Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nothing is wrong with us, you just don't know what "news" means if this is how limited your thinking on it is. I suggest joining a journalism class or watching a course online, should help you out.
The sky is blue= News
My sources say the sky might not be blue tomorrow= Rumor

Lebron as opted to sign with the lakers =news
My sources say Lebron will sign with the knicks=Rumors

Microsoft announces planned release of as dusk falls on playstation=News
My sources say Microsoft is gonna port hi fi rush to PS5= rumors.

Again tom warren himself calls them rumors. Why are yall doing this :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Read this article.

Rumors have once again surged to the forefront of the ______newswire: the typically reputable XXXXXX reports that has concrete plans to cease production of its XXXXXX hardware in XXXX, and will move forward with plans to develop for other hardware platforms, specifically, PlayStation and Nintendo's XXXXX at the start of fiscal year XXX.

The story goes on to say that XXXX will continue to market the XXXXX console, but will cut off sales as soon as it gets rid of its existing inventory. The XXXXX newspaper also indicates that XXXX will continue to support the XXXXX via software in XXXX , with some 100 titles expected to hit the console over the course of the year.

Obviously, information like this is cause for some serious concern on the part of XXXXXX owners everywhere, so we got in touch with XXXX to see if there was any truth to the report. Vice President of Communications for XXXXof America, Inc. XXXXXX , denied any truth to the story, stating, "Obviously it's a very slow news day, and people are very bored."

He continued by explaining the source of the story, which has since spread across the 'Net to various game-related publications, as well as respected mainstream news sites like MSNBC, by saying that the whole thing was a complete misunderstanding and is 100% false.

"This is the continued misinterpretation of facts based on an announcement XXXX made last October XXXX . It was a mistranslation then and it's a mistranslation now. It's rumor building upon rumor and I can honestly confirm on this point that XXXX has said nothing about its intention to make PlayStation or any other console games, except for XXXXX. XXXXXXis a core part of our business. Next week you will see new announcements based on the further technology and improvements on the XXXXXX, which we will continue to support." XXXXX went on to explain that the source publication, XXXX news, apparently pieced together the story after hearing little back from XXXXX on the rumor, which has been circulating nearly as long as the XXXXXX hardware itself.

He continued, "The press releases from the business announcement we posted last year doesn't include other consoles, but other electronic devices, i.e. digital cameras, phones, etc. I realize that is a very bold announcement, but this current news story is rumor mongering and speculation. XXXXXXwill make these new announcements next week."

Just exactly what XXXXX exact plans are going forward remains to be seen. Obviously, if XXXXX has plans to support the XXXXX through this calendar year, owning up to outside console development this early in the game could be potentially damaging for the company's current interests. Add to this the fact that commenting on any software deals with current hardware publishers could easily hamper any negotiations with other players who plan to enter the market in the near, and you can see why XXXX is being careful with its words at this point.

The release XXXXX mentioned above commented on XXXX intent to "take other strategic measures such as utilizing its vast software library of more than 1,000 titles to develop content for other consumer entertainment and mobile devices, making full use of XXXX renowned brand and characters to expand its game software business." The original wording of the document was somewhat vague, and an initial translation may indeed have led many to believe Sega was loosely proclaiming its intention to develop for other hardware platforms.

The wording sounds eerily similar.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Weren't you just saying no one said they were canceling xbox? :mjlol:

Or did something change from where y'all started this morning? :russ:
iu

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol:Even you don’t believe this shyt lol. You were 100% smiling while typing this bs.

I’m dead serious. I won’t post it if it’s just rumors or opinions in a tweet.

Even when they tried the “gotcha” in here EVERY tweet i posted was reporting on actual news and numbers with a named source

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I’m dead serious. I won’t post it if it’s just rumors or opinions in a tweet.

Even when they tried the “gotcha” in here EVERY tweet i posted was reporting on actual news and numbers with a named source
frankt.gif

:gladbron:“I’m dead serious for realz”

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
The better question to the Xbots is: If they ain't blowing it up, why let the situation escalate like that? :windwhy:

Thursday? These mfers are unserious. You don't need to take a whole week to go on a podcast and quash baseless rumors.

It's been known they want Mid Pass on all consoles, the biggest obstacle for Microsawft to do it is the Xbox brand. A brand that has been in the dirt for two whole console generations.