different issue

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No this is what they went to court with Apple over.

They offer discounted VBucks if you buy them directly from their store. In that case the aforementioned stores don’t get a cut.

The cross play thing is a whole different issue

You misunderstand what's going on

In order to lessen the impact of being able to buy Fortnite V-Bucks directly from Epic, as a pertienent example, if there’s a disparity of 15%, then Sony will take a 15% cut from the shortfall, splitting the difference on their flat 30% fee on PSN transactions. This is calculated per territory, on a monthly bases, and gives Sony the right to audit the publisher’s accounts to ensure they’re not being cut out.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In a universal app store all developers and publishers will sell their own wares to their customers. Since its not a closed store you would get what you sell. Epic sells you some Fortnite skin and you pay them in that store and use it in whatever platform you play on. No middle men taking a cut there.

Now you get the picture. In part that's their goal. Tear down the walls of proprietary app stores so they can sell Game Pass to anyone on any platform. It would also cause what you said there which is why Sony won't go for it. Question is can Microsoft get the government to push it?

This makes absolutely no sense

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You misunderstand what's going on

In order to lessen the impact of being able to buy Fortnite V-Bucks directly from Epic, as a pertienent example, if there’s a disparity of 15%, then Sony will take a 15% cut from the shortfall, splitting the difference on their flat 30% fee on PSN transactions. This is calculated per territory, on a monthly bases, and gives Sony the right to audit the publisher’s accounts to ensure they’re not being cut out.
It’s not me that’s misunderstanding things :francis:

The cross play thing is Sony saying if you are gonna pay for all your content elsewhere but spend all your playtime on our platform we want a cut of that. This only pertains to cross play.

That’s a whole different issue than merely allowing a game-app to monitize itself within the app.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This makes absolutely no sense
How doesn't it?

From a corporation standpoint Google, Nintendo, Sony, and Apple aren't gonna go for this. They want me purchasing things on their individual app stores subject to their policies and their cut.

From a consumer standpoint what Microsoft is talking about is heaven.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not me that’s misunderstanding things :francis:

The cross play thing is Sony saying if you are gonna pay for all your content elsewhere but spend all your playtime on our platform we want a cut of that. This only pertains to cross play.

That’s a whole different issue than merely allowing a game-app to monitize itself within the app.

You can't monetize in game purchases within a app if you're playing on their platform. I've been saying this the whole time. If you want to play the game on PSN you're gonna pay the psn tax no matter where you bought the item

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How doesn't it?

From a corporation standpoint Google, Nintendo, Sony, and Apple aren't gonna go for this. They want me purchasing things on their individual app stores subject to their policies and their cut.

From a consumer standpoint what Microsoft is talking about is heaven.

Everything Microsoft says in the next year is so the Activision deal doesn't get blocked.

Nvidia agreed to buy Arm from SoftBank for about $40 billion in 2020. ... The Federal Trade Commission sued to block Nvidia's acquisition of Arm back in December, citing competition concerns. After the FTC sued to block the transaction, analysts at Citibank slashed the probability of the deal going through to 5% from 30%.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
a lot of this is basically part of an ongoing battle, and Microsoft is choosing to err on the side of not getting too caught up in it. they could choose to do things differently, and they may be legally alright right now, but with the changing climate, shyt could change and then they would have to change everything along with it. and I'm sure they have plenty of analysts that are looking into all of this

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Everything Microsoft says in the next year is so the Activision deal doesn't get blocked.

Nvidia agreed to buy Arm from SoftBank for about $40 billion in 2020. ... The Federal Trade Commission sued to block Nvidia's acquisition of Arm back in December, citing competition concerns. After the FTC sued to block the transaction, analysts at Citibank slashed the probability of the deal going through to 5% from 30%.
How likely do you think it is that Microsoft continues to push this universal store and congress wanting to crack down on big tech mandates companies at the very least support it? I mean I would say it's at least somewhat probable.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can't monetize in game purchases within a app if you're playing on their platform. I've been saying this the whole time. If you want to play the game on PSN you're gonna pay the psn tax no matter where you bought the item
Yes you can. You can buy vbucks directly from epic. Then you can use them to buy content on psn. In that case PlayStation does not get a cut. Which is why they offer the discount to customers.

Microsoft wants it’s “app” Gamepass/Xcloud to be able to be loaded on any device and the devs monitize their games however they want.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes you can. You can buy vbucks directly from epic. Then you can use them to buy content on psn. In that case PlayStation does not get a cut. Which is why they offer the discount to customers.

Microsoft wants it’s “app” Gamepass/Xcloud to be able to be loaded on any device and the devs monitize their games however they want.
:gucci:

Did you not read my post? Sony has monthly audits to check for shyt like this. You can buy vbucks directly from from epic, use the vbucks on the pc version and if you play it on playstation, psn will get their cut. There's no way around it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Any they will either not support in app purchases ala Netflix on iOS or direct you to buy it from the universal store giving you a discount that undercuts Sony's cut.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How likely do you think it is that Microsoft continues to push this universal store and congress wanting to crack down on big tech mandates companies at the very least support it? I mean I would say it's at least somewhat probable.

You're just a gamer, you don't understand business so I'm done.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:gucci:

Did you not read my post? Sony has monthly audits to check for shyt like this. You can buy vbucks directly from from epic, use the vbucks on the pc version and if you play it on playstation, psn will get their cut. There's no way around it.
That’s about cross play. It’s tied to play time. Depending on where you play the most.

If you redeem the vbucks on PSN and play on psn then the cross play stuff doesn’t come into play.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s about cross play. It’s tied to play time. Depending on where you play the most.

If you redeem the vbucks on PSN and play on psn then the cross play stuff doesn’t come into play.

If you buy vbucks on epic store and you use it in game, it doesn't go into thin air. It goes into their records and they get a cut. Every way you say PSN gets a cut or every company would do the same and avoid the tax.