Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Microsoft waiting a whole week to clear the air meanwhile the Xbox brand is getting destroyed every second is crazy.

I even had ordinary people at work ansking me about this shyt and they’re not hardcore gamers yet they know.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol:Nintendo is not competing they have their own lane which they’re making bank in. Especially since handhelds are more popular in Japan, and the Switch gimmick of being a hybrid is successful. They also are a huge brand, with some of the biggest IPs in gaming, and an established fan base. I mean these dudes have a theme park now lol. So I think they could care less about what Sony’s doing.

So it seems like there ain’t no competition anywhere. Why does it suddenly matter now?

Valve runs steam/pc, sony run home consoles, nintendo runs portables

Unless yall are calling for competition on each platform, i don’t really care for the fearmongering around home consoles. In fact most of you PC Brehs actively fight against other launchers and storefronts on PC

Hostile

All Star
Daps

Microsoft waiting a whole week to clear the air meanwhile the Xbox brand is getting destroyed every second is crazy.

I even had ordinary people at work ansking me about this shyt and they’re not hardcore gamers yet they know.

They need to be looking at bringing it to PC. What in the hell.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Yep, sony just gave Kojima half a billion dollars because they’re afraid Of microsoft and their 25 million consoles and Avowed

Didn’t you say you stopped plying games in the 360 era?

Hoewhyisyouhere.gif

"I stopped playing seriously" dikkwatcher.gif

The last game i bought was the last max payne.

half a billion lol MS bought Minecraft for 2.5 billi kid.

just a mater of time before they buy Kojima and MGS.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You can make an argument that madden has competition by pointing to random mobile games, or 2k has competition by doing the same. Or isp have competition by pointing to dialup. Sony and Nintendo while they're screen space competition aren't direct competition. Nintendo gave up on the high performance market after the gamecube

not 100% disagreeing, but in the case of Xbox/Playstation, the only reason there is going to be a reduction in competition is due to XBox Brass. This isn't on Sony to blame for Microsoft's bungling. And yes Nintendo is still a console and have mutual games on their system and Playstation. Nintendo does count even though they do it different.

this doom and gloom and it's all Sony's fault is bullshyt. Point the finger in the right direction.

Sony can't come out and drop a 1000 dollar console and 100 dollar games. They aren't idiots. The one time they had a ridiculous price system wasn't on some gouging shyt, it was because of what the bluray player. It wasn't off GP.

Bottom line is if Sony does decide to get out of hand, they'll be in for a rude awakening as consumer's will decide it's worth or not. They saw the results of high priced shyt once and saw how easy it was to lose the marketshare you gained.

Not like we haven't had high priced games before.....(looking at Nintendo SNES game prices). Those shyts are still more expensive than today by far.

It'll be okay.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They clowns, they should want a healthy xbox and a healthy playstation/nintendo. I know I do, without competition us as consumers get fukked over.

This tweets nails it on the head

Unchecked competition isn't a good thing.

I agree, but I think the landscape is different in 2024 than what it was in 2023. Sony wont launch a $800 PS5 becasue there is no direct competition in the high-end console segment. However, you have mobile gaming, PC, and Switch 2 to keep Sony honest from doing that.

I think the issue with lack of competition is if Sony starts cutting cost and stops innovating on first party content. Currently, Sony makes expensive AAA games, but with lack of competition it might be wiser to cut back on that and just bank and what you know which is Naughty Dog, Horizon franchise, and Insomniac Marvel games. Plus, Sony might stop funding third party games to make games for them because there might not be a need to fund stuff like Nioh, Rise of Ronin, Stellar Blade, etc. I think development wise this could affect Sony, but I think they'll stay the course due to indirect competition with PC and Switch 2.

Service wise consumers will be at the mercy of Sony and they can have another price increase on PS+ and games, but I think if there's a price increase on games then other publishers will follow

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re gonna drop a few games for other consoles and keep it pushing. All this outrage is fukkin insane!

Who gives a flying fukk if xbox ports some games, this shyt is beyond ridiculous and to see so many mentally unstable people cry about some rumors is absolutely hilarious.

Grown ass men with their identity tied to a gaming company is utterly disgusting

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They’re gonna drop a few games for other consoles and keep it pushing. All this outrage is fukkin insane!

Who gives a flying fukk if xbox ports some games, this shyt is beyond ridiculous and to see so many mentally unstable people cry about some rumors is absolutely hilarious.

Grown ass men with their identity tied to a gaming company is utterly disgusting

It’s because they officially cannot console war anymore, for a lot of them thats how they made their money. Even bg sites like IGN and PCgamer play into the console warring engagement.

Once your console has no exclusives there’s nothing left to troll the other platform with

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s because they officially cannot console war anymore, for a lot of them thats how they made their money. Even bg sites like IGN and PCgamer play into the console warring engagement.

Once your console has no exclusives there’s nothing left to troll the other platform with
I wonder what those publications are going to do for engagement. They all fed on console war for engagement and even created podcasts and other stuff for console war entertainment. I know IGN was the most shameless about it, but I feel these publications are scrambling what to do for engagement

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wonder what those publications are going to do for engagement. They all fed on console war for engagement and even created podcasts and other stuff for console war entertainment. I know IGN was the most shameless about it, but I feel these publications are scrambling what to do for engagement

Nintendo switch 2 vs PS5 lol, its already starting