Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Years ago i said both sony and microsoft would be exploring expanding their games off their own consoles.

I was called crazy.

Since then sony bought bungee and vowed their games would still be multiplat. Just this week they released their first day and date PC game and their CEO came out expressing how their goal is to have their games on all screens just like phil spencer said.

Microsoft purchased Activision with the goal to put their games on everything and they are exploring ports of their XGS games.

I beat the cac tweets and even the microsoft/sony CEOs by like 6 years.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again. I’m the only “insider” the coli needs, but yall just wanna argue with me till a cac tweets what i been telling you:wow:
Sounds like Copium :mjlol:

8a360309-75c2-462c-88a3-88d559ed5345-SUICIDEPREVENTIONHOTLINE.jpg

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Haven't bought a console in years and this is exactly what I'ma do.
Microsoft lost. It was a good 20+ year run
Yeah, it's insane to pivot like this and still make consoles because no sane person can trust their digital library will carry over. I've owned all consoles, but did most of my purchases on xbox, but there's no way I am dropping another cent because essentially i've just lost over 600 games i've purchased on xbox due to being in Ecoystem.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft is not leaving the console market :mjlol:

What's going to happen is you Playstation boys are gonna step into Halo and be my practice noobs.
They'll be forced to exit due to console sales cratering due to being multiplatform. No sane person is going to buy an xbox console if their games are also on a playstation console. Making that move will also lead to Xbox losing AA and indie support because why make games for that low install base if they're not getting a gamepass bag

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They'll be forced to exit due to console sales cratering due to being multiplatform. No sane person is going to buy an xbox console if their games are also on a playstation console. Making that move will also lead to Xbox losing AA and indie support because why make games for that low install base if they're not getting a gamepass bag

This.

They obviously aren’t gonna throw consoles in the bushes this week. It will be a slow crawl to becoming even more obsolete in the console space the more reasons they give for you not to own one. Their hardware sales are already in the gutter, you think whatever they announce this week will course correct that or simply accept that it’s never going to be a major platform?

People are shrugging their shoulders at Hi Fi Rush, but not too long ago everyone was acting as if Microsoft only truly thrived in the AA space, now they are acting liek their AA games are no big deal to put on other consoles lol

I’ll also say Indiana jones, avowed, and Hellblade are not going to sell Xbox’s in any mass quantity. Those games are 8’s at best. No one is running out the house to buy an xbox for those games

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Phil's problem was his solution to their dilemma was everything but what they truly needed--releasing original new games and ip's on a consistent basis. That's all he needed to do. Somehow he made their situation 10 times worse.

remember what he said. his competition isnt sony... It's amazon and netflix. :troll::mjlol: