Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so what's everyone's prediction of what will be said next week?

I think they'll announce Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves are going multiplat, and then double down on "case by case basis" for future games. I'm also thinking they'll say something about Acti/Blizz back catalog on Gamepass
I don't see Wi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves being worthy enough of a scheduled announcement a week in advance. There has to be something more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what's your prediction?
I wanna say what you predicted with something else but I honestly can't put my finger on what it would be. I just feel like the Activision stuff is things that would be mentioned in some article in passing and not really big announcement worthy news. I'm just going to wait and see.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I wanna say what you predicted with something else but I honestly can't put my finger on what it would be. I just feel like the Activision stuff is things that would be mentioned in some article in passing and not really big announcement worthy news. I'm just going to wait and see.
there has to be a lot of reassurance that "Xbox is here to stay", and something that resembles positive news

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A lot can happen in a week in gaming. MS is ran by morons. Xbox is dead, they're not even denying anything or doing anything to do lull the masses. Xbox is dead and honestly MS deserves it. Long live Sony. Say what you want, but they would never treat their fans like this with a current system.

:myman:

Should not have taken this to get people to smarten up because it's been in your face for years at this point (Xbox leadership incompetence).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:myman:

Should not have taken this to get people to smarten up because it's been in your face for years at this point (Xbox leadership incompetence).

Just gotta read the tea leaves. Microsoft is not a proven gaming company and they certainly don’t excel in hardware so putting all your chips on the idea that microsoft is going to fully commit to being a console gaming platform first and foremost is already backwards logic.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GDRV-61XYAAt5uy.jpg:large

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
where you at @Pressure

you know anything? don't worry, it will stay here in The Coli :lolbron:
:hubie:

I think we will see them trying to thread the needle and find a way to bring more players into good Xbox games with the hope that this will transfer to people seeing the value of gamepass — obvious answer out some of those games on other platforms.

Similarly, they want to enjoy the extra revenue from full priced sales.

Press release gonna be just enough to keep console war fukkery going.

Aside:
If the games sell well on PlayStation you should expect more game to become available there.

Microsoft really wants to partner with Nintendo and has been clear about for a while. If PlayStation weren’t mentioned no one could care.

Internally I think a lot of newly acquired studios and Devs are want to see big sales numbers as an assurance that they make good games in the public forum and it also gives them much clearer targets and higher splits on bonuses.

Just my speculation though :hubie:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Side note:

Most of these concerns are very similar to those expressed when Microsoft went open source and when they supported more and more enterprise and device applications on MacOS and iOS.

And ultimately no one bats and eye despite office suite being a consistent top app for Apple users.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Lastly, only thing interesting is timing. Phil has been saying for a while that games will be decided on a case by case basis and most people took that as just trying to get the merger through.

The fight with the FTC is still ongoing…

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
XBox will live out this gen and that's that. You think they working on the NEXT Xbox? No they won't kill it, but what you got is what you got. After this, get a PC or a PS5. It makes no sense to lose money on console sales, buy studios, and lose money cause you're cutting off two sources of revenue who happen to be kicking your ass in console sales. You have the PC market cornered, keep that going with servers and let the dinosaurs have consoles and get back to what you know.. Computers

Aint gonna be any case by case, no matter what he says. These are not the moves of a company about to put forth effort into another console. We are watching the end of an era. Went from 6-8-10 consoles out at a time, down to 2. And they don't even compete. The dust has settled on the gaming industry and it's looking like Sony got consoles, Nintendo got handhelds and MS got PC.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
At this point all I want is a bigger selection of Xbox play anywhere games for PC. I don’t think that’s too much to ask
Wait times need to decrease as well. I don’t wanna have to wait 15-20 mins to try a game I don’t like.