Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GFjPokBXgAESFoU.png
SC4hn.gif

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
We've been here before. Phil is going to say that Xbox is committed to it's gamers. It is committed to making new consoles and making the best games for Xbox. Then he will talk about making Xbox games playable on all screens, so gamers can play Xbox games on the platform of their choice. Code for: We are going to be a 3rd party distributor of games, and have a console for the suckers stuck on Xbox.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We've been here before. Phil is going to say that Xbox is committed to it's gamers. It is committed to making new consoles and making the best games for Xbox. Then he will talk about making Xbox games playable on all screens, so gamers can play Xbox games on the platform of their choice. Code for: We are going to be a 3rd party distributor of games, and have a console for the suckers stuck on Xbox.

Phil is finally going to tell the truth: He’s going to bring more games to more people :ehh:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
A lot can happen in a week in gaming. MS is ran by morons. Xbox is dead, they're not even denying anything or doing anything to do lull the masses. Xbox is dead and honestly MS deserves it. Long live Sony. Say what you want, but they would never treat their fans like this with a current system.
Xbox Series launched with zero fukking games. These nikkas didn't say a peep
It was all about backwards compatibility and framerates
These nikkas are lost

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Good discussion here honestly covering a lot of ground.

Like many point out, people who think Cloud gaming is the future are crazy. If that's what they're going to present :snoop:

Cloud gaming is also the Capitalism end game. You own nothing and give full control to greedy corporations like EA, Activision, and Take two. People are fukkn retarded.

If it comes to that, gamers deserve all that ass rape

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Cloud gaming is also the Capitalism end game. You own nothing and give full control to greedy corporations like EA, Activision, and Take two. People are fukkn retarded.

If it comes to that, gamers deserve all that ass rape
shyt would be a disaster with latency all over the place and fewer people able to game.

Even playing single player games without choppiness everywhere :mjlol::heh:

Like if you want to play an AAA title but it needs world class internet, then you're pretty much screwed if you're out in some locations.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
If this is true, it's honestly a shame. I'm gonna miss the console war banter, and while it is ultimately meaningless, things like console exclusivity and 1st party vs 3rd party stuff made the purchase more exciting. Seeing that go away is unfortunate.

We got used to Sega being 3rd party so that'll probably happen with MS as well, but like Sega, I can't help but feel like this was brought on by poor decision making when marketing their hardware.

Sony will eventually lean into this same approach even though it's a few years out.

Nintendo really the last of the Mohicans

If it comes to it, I'll just build a dumb expensive PC.:manny::yeshrug: Plenty of games and mods.

Gamers also had a hand in killing the console market

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so what's everyone's prediction of what will be said next week?

I think they'll announce Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves are going multiplat, and then double down on "case by case basis" for future games. I'm also thinking they'll say something about Acti/Blizz back catalog on Gamepass