Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
To get PS5 specs, you need a $1200 PC. You want to play all the newest games, that's the minimum cost

How many gamers can afford or want to buy a $1200 PC?:jbhmm:
This is who keep telling the PC people. They act like PC gaming is so easy peasy. To get those really impressive specs you will have to spend over $1000. If you’re building a budget $800 PC then you might as well just get a console. PC gaming is not for the casuals.

Daps
To get PS5 specs, you need a $1200 PC. You want to play all the newest games, that's the minimum cost

How many gamers can afford or want to buy a $1200 PC?:jbhmm:

Nine in every ten homes in the U.S. has a PC and most of them are sold in the 600 to 800 dollar range. If someone wants to make sure that their base PC can play the newest PS5 games, they can spend an extra 500 dollars on their PC they already own.

Further, we're talking about a market that everyone in here notes is capped. The higher end of that market that will go from PS5 -> PS5 Pro and will thus pay 1200~ dollars over one generation for two consoles to play PS5 games.

Your point is nonsense. The high-end console market is in competition with PCs (and of course, you can run a bunch of games at slightly below PS5 specs, but we won't get into that).

I'm not interested in beefing up my PC I paid 800 dollars for to play PS5 level games on PC for a lot of reasons - I don't want to tinker with settings, I like plug and play, and all that. But that's where the shyt is headed.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This is who keep telling the PC people. They act like PC gaming is so easy peasy. To get those really impressive specs you will have to spend over $1000. If you’re building a budget $800 PC then you might as well just get a console. PC gaming is not for the casuals.

Yup. To run Cyberpunk at 4k you need a 3080, which range from $800 - $1000. If you don't plan on running Cyberpunk at 4k, might as well get the $500 PS5.

Nine in every ten homes in the U.S. has a PC and most of them are sold in the 600 to 800 dollar range. If someone wants to make sure that their base PC can play the newest PS5 games, they can spend an extra 500 dollars on their PC they already own.

Further, we're talking about a market that everyone in here notes is capped. The higher end of that market that will go from PS5 -> PS5 Pro and will thus pay 1200~ dollars over one generation for two consoles to play PS5 games.

Your point is nonsense. The high-end console market is in competition with PCs (and of course, you can run a bunch of games at slightly below PS5 specs, but we won't get into that).

I'm not interested in beefing up my PC I paid 800 dollars for to play PS5 level games on PC for a lot of reasons - I don't want to tinker with settings, I like plug and play, and all that. But that's where the shyt is headed.

An $600 - $800 PC isn't running God of War, Spiderman 2, Cyberpunk 2077, GTA 6 at 2k/4k/60fps. A measly $500 upgrade won't get you there either. PS5 can do all that.

Now let's say you do build a PC, why settle for something that is barely better than the PS5? :pachaha:And you'll have to upgrade 2 years later:russ::hhh:If your PC ain't double the power of a PS5, you're wasting your time.

If I'm building a PC it's gone be $3500 - $5000

Daps
Yup. To run Cyberpunk at 4k you need a 3080, which range from $800 - $1000. If you don't plan on running Cyberpunk at 4k, might as well get the $500 PS5.

An $600 - $800 PC isn't running God of War, Spiderman 2, Cyberpunk 2077, GTA 6 at 2k/4k/60fps. A measly $500 upgrade won't get you there either. PS5 can do all that.

Now let's say you do build a PC, why settle for something that is barely better than the PS5? :pachaha:And you'll have to upgrade 2 years later:russ::hhh:If your PC ain't double the power of a PS5, you're wasting your time.

If I'm building a PC it's gone be $3500 - $5000
So first, you say a PC that runs PS5 specs is 1200 dollars. Now that the math doesn't work out in your favor, you're throwing out triple and quadruple that number to make your point.

fukk outta here with this argument, breh, you'll be arguing that a PC that can run PS5 games costs a milly by this afternoon. :pachaha:

Veteran
Daps
So first, you say a PC that runs PS5 specs is 1200 dollars. Now that the math doesn't work out in your favor, you're throwing out triple and quadruple that number to make your point.

fukk outta here with this argument, breh, you'll be arguing that a PC that can run PS5 games costs a milly by this afternoon. :pachaha:

Yes, to build a PC that can run PS5 games, it needs a budget of about $1200. But why would you spend $1200 to get PS5 performance?

If I'm building a PC, I want triple the power of a PS5.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
If literally nothing else, whether these rumours are true or not, real or false, let’s at least take one thing from this regardless of what happens..

Xbox content creators/scoopers are the most embarrassing and bytch made fukkboys ever in gaming media, the behaviour and meltdowns I have seen on twitter the last 3 days is some of the most pathetic and cringey behaviour from GROWN MEN I have ever seen
That's it. They're only angry because the money they earn, by posting bullshyt narratives, is going to stop.

Daps
Yes, to build a PC that can run PS5 games, it needs a budget of about $1200. But why would you spend $1200 to get PS5 performance?

If you're going to build a PC it only makes sense to go for double the power of a PS5, minimum. Otherwise what's the point?
Breh, you have to take this stupid ass argument elsewhere

People switch to PC every day for access to all games released on PC from every dev that are walled off on console, the ability to play games with mods, the ability to run emulators and play games off Nintendo hardware and on their PC, because of how cheap games get on competing PC storefronts compared to console, and all that.

You came in here talking about 1200 dollars and when the math didn't math for your point anymore, you made up some new math. :mjlol:

Veteran
Daps

People switch to PC every day for access to all games released on PC from every dev that are walled off on console, the ability to play games with mods, the ability to run emulators and play games off Nintendo hardware and on their PC, because of how cheap games get on competing PC storefronts compared to console, and all that.

You came in here talking about 1200 dollars and when the math didn't math for your point anymore, you made up some new math. :mjlol:

Yeah and you playing all that shyt in 1080p.:picard:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

While I get both of your points, simple numbers will tell you more people game on consoles. Just look at multiplayer game splits

It will always be this way as it's the cheaper, easier option. Most people aren't even getting desktops anymore unless it's for gaming or editing. Kids under 13 want a phone, tablet or console.. Even non hardcore, lifetime gamers like myself, aren't going to spend $1000 or even $800 on a computer to game. And I have a editing computer that cost way more. Still rather just pick up the sticks and go. I got other shyt to be doing on my computer

But FACTS are, consoles still winning

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Most PC builds start around $1000 because that's where you get the most value. You can spend $600-800 but your dollar/performance drops. The benefit of building a PC is the used market. Here is a video of a $1000 PC with all new parts except the GPU (RTX 3080), is used. This $1000 PC will probably be more powerful than the PS5 Pro.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Unless you can get ease of access solved and get PC's to a point where users don't have to trouble shoot their environment crashing their games, consoles will be a thing even if they have never looked as great overall as their PC counterparts.

I mean, people still play Madden heavy so graphics ain't really the main priority for many people who game.

If my game ever crashes on my PS5 I'm 99% sure it's either the game itself or the server. That kind of abstraction is why people prefer consoles.

Even the process of buying a console is easy:
I don't have to look at any individual parts, do research, take notes, follow any steps, check for compatibility, get the right tools, watch any videos, etc.

I just need to:
1. Know console release day.
2. Save up __ dollars.
3. Go to the store and buy (at least) a single console and not a bunch of parts needed to play the console on release day.

Last edited:

Veteran
Daps
Most PC builds start around $1000 because that's where you get the most value. You can spend $600-800 but your dollar/performance drops. The benefit of building a PC is the used market. Here is a video of a $1000 PC with all new parts except the GPU (RTX 3080), is used. This $1000 PC will probably be more powerful than the PS5 Pro.

Spend $1000 and only barely be more powerful than a $400 console?

If you build a PC, it's really only worth if it's 3 times more powerful than a PS5.

Veteran
Daps
Unless you can get ease of access solved and get PC's to a point where users don't have to trouble shoot their environment crashing their games, consoles will be a thing even if they have never looked as great overall as their PC counterparts.

I mean, people still play Madden heavy so graphics ain't really the main priority for many people who game.

If my game ever crashes on my PS5 I'm 99% sure it's either the game itself or the server. That kind of abstraction is why people prefer consoles.

Even the process of buying a console is easy:
I don't have to look at any individual parts, do research, take notes, follow any steps, check for compatibility, get the right tools, watch any videos, etc.

I just need to:
1. Know console release day.
2. Save up __ dollars.
3. Go to the store and buy (at least) a single console and not a bunch of parts needed to play the console on release day.

If graphics aren't your thing you still better off with a $400 PS5 simply because you get the best bang for your buck. It only makes sense

What $400 PC gets you 4k games?