Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
This might be the best thing to happen to gaming since online multiplayer.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
None of this has to do with you as a consumer should be WANTING competition not no competition
there is competition. just not the one you like/prefer.

and it doesn't take away from the fact that the competition you prefer has a player (Xbox) who's leadership caused them to go out of business on their own

Daps
some people might never have decent internet. should that hold technology back?

no one got good internet, but somehow they playing their PS Portal remotely
Of course not, but it will hold the use of that technology back. That's just how it is. There's a reason that Sony leak reported a 60/40 physical/digital split that went up to 80/20 for Uncharted 4.

People still want physical games, and not just because they're beholden to having a disc and case sitting around their house.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Scenario 1: sony and nintendo ARE competitors, the switch 2 will eat into PS5 sales = competition

Scenario 2: sony and nintendo AREN’T competitors, both will go unchecked, only sony will be called out for it

Like, yall gotta make up your minds, either there is no competition across console, portable, and pc or there is. You can’t just fearmonger around playstaataation

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Yeah, it’s apparently leading to MS essentially dropping out of the console business.

:mjlol:
So it didn't u proves my point, I forget some of you have a iq of 5 :mjlol:

Dummy #2 : points out a 1st party bought a 3rd party for 75 billion

Me: but has this led to them killing/ lessening their competition?

Dummy #2 : no it did the opposite rumor says the company is going 3rd party!

Me: oh :krs:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Its always consoles going obsolete, never nothing else. :skip:
TVs, PCs, mobile devices
Consoles dying out but mah computer is here foreva!!!!

Daps
This is years out bruh, but its coming and there are much bigger markets for gaming then just Amerika. These companies lose some bum fuk nobody in rural america while taping into a huge market overseas.
North America is the biggest market by sheer numbers for games. This is a pipe dream.

There is no way Europe + SE Asia is going to make up for that.

Call me in forty years, maybe we'll see a major shift toward cloud gaming being the choice of most consumers by the time PS9 actually does come out.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
there is competition. just not the one you like/prefer.

and it doesn't take away from the fact that the competition you prefer has a player (Xbox) who's leadership caused them to go out of business on their own
You can make an argument that madden has competition by pointing to random mobile games, or 2k has competition by doing the same. Or isp have competition by pointing to dialup. Sony and Nintendo while they're screen space competition aren't direct competition. Nintendo gave up on the high performance market after the gamecube

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You can make an argument that madden has competition by pointing to random mobile games, or 2k has competition by doing the same. Or isp have competition by pointing to dialup. Sony and Nintendo while they're screen space competition aren't direct competition. Nintendo gave up on the high performance market after the gamecube

So why doesn’t Nintendo need competition?