Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
- Gaming PCs cost over $1000
- most console gamers prefer the ease of consoles over PC
- built up ecosystem on playstation

I am a firm believer that PC market doesn't impact console market that much because most console gamers prefer consoles due to ease of use and affordable price for high-end gaming
If PC is so separate, then why doesn’t sony release their games day one? :usure:

Eventually all the narratives collapse upon themselves

In reality not very many people are making hardware choices off of “exclsuive” games.

For the Microsoft Activision case they did multiple expert analysis and even the FTC expert testified that microsoft making COD exclusive would not cause enough people to buy an xbox to mean anything substantial.

That’s playstation biggest and most popular game going exclsuive would change nothing. Surely Hi-fi rush and SOT ain’t moving anything.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They are just gonna Sonytoo™ until they are blue in the face (heh)

They will just ignore all the relevant discussion about branding. Sony has made consumer facing products since the 70’s, they know how to sell electronics/tech, it’s not just gaming. They’re a multimedia company that makes the majority of their money selling direct to consumer products, whether its games, music, tv, etc.

There’s no comparison to Microsoft just because they both currently make gaming consoles. There’s a reason Nadella keeps shouting “AI AI AI AI” they ain’t in the hardware business for the long haul
Y’all the ones ignoring branding so you can stan “exclusives”

Nobody making hardware choices off a few games. Most people who buy a playstation don’t play the exclusives

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Y’all the ones ignoring branding so you can stan “exclusives”

Nobody making hardware choices off a few games. Most people who buy a playstation don’t play the exclusives

You can tell yourself whatever you want. The Sony style “movie games” that yall love to point out so much is part of the branding of the console.

The problem with xbox is it has nothing to really hang its hat on. Now that the little AA/GAAS are going to be ported, even less so

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If PC is so separate, then why doesn’t sony release their games day one? :usure:

Eventually all the narratives collapse upon themselves

In reality not very many people are making hardware choices off of “exclsuive” games.

For the Microsoft Activision case they did multiple expert analysis and even the FTC expert testified that microsoft making COD exclusive would not cause enough people to buy an xbox to mean anything substantial.

That’s playstation biggest and most popular game going exclsuive would change nothing. Surely Hi-fi rush and SOT ain’t moving anything.
I think there is a multitude of reasons on why the do stagger releases on PC. I feel they do this because they make their devs prioritize building on console first and don't want to delay releases due to PC ports. There's a reason why PC ports are usually done by other Playstation studios. They also want to create the perception that their gamers are first class by releasing games to console first. Also, this strategy does move consoles of course. However, I don't think a large amount of gamers would leave Playstation if they have same day releases as PC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
here comes dodo. :skip:
This you???
Xbox exclusives will be on Windows anyway :francis:

And 2 all Xbox exclusives are on pc

if I wanted the real best version I'd get a gaming PC :umad: And I'd get Xbox "exclusives" as well:mjlol:

and that's perfectly fine since you don't even need an xbox to play their shyt :mjlol:

And with gamepass PC getter xbox exclusives day 1..., do you even need an Xbox?? :mjgrin:
Sony fukkin stan’s :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think there is a multitude of reasons on why the do stagger releases on PC. I feel they do this because they make their devs prioritize building on console first and don't want to delay releases due to PC ports. There's a reason why PC ports are usually done by other Playstation studios. They also want to create the perception that their gamers are first class by releasing games to console first. Also, this strategy does move consoles of course. However, I don't think a large amount of gamers would leave Playstation if they have same day releases as PC
None of this would matter if PC was totally not a competitor.

A large percentage of people aren’t leaving or not choosing an xbox over a 6 year old multiplayer game going to playstation, but alas here we are :francis:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
None of this would matter if PC was totally not a competitor.

A large percentage of people aren’t leaving or not choosing an xbox over a 6 year old multiplayer game going to playstation, but alas here we are :francis:
I think the whole rumor is that more than those 2 games are going to Playstation. I think if there are more games, then you'll see an exodus because it makes the xbox lose its value

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They'll be forced to exit due to console sales cratering due to being multiplatform. No sane person is going to buy an xbox console if their games are also on a playstation console. Making that move will also lead to Xbox losing AA and indie support because why make games for that low install base if they're not getting a gamepass bag
Would no sane person but Microsoft consoles if their games are also on PC? What if they were on PC day and date?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Would no sane person but Microsoft consoles if their games are also on PC? What if they were on PC day and date?
there's a price barrier with PC. Most console gamers aren't going to drop $1000+ to build a PC. Sure, some left xbox due to day and date, but I don't think there was a large amount of gamers that left. Logically, wouldn't most people build a PC due to most Playstation games ending up on PC? The beauty of consoles is that they provide a cheap entry to play high-end gaming. You're not able to build a PC that cost $500 to match PS5/XSX

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think the whole rumor is that more than those 2 games are going to Playstation. I think if there are more games, then you'll see an exodus because it makes the xbox lose its value
First off the rumors have been walked way back at this point,

Xbox has always brung “some” games to other platforms and that will continue going forward.

Second. Experts who have access to years of numbers, surveys and habits we don’t have, concluded that people don't/wont change/chose platforms over exclusive games.

In the forum discourse bubble “exclusives” have been way overblown, most people just wanna play fortnight/cod with their friends.

We even seen that here when people posted their year in review games played. Majority of people played games that are on all platforms for the majority of their playtime. Even some of the most outspoken sony stans on here barely had any exclusives on their list. :manny:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One console "exclusive."

Two console "exclusives."

Three console "exclusives."

6rings.gif

:picard:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Xbox has always brung “some” games to other platforms

I personally thought Fable 2 & Forza ran better on the Xbox than they did on the Playstation. Oddly enough, the Nintendo version of Halo was optimized extremely well.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron:Y’all bruhs going at it what’s the score and who’s winning?
PlayStation:0-0
Xbox:0-0