Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
They will be around and will be the best way to play the game but will fade out of preference for cheaper alternatives. Not everyone around the world has access to these high end devices and just being able to play the game in 720p 30fps is enough for them.

Fade out of preference? When? 20 years?
No access to high end devices but they'll have the Internet access and infrastructure to support streaming? What device are they gonna stream to?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:These billion dollar corporations aren’t our friends lol. That’s what these stans need to understand. Not saying you can’t be a fan of a product or company. But we are consumers who should be demanding great products for our time/money. Not being ok with mediocre bs these companies be throwing at us. Dudes like Kid Smoove and that hold the line bruh be making excuses. For billion dollar corporations because Phil Spencer followed them on Twitter or some bs.
Hence why my favorite ecosystem is the one that provides the most value.

Daps
I want a healthy competitor to Sony in the high-end home console market, too, but there's not enough money in it for two companies. We can see that.

Sony's "competition" is now PC, insofar as they need to avoid people deciding that buying a gaming PC isn't better value than going with a plug-and-play box for your TV. But this was always going to happen. It costs too much to make AAA games, so consolidation was going to happen in publishing and someone was going to decide that their share of console gaming at the high end wasn't enough to justify the costs of being in the space. Since Microsoft was getting the least of that share, it's not a surprise that they changed direction first.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
They clowns, they should want a healthy xbox and a healthy playstation/nintendo. I know I do, without competition us as consumers get fukked over.
guess you should be crying to those loser ass Cacs who failed to compete over at Ms instead of crying to us about it :camby:.

Tired of you losers and this concern trolling over this loser ass company.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They will be around and will be the best way to play the game but will fade out of preference for cheaper alternatives. Not everyone around the world has access to these high end devices and just being able to play the game in 720p 30fps is enough for them.
Not everyone will have access to high quality internet like that either though. That's more of a bottleneck to be honest.

In fact I'd say someone would much rather buy a high end device a single time rather than pay higher monthly fees for internet and a subscription service for something not as good.

It can make a dent sure for a niche portion, but people who are paying for a PS5 right now for the convenience, games, community and very high quality are still going to be buying consoles.

I mean people were spending $600, in 2006, to buy PS3's. That's $935 today.

If Microsoft drops out and Sony markets their next console as the creme de la creme, it'll do insane numbers.

Last edited:
Daps
I don't want to hear anything about cloud gaming being the future. Maybe in a tiny space like South Korea where it's easy to get affordable, high-quality fiber laid down across their part of the peninsula.

In America? With huge spaces of land that people live in? And with a government that doesn't want to subsidize a damn thing? We still have rural folks using satellite internet in 2024. You can forget that. This is also why there is going to be a bigger delay in majority digital adoption than anyone guessed.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Man spare that competition shyt.

If XBox leadership had brains, they'd be competitive. Blaming Sony for a lack of competition when it's Xbox leadership fault is wack.
None of this has to do with you as a consumer should be WANTING competition not no competition

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of this has to do with you as a consumer should be WANTING competition not no competition
Of course we all want competition, but it’s not Sonys fault the so called “competition” are nothing but morons. What’s Sony supposed t do about it? Or even Sony consumers?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
8evxj3.jpg

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Of course we all want competition, but it’s not Sonys fault the so called “competition” are nothing but morons. What’s Sony supposed t do about it? Or even Sony consumers?
These dudes like “help these Cacs out for competition please :mjcry: . Sony gonna make a million dollar console”

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't want to hear anything about cloud gaming being the future. Maybe in a tiny space like South Korea where it's easy to get affordable, high-quality fiber laid down across their part of the peninsula.

In America? With huge spaces of land that people live in? And with a government that doesn't want to subsidize a damn thing? We still have rural folks using satellite internet in 2024. You can forget that. This is also why there is going to be a bigger delay in majority digital adoption than anyone guessed.
some people might never have decent internet. should that hold technology back?

no one got good internet, but somehow they playing their PS Portal remotely

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Fade out of preference? When? 20 years?
No access to high end devices but they'll have the Internet access and infrastructure to support streaming? What device are they gonna stream to?

Look at sony walkmans, high end sound systems, ect. 20 years ago people bought that but now their an extreme niche.

Phones, Tvs, VR headsets will be the new platforms.

Console systems are going to be 1000$ plus when people realize they dont need the system to play the games they want. and for that 1000$ what are you really getting vs just using the phones, tv, vr hardware.

Not everyone will have access to high quality internet like that either though. That's more of a bottleneck to be honest.

In fact I'd say someone would much rather buy a high end device a single time rather than pay higher monthly fees for internet and a subscription service for something not as good.

It can make a dent sure for a niche portion, but people who are paying for a PS5 right now for the convenience, games, community and very high (but not peak max) quality are still going to be buying consoles.

I mean people were spending $600, in 2006, to buy PS3's. That's $935 today.
The vast majority of people have access to internet and if they dont they have bigger problems then playing video games bruh. Its not even a niche of people you going to make money off of.

This is years out bruh, but its coming and there are much bigger markets for gaming then just Amerika. These companies lose some bum fuk nobody in rural america while taping into a huge market overseas.

These companies are going after the money.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Who said it's sony fault ? at least I didn't . Only an idiot cheers for less competition .

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
You dudes hate Xbox, and don't own a system nor play the games but are 1st to post and talk about it.
:mjlol:took all night to come up with that weak ass response? Stop policing others for something you do regularly on here. Can't be making PS threads everyday and then cry about it like @Responsible Allen Iverson

I bought a XSX before PS5, I did sell it the first year though as there was nothing on it that wasn't on PS5 when it arrived :manny:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
some people might never have decent internet. should that hold technology back?

no one got good internet, but somehow they playing their PS Portal remotely
Of course it’s not going to hold cloud back. There will always be cloud games for those who have the technology. But is it going to be the future where the majority are using it? Big no. At least not for decades