Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If graphics aren't your thing you still better off with a $400 PS5 simply because you get the best bang for your buck. It only makes sense

What $400 gets you 4k games?
Yeah no doubt, PS5 graphics are top notch and really not too far off from a high performance PC.

Definitely not worth the extra price tag and hassle (that will just be labeled "old" in a few months) to the mass majority of the people.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Spend $1000 and only barely be more powerful than a $400 console?

If you build a PC, it's really only worth if it's 3 times more powerful than a PS5.
You didn't watch the video. The benchmarks start at the 9:00 mark The benchmarks are awesome and a PS5 doesn't come close. That PC runs Cyberpunk 2077 at 1440p @133fps on High settings, dlss balanced, where as on the PS5 it runs 30fps with with fsr enabled. It's close to 3X better performance.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Breh, SEGA has ALWAYS been the wildcard. The fact that the current CEO is someone who was part of the "Dreamcast" era of SEGA and is the one who originally pushed for this revival stuff should tell you that breh is taking no prisoners.

SEGA dropping a console after the remakes are established/released as a big dikk power move to Xbox going 3rd party is exactly something old SEGA would do. :sas2:

sega-ad-4.jpg

It’d be dope to see but there’s a whole generation of gamers who have never of Sega making consoles. At this point the market is too mature to let in another player.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You didn't watch the video. The benchmarks start at the 9:00 mark The benchmarks are awesome and a PS5 doesn't come close. That PC runs Cyberpunk 2077 at 1440p @133fps on High settings, dlss balanced, where as on the PS5 it runs 30fps with with fsr enabled. It's close to 3X better performance.

I said 4k. Not 1440p.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I can't believe the PC cost vs console value argument is still going on. That has been a fact since PS3 at LATEST. PCs cost more to do the same that a console can. Period. Hard stop. But @Ezekiel 25:17 's point is 100% valid...why WOULD you spend that more for a gaming PC if it just performs like a console? if you're doing it, like everyone else, you'd build a PC that will last high end graphics for some time...which costs a grip.

If people are ballin who cares. Good for them/us. But the cost / benefit analysis favors console gaming for most gamers.

previously certain gaming genres would lead people to a specific choice (sports to console, FPS to PCs) but those days are done too. Its just a cost (and price sensitivity) & expertise decision.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'd say numerically, sure.

But is the game really x3 better than the PS5 counterpart?

It's kind of like past a certain point the numbers don't scale 1:1 like that to people with normal senses.

Realistically, someone can finish and really enjoy Cyberpunk on a PS5 be done with the game and move on feeling like they haven't missed out on x3 the performance. It's like when a Physicist does Math: at some point the calculations are "good enough".

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I said 4k. Not 1440p.
I don't think you understand how console gaming works. When you play Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS5 and set the consoles output to 4k, the game isn't being rendered at 4k. The game is being upscaled from a variable resolution. It's called "Dynamic Scaling". In the video below (Go to the 3:20 mark) and Digital Foundry will show you what resolution the game is rendering at, and they only show you the highest resolution (1440p), in many parts of the game it's lower. The idea that you are playing Horizon Forbidden West in Native 4k is a myth.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
They should have announce the date by now.
I bet it's going to be the last day of the week.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I'd say numerically, sure.

But is the game really x3 better than the PS5 counterpart?

It's kind of like past a certain point the numbers don't scale 1:1 like that to people with normal senses.

Realistically, someone can finish and really enjoy Cyberpunk on a PS5 be done with the game and move on feeling like they haven't missed out on x3 the performance. It's like when a Physicist does Math: at some point the calculations are "good enough".
You are making the argument of a Switch owner. "I don't need all those fancy graphics, If GameCube graphics were good enough for Moses and Jesus, then a Switch is more than good enough for me" 😂. I was only debunking the idea that it cost $1200 to build a PC as powerful as a PS5. PC parts increase in performance and decrease in price every 6 months. So while a PS5 had an incredible price /performance value in late 2020 during the huge crypto-mining craze, it's not so today. I own a PC on par with the one in the video, but I primarily game on my ROG Ally, which is less powerful than a PS5/XSX. So sure you can play on lesser hardware, like me, but I'm not blind to the vast performance differcne between my gaming rig and a PS5. When you start playing every title at or above 60fps, you'll start to understand.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You are making the argument of a Switch owner. "I don't need all those fancy graphics, If GameCube graphics were good enough for Moses and Jesus, then a Switch is more than good enough for me" 😂. I was only debunking the idea that it cost $1200 to build a PC as powerful as a PS5. PC parts increase in performance and decrease in price every 6 months. So while a PS5 had an incredible price /performance value in late 2020 during the huge crypto-mining craze, it's not so today. I own a PC on par with the one in the video, but I primarily game on my ROG Ally, which is less powerful than a PS5/XSX. So sure you can play on lesser hardware, like me, but I'm not blind to the vast performance differcne between my gaming rig and a PS5. When you start playing every title at or above 60fps, you'll start to understand.
Here's the thing.. And I agree with what you said as well....

A console is just a gaming computer without the extra shyt that doesn't run games... So really, we all just arguing about nothing. The console makers could easily make a $1200 console that rivals PC... Hell, even make parts interchangeable.. PC buyers can also build the same exact console specs...

Really it's about how much you want to spend and where you want to play

Veteran
Daps
I don't think you understand how console gaming works. When you play Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS5 and set the consoles output to 4k, the game isn't being rendered at 4k. The game is being upscaled from a variable resolution. It's called "Dynamic Scaling". In the video below (Go to the 3:20 mark) and Digital Foundry will show you what resolution the game is rendering at, and they only show you the highest resolution (1440p), in many parts of the game it's lower. The idea that you are playing Horizon Forbidden West in Native 4k is a myth.

Can our eyes tell the difference between PC 1440 and Console 4K?

If im going PC, im going 4k regardless, nothing less.

Veteran
Daps

To run Cyberpunk 2077 on Ultra you need a 3080. That's by itself us $400+

The other argument is that if your PC isn't that much better than a $400 console you really wasting your time. Just buy the $400 PS5.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
To run Cyberpunk 2077 on Ultra you need a 3080. That's by itself us $400+

The other argument is that if your PC isn't that much better than a $400 console you really wasting your time. Just buy the $400 PS5.
Ain't a place alive that you'd find a 3080 for $400 unless it's new.. And the last thing I'd buy used is a graphics card