Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is honestly why people need to stick with reality and facts as well.

If you know the trend is looking bad, you don't double down and try to manipulate/steer it and parrot the ignorance, you get out before it's too late.

Those who saw the shinking ship already rebuilt their brand elsewhere on Nintendo/Sony and aren't worrying about it anymore.
Yeah, xbox content creators should've saw the writing on the wall and start pivoting to cover other stuff. Now, it might be too late for some of these people because the pivot might be too late. I feel for these people because it's tough being a content creator and a lot of these people overnight just lost their whole side hustle and some might've foolishly taken some loans or something to cover expenses

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is honestly why people need to stick with reality and facts as well.

If you know the trend is looking bad, you don't double down and try to manipulate/steer it and parrot the ignorance, you get out before it's too late.

If they've decided to play dumb all this time, they got nobody to blame but themselves.

Those who saw the shinking ship already rebuilt their brand elsewhere on Nintendo/Sony and aren't worrying about it anymore.

Easier to point the finger elsewhere and ignore logic rather than look in the mirror.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
No offence but we’ve head this shyt a million times about how they’re looking towards the future yet here we are. PlayStation is still the dominant console. Maybe in 20yrs time MS will dominate but last I checked they’re the ones about to put their games on PlayStation not the other way round.

Gamepass was also supposed to be the future like @winb83 used to say and was always urging Sony to join before they got left behind. Now we find out it’s not even sustainable and MS might no longer put games on there day one anymore :mjlol:

Yes we get it sony sells more systems. Great. Sony winning an already losing battle for consoles.

You still dont get it. You really think these CEOs are making these decision lightly? If they really wanted to sell xboxs they cut the prices in half and make all there money off game pass easily.

We are stepping into the future of gaming. Selling gaming IPs. Call of duty, mario, zelda, oblivion, Gears, god of war, halo ect. These games wont be stuck to one console playing on a the tv your connect to. Just look at the apps on you tv, why would anyone buy a console anymore.

Yall sony fanboys are the worst.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, xbox content creators should've saw the writing on the wall and start pivoting to cover other stuff. Now, it might be too late for some of these people because the pivot might be too late. I feel for these people because it's tough being a content creator and a lot of these people overnight just lost their whole side hustle and some might've foolishly taken some loans or something to cover expenses

You see that bozo KidSmoove finally using common sense when he ignored it for years. Don't feel sorry for incompetence and stubbornness when reality been in your face the whole time but you willingly chose to ignore it.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yes we get it sony sells more systems. Great. Sony winning an already losing battle for consoles.

You still dont get it. You really think these CEOs are making these decision lightly? If they really wanted to sell xboxs they cut the prices in half and make all there money off game pass easily.

They tried heavily discounting the Series X over the holidays and it didn't matter. :francis:
We are stepping into the future of gaming. Selling gaming IPs. Call of duty, mario, zelda, oblivion, Gears, god of war, halo ect. These games wont be stuck to one console playing on a the tv your connect to. Just look at the apps on you tv, why would anyone buy a console anymore.

Still In The Nile I see. :mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
There's a gamepass tier for console and pc only that includes just the games. They're going to force those users to sub to Ultimate to get day ones. They'll want the customers that are paying $10 to pay $15+ for the service
that would only be a change for PC, because on console you already need Ultimate for day one games, and access to the whole catalog

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Xbox content creators are getting some of the most engagement and access they’ve ever had.

No one needs to feel any type of way.

Canon

Veteran
Daps

:pachaha: that MS pr nonsense over the years got yall spinning

they cut the price in half over the holidays and no one cared. Gamepass is unsustainable. This is why we are here now. time to come back to reality.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah I can't blame people that don't know any better. I 100% feel bad for those people.

It was more directed at those people who were choosing to be ignorant and build a platform on that makes the decision to double down on stupid and spread more lies.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
that would only be a change for PC, because on console you already need Ultimate for day one games, and access to the whole catalog
Nah, there's a console tier that doesn't include online and just games. I think they're going to want those people to move up to ultimate for day ones and same with PC gamepass

ZbnjtQu.png

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You still dont get it. You really think these CEOs are making these decision lightly? If
here’s a tip: Phil Spencer doesn’t have a fukking clue what he’s doing. He’s been in charge of Xbox for ten years and they’re still at the bottom with the Xbox actuallly getting worse not better, despite spending over $100bn on studious.

Every year it was “wait till next year” now it’s “ wait till next week” :heh:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
:pachaha: that MS pr nonsense over the years got yall spinning

they cut the price in half over the holidays and no one cared. Gamepass is unsustainable. This is why we are here now. time to come back to reality.

There really know talkin to sony stans. yall really have nothing to say.

All imma say is sony is the new kodak and about to be left in the dust in a matter of years.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You see that bozo KidSmoove finally using common sense when he ignored it for years. Don't feel sorry for incompetence and stubbornness when reality been in your face the whole time but you willingly chose to ignore it.
Yeah, I don't feel sorry for people like him and Timdog who were ignorant and toxic. However, I feel bad for the others that were trying to be legitimate and cover xbox because there's no way those people are going to survive these changes.

Yeah I can't blame people that don't know any better. I 100% feel bad for those people.

It was more directed at those people who were choosing to be ignorant and build a platform on that makes the decision to double down on stupid and spread more lies.
Yeah, those people that made it their whole persona to be toxic and try and shyt on Playstation and other platforms are looking dumb. It's hard to feel sorry for those people

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Sounds like "insiders" gotten an update and this won't be what people think. Why I don't trust insiders. Grown men console warring/crying in their 40s, shyts a mental illness.

Daps
Microsoft CEO name is Satya Nadella

Forgot who called him Nutella yesterday but we running with that now :pachaha:
Sometimes autocorrect gets it right even when autocorrect gets it wrong. :russ:
You obviously don't get it because Game Pass is a revenue loser.

I don't get these confused Microsoft Games fans. The argument is that Sony is in trouble because games cost too much to produce even when they sell 20M copies of one of their flagship IP lifetime and a quarter of those are sold at full price.

But somehow Game Pass at 15 dollars a month is totally sustainable with day one AAA games that require the same huge budget.

How is Game Pass a huge winner when it adds games like Starfield that took hundreds of millions to make and market for fifteen dollars a month, but Sony is a huge loser selling millions of copies of a game like Spider-Man 2 that cost the same but sold 5M X 70 dollars per copy in its first two weeks?

Make the math make sense.

But I don't think Nutella is making the decision lightly. I think he's tired of selling consoles for a loss, and even at a huge loss this winter, they could barely sell a damn thing. I think he sees ABK making all this profit margin releasing a bunch of bad Call of Duty games everywhere and plans to do the same thing with CoD releases from PS5 to Switch to Apple Watch. And then I think he and Tim Stuart are saying, "If we can do this with Call of Duty and make higher profit margins, why not with everything else we're making?"

I can't wait for Phil to have to tell everyone that not only is CoD not coming to Game Pass day one, but neither are any other AAA Microsoft-published releases unless you pay for the Elite tier at 60 dollars a month.

Last edited: