Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
nikkas don’t know the difference between rumors and news and i’m supposed to be the stupid one.

What’s wrong with yall? :dahell:
This is not a rumor, this is him reporting according to his sources. If he is wrong, you can go dunk on him but he is reporting this, this is how reporting works. Again, try not to think too hard.

The first two games that are set to appear on rival consoles are Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment, according to sources.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Stop it.

If you don’t know the difference between a tweet reporting sales numbers and a tweet reporting a vague rumor then your are just as willfully dumb as the average coli sony stan :ufdup:
:russ:Come on bruh you play the same games as these Sony stans. The only difference is that you wear a green shirt and is apart of a losing team. You post tweets, articles, and rumors that favors Microsoft while shyting on Sony. You’re not different bruh because if this thread was about Sony taking a L. You would be having a field day.

Daps
You asked me to quote you posting ANY STORY from him, are you legitimately this stupid??? Real question
He's not.

He claims that he's not a lawyer or in law school, but he's absolutely in a field where dissembling and scoring points by using argumentative fallacies to sound legit is rewarded. He's pretty skilled at making bad arguments that sound like they could be legit.

I still think he's in the legal field or in politics, maybe PR. I respect his game, but he can't get away with that shyt here. nikkas will pull up your posts, do a geolocation on you and find out where you live, and post every picture of you that's ever been taken online.

Y'all kinda scare me actually, I'm not really trying to get on anyone's bad side.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:russ:Come on bruh you play the same games as these Sony stans. The only difference is that you wear a green shirt and is apart of a losing team. You post tweets, articles, and rumors that favors Microsoft while shyting on Sony. You’re not different bruh because if this thread was about Sony taking a L. You would be having a field day.

:sas1:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Tom Warren and his sources = random dude on Twitter saying he knows Phil Spencer's housekeeper and got some rumors

Classic reduction to absurdity.
Again, he’s been wrong plenty of times and has even backtracked on things he’s said about this event.

He’s also been called an xbox shill by the same people posting him in this thread.

He’s been clowned all over the place in here and elsewhere. But this time he’s a beacon of journalistic integrity cause i said he he is and always has been full of shyt.

I’m not the one who’s changed my story about Tom Warren or any of these “insiders” i’ve maintained that ALL of them are full of shyt ALL the time. I don’t have to flip flop on that.
Besides the fact that Warren reports on rumors that have been brought up, he also claims this:

Note the word "sources."

But of course, you think Warren publishing a piece of journalism that he has sourced info from people in Microsoft and run past legal is the same as SONY4EVER0002392304 on Twitter making a post about Xbox games coming to PlayStation.

Again, reductio ad absurdum to even compare the two.
You can’t sue for stated rumors.

The qualifier “according to sources” removes any liability from the reporter. It’s the same reason they always write “allegedly” before reporting on a crime even if it’s on video.

I’m not the dumb one here :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
1*70CFrrwlU_Q1BvEEuXHPng.jpeg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again anything i post is actual news with sources and rumors.

I ain’t say it wasn’t stan shyt :manny:

Daps
The qualifier “according to sources” removes any liability from the reporter.:francis:
It does not. :dahell:

What if I report on someone else's potentially defamatory statement? Am I still at risk?

Generally, you are responsible for everything you publish, even when the information comes from a third party. Therefore, you can be found liable for repeating a defamatory statement from a source; even attributing that source will not shield you from a lawsuit.
If Phil Spencer sued Warren and the Verge and claimed that their published source harmed Xbox sales for the quarter, Warren and the Verge would have to go to court for a legit reason.

I take it back. You're not in the legal field.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is not a rumor, this is him reporting according to his sources. If he is wrong, you can go dunk on him but he is reporting this, this is how reporting works. Again, try not to think too hard.
That’s literally a rumor. If facts or evidence or names or official statements aren’t reported it’s a rumor until those things are actually confirmed.

What’s wrong with yall :dahell:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
That’s literally a rumor. If facts or evidence or names or official statements aren’t reported it’s a rumor until those things are actually confirmed.

What’s wrong with yall :dahell:
Nothing is wrong with us, you just don't know what "news" means if this is how limited your thinking on it is. I suggest joining a journalism class or watching a course online, should help you out.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It does not. :dahell:

If Phil Spencer sued Warren and the Verge and claimed that their published source harmed Xbox sales for the quarter, Warren and the Verge would have to go to court for a legit reason.

I take it back. You're not in the legal field.
Great googles but no.

In order to sue a reporter microsoft would have to prove he knew to report was false and that he meant to harm them.

Both things are impossible to prove in the court of law. Meaning effectively the media can’t be sued for something like this. Otherwise all types of media members would be getting sued everyday.

Not even just in gaming how many times has a second hand sourced “rumor” turned out to be false? Hell Steven A Smith should be under the jail at this point if people could sue him for his sources being wrong.

What the hell are yall even arguing at this point ?? :dahell: