Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
So are we still getting that xbox redesign this year? I was gonna buy one. At the end of the day its not day and date. Games been coming to Playstation. Now its just maybe more high profile games. Sometimes you gotta lose the battle to win the war. I'm playing Persona 3 Reload day one thanks to Game Pass, i wasnt paying $70 for that.

Thank you Xbox. :wow:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

This is what happens when your messaging is completely fukked up and nobody knows what the fukk is going on. Why wait next week; why not just clear the air now?
Damage has been done to the brand now regardless of what they say next week.

YOu answered your oqn question. Phil and his cronies are inept at their job and don't know how to control their messaging. The conspiracist theorist in me thinks these leaks are being done by Matt Booty because he was the one who said he wanted to crush Sony. Anyway, whatever their plan is they should be on top of it and control the communication rather than let everybody run wild for a week. However, them being this messy explains the decade tenure of Phll Spencer

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
We all know its a damn lie if he says that. They can make a console, but third party support is going to be as good as dead. We'll mostly see the heavy hitting AAAs like EA sports, take two games, ubisoft, and a few others. However, indies and AA would skip that xbox unless they get a gamepass bag , so whatever he says will be a lie .

Logically, no person will buy a xbox if they can buy their games on Playstation. PC and consoles are a different market, but having games on Playstation and Nintendo means why spend $500+ recurring sub fee for a xbox? Smart people will just buy a Playstation and use that $500 to buy Microsoft games on playstation
what's you prediction for what they'll say next week?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
what's you prediction for what they'll say next week?
I think they'll announce:
- Games will be going multiplatform, but some games will launch first on Xbox (to calm some people)
- Modification to gamepass where not all games are day one unless you have ultimate
- COD won't launch day one on gamepass or they might hold back on it. I really think COD won't be day one or maybe just the MP is day one
- they'll announce their next gen hardware to calm people to let them there is still going to be xbox hardware.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
- Games will be going multiplatform, but some games will launch first on Xbox (to calm some people)
- Modification to gamepass where not all games are day one unless you have ultimate
- COD won't launch day one on gamepass or they might hold back on it. I really think COD won't be day one or maybe just the MP is day one
- they'll announce their next gen hardware to calm people to let them there is still going to be xbox hardware.
:ehh:Sounds believable

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you already need Gamepass Ultimate for day one games. Game Pass Core only comes with a library of around 25 games

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
you already need Gamepass Ultimate for day one games. Game Pass Core only comes with a library of around 25 games
There's a gamepass tier for console and pc only that includes just the games. They're going to force those users to sub to Ultimate to get day ones. They'll want the customers that are paying $10 to pay $15+ for the service

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:mjtf:Because I’ll be cool to see Sweet Tooth in Mario Kart, and Abby in Mario Golf.

:laff:

Nintendo and Sony have this Beyonce/Rihanna type relationship. You stay over there, we'll stay over here and keep it moving.

XBox wanna be Taylor Swift, but they really Ariana Grande at best. :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Honestly. I don't blame guys like him and other content creators because this is their livelihood at stake . There's no way people will check their content if they have to cover all platforms, so some people are going to be losing a lot of money. So, I understand why people like him are panicking here. These dudes should def go out with a bang and say fukk Phil because a lot of these dudes are going to lose a lot of money
This is honestly why people need to stick with reality and facts as well.

If you know the trend is looking bad, you don't double down and try to manipulate/steer it and parrot the ignorance, you get out before it's too late.

If they've decided to play dumb all this time, they got nobody to blame but themselves.

Those who were honest saw the sinking ship, rebuilt their brand elsewhere on Nintendo/Sony and now don't have those problems.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Honestly. I don't blame guys like him and other content creators because this is their livelihood at stake . There's no way people will check their content if they have to cover all platforms, so some people are going to be losing a lot of money. So, I understand why people like him are panicking here. These dudes should def go out with a bang and say fukk Phil because a lot of these dudes are going to lose a lot of money

UPS is hiring