Microsofts confirms activision/blizzard games will remain on PS and Nintendo after agreements

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are you seriously comparing the Bethesda acquisition to the Activision Blizzard acquisition? AB has been pulling in $8BN in revenue the last couple of years compared to Bethesda's $200M. That means in a little over a years time the AB acquisition alone will pay for the Bethesda one.

My point still stands, they're never going to cripple such a strong revenue stream through the ownership of AB to appease a group of gamers who want to brag about exclusivity. It would be terrible fcking business.
If I may ask where did you find Zenimax, that was a private company at the time, disclosure of their revenue?

Either way I'm talking about Microsoft purchasing an asset and cutting off the majority of its primary audience rather that equating Zenimax to Activision Blizzard.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
If I may ask where did you find Zenimax, that was a private company at the time, disclosure of their revenue?

Either way I'm talking about Microsoft purchasing an asset and cutting off the majority of its primary audience rather that equating Zenimax to Activision Blizzard.

Bethesda Game Studios: Revenue, Competitors, Alternatives

Growjo - About Our Data

Bethesda/Zenimax's revenue can be matched in GP subscriptions for MS, justifying closing off its multiplat IPs after contract terms are up. There aren't enough GP subscriptions or Xbox consoles that can be sold to justify slashing $8BN in half, or more.

These acquisitions were made to make money, so the obvious moves that will allow them to do so will continue to be made.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
call of duty exclusivity is not happening lol

ya'll need to make peace with it, sooner rather than later. They're even making a nintendo version

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

ya'll need to make peace with it, sooner rather than later. They're even making a nintendo version
Xbox is in the service business now

I just seen that even after the acquisition news, ps5 still won hardware sales

What’s even the point of the Xbox, just put the service on everything and get out the console market

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't think you understand the business side. They are saying what they have to say because everyone knows Sony can't compete with this deal so they have to play nice or the deal will have major problems.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Xbox is in the service business now

I just seen that even after the acquisition news, ps5 still won hardware sales

What’s even the point of the Xbox, just put the service on everything and get out the console market

:mjlol: the deal hasn't gone through yet. The day Activision games hit game pass the console war in America/Europe will be even.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you seriously comparing the Bethesda acquisition to the Activision Blizzard acquisition? AB has been pulling in $8BN in revenue the last couple of years compared to Bethesda's $200M. That means in a little over a years time the AB acquisition alone will pay for the Bethesda one.

My point still stands, they're never going to cripple such a strong revenue stream through the ownership of AB to appease a group of gamers who want to brag about exclusivity. It would be terrible fcking business.

You don't understand business breh. Nobody is loyal to the platform. If Lebron James is in Cleveland, people root for Cleveland, if he in Miami they root for Miami, if he on the Lakers they follow him to the Lakers.

If Call Of Duty is on Xbox exclusively, every kid who loves call of duty will get a xbox. Nobody is loyal to the brand.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
You don't understand business breh. Nobody is loyal to the platform. If Lebron James is in Cleveland, people root for Cleveland, if he in Miami they root for Miami, if he on the Lakers they follow him to the Lakers.

If Call Of Duty is on Xbox exclusively, every kid who loves call of duty will get a xbox. Nobody is loyal to the brand.
No, none of this.

Please stop.