Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
So why doesn’t Nintendo need competition?
I think they'll get more competition going forward. Switch 2 will be successful but others will go into their lane. Similar happened with the wii, Nintendo will have to continue to innovate. Xbox rumored device, sonys , and all the pc devices are going to eat into that audience. Your steam decks rog allys( I own one) etc didn't exist 5 years ago.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Scenario 1: sony and nintendo ARE competitors, the switch 2 will eat into PS5 sales = competition

Scenario 2: sony and nintendo AREN’T competitors, both will go unchecked, only sony will be called out for it

Like, yall gotta make up your minds, either there is no competition across console, portable, and pc or there is. You can’t just fearmonger around playstaataation

Scenario 1

Sony wont even put effort into making AAA games anymore when they realize there are strictly a hardware company at this point. Nintendo hasn't made a console in a decade and with their IPs being arguably the most iconic they effortlessly transition into cloud/IP gaming.

Sony PS will continue to raise prices in attempt to combat diminishing console sales and will eventually fade out. And MS will most likely buy their IPs.

Daps
Nintendo, that different has been the slogan for years.
Let's focus on Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony
I could make a better argument than these Microsoft Games stans.

Wait, let me see:

"Nintendo isn't really in the console market. They're in the hybrid and handheld market. They have natural competitors on the high end (Steam Deck) and the low end (mobile). Unlike Sony, who would be the only true console maker with a traditional plug and play on your TV box if Microsoft left that business."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think they'll get more competition going forward. Switch 2 will be successful but others will go into their lane. Similar happened with the wii, Nintendo will have to continue to innovate. Xbox rumored device, sonys , and all the pc devices are going to eat into that audience. Your steam decks rog allys( I own one) etc didn't exist 5 years ago.

This perfectly encapsulates this whole narrative yall are trying to spin.

“Oh, geee, i think nintendo might get competition, sony might release a non-streaming handheld, asus, dying xbox brand, etc” be honest…you don’t care whether or not nintendo has competition. They can continue to put out budget ass games for full price, never discount them, never discount their hardware, put out as much remasters as they want, an ass online Service, etc.

You just don’t care about Nintendo because you know they don’t threaten the platform you actually love so you leave them alone. Your concern is sony because sony has been kicking ass in the console space for years whether or not Microsoft has actually provided real competition is irrelevant.

Cut the bullshyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony wont even put effort into making AAA games anymore when they realize there are strictly a hardware company at this point

Yep, sony just gave Kojima half a billion dollars because they’re afraid Of microsoft and their 25 million consoles and Avowed

Didn’t you say you stopped plying games in the 360 era?

Hoewhyisyouhere.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I get lost in everyone trying to spin someone else's narrative. does Nintendo count? :jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I get lost in everyone trying to spin someone else's narrative. does Nintendo count? :jbhmm:

Narrative 1: sony and nintendo ARE competitors, the switch 2 will eat into PS5 sales = competition

Narrative 2: sony and nintendo AREN’T competitors, both will go unchecked, only sony will be called out for it

Like, yall gotta make up your minds, either there is no competition across console, portable, and pc or there is. You can’t just fearmonger around playstaataation

The real question is, do we actually care about competition here? Or is this just a new coping mechanism to get sony stans to stop laughing at microsoft?

Daps
The real question is, do we actually care about competition here? Or is this just a new coping mechanism to get sony stans to stop laughing at microsoft?
These dudes claim people on PlayStation put up with bad pricing structure and online architecture because they're dumb stans who just can't see that Xbox offers a better deal, but have ZERO smoke for people on Nintendo devices. :sas2:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
So it didn't u proves my point, I forget some of you have a iq of 5 :mjlol:

Dummy #2 : points out a 1st party bought a 3rd party for 75 billion

Me: but has this led to them killing/ lessening their competition?

Dummy #2 : no it did the opposite rumor says the company is going 3rd party!

Me: oh :krs:
What the fukk are you talking about? :why: I know that this MS news has you tossing and turning at night but damn get some sleep so that you can think better.

MS buying up large publishers results in LESS COMPETITION in the software market. And less console makers…results in LESS COMPETITION in the console market…
So MS is reducing competition on both fronts.

What they should do is compete organically by developing great games and a great console…instead of buying huge publishers and exiting the console market.

Like, what in the fukk are you taking about???

lol, don’t get mad at me because Xbox is trash.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
And like my breh Gizmo said, you know MS’s next move is to have regulators force Sony and Nintendo to open their systems to alternate storefronts.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
These dudes claim people on PlayStation put up with bad pricing structure and online architecture because they're dumb stans who just can't see that Xbox offers a better deal, but have ZERO smoke for people on Nintendo devices. :sas2:
Nintendo gets plenty of smoke for their pricing and generally antiquated ways of doing business

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Nintendo is not competing they have their own lane which they’re making bank in. Especially since handhelds are more popular in Japan, and the Switch gimmick of being a hybrid is successful. They also are a huge brand, with some of the biggest IPs in gaming, and an established fan base. I mean these dudes have a theme park now lol. So I think they could care less about what Sony’s doing.