Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Thats why they’re holding an entire press event to announce hi fi rush is coming to nintendo and playsttion? :mjlol:

That is coming that was already known. The game was in development for Sony and Nintendo prior to purchase. They are having a conference because of the backlash and the brand confidence.

Rumor has it people will be upset because they thought this was factual but white noise :sas2:

Daps
That is coming that was already known. The game was in development for Sony and Nintendo prior to purchase. They are having a conference because of the backlash and the brand confidence.

Rumor has it people will be upset because they thought this was factual but white noise :sas2:
You made that rumor up breh. You're still at step one.

They had this planned for March. They weren't planning to tell everyone in March that they're still going to release Indiana Jones and Starfield only on Xbox and PC. They moved this up in a rush for a reason.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

:therethere:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Digital Foundry thrive off the comparisons. But i doubt Microsoft stops making hardware regardless of this new strategy so there will still be comparisons
:gucci:

You been the loudest about them exiting the industry or abandoning hardware and going 3rd party.

Now you want to agree with what I've been saying for years after months of debating about it.

This is why I can't take you dudes seriously. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:gucci:

You been the loudest about them exiting the industry or abandoning hardware and going 3rd party.

Now you want to agree with what I've been saying for years after months of debating about it.

This is why I can't take you dudes seriously. :mjlol:

I’m talking bout the immediate future. Xbox selling less consoles is going to fold them eventually

Daps
If you take most of the reported on rumors and try to put them together in a way that makes sense, what we'll get is Phil coming out at that conference, talking about meeting the gamers where they are, saying it's wonderful that soon, everyone will be able play Xbox Microsoft Games releases wherever they choose , and then assuring Xbox owners that they will still be able to access their digital libraries on future Xbox consoles and allude to a Microsoft hybrid or handheld console being in development or whatever.

Makes sense if we believe Satya Nadella that he's sad they gave up on Windows Phone and maybe he wants to keep Xbox brand hardware around in some way, but fits in line with what upper management at Microsoft have been signaling for months about putting their games everywhere, except they're dropping the "must take Game Pass to get our games" requirement.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Now xbots are saying its a rumor, but a day ago it was a good thing they were going to multiplat.

If it is a rumor I bet not see any of you celebrating exclusives in the future.

:mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You made that rumor up breh. You're still at step one.

They had this planned for March. They weren't planning to tell everyone in March that they're still going to release Indiana Jones and Starfield only on Xbox and PC. They moved this up in a rush for a reason.
I wonder who it was that snitched

Probably a fired Activision Blizzard Higher Up

Breh hit the Lil Reese like
tenor.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you take most of the reported on rumors and try to put them together in a way that makes sense, what we'll get is Phil coming out at that conference, talking about meeting the gamers where they are, saying it's wonderful that soon, everyone will be able play Xbox Microsoft Games releases wherever they choose , and then assuring Xbox owners that they will still be able to access their digital libraries on future Xbox consoles and allude to a Microsoft hybrid or handheld console being in development or whatever.

Makes sense if we believe Satya Nadella that he's sad they gave up on Windows Phone and maybe he wants to keep Xbox brand hardware around in some way, but fits in line with what upper management at Microsoft have been signaling for months about putting their games everywhere, except they're dropping the "must take Game Pass to get our games" requirement.

Honestly i will be 100% surprised if theres not some form of scaling back of gamepass also. Either activision, (cod/diablo) ain’t coming to gamepass day 1 or they are doing more tiers with ad’s and day 1 titles for the highest more expensive tier.

Either way, xbox users will come out of this event with less not more, otherwise there would be no press event.

Daps
Honestly i will be 100% surprised if theres not some form of scaling back of gamepass also. Either activision, (cod/diablo) ain’t coming to gamepass day 1 or they are doing more tiers with ad’s and day 1 titles for the highest more expensive tier.

Either way, xbox users will come out of this event with less not more, otherwise there would be no press event.
IIRC, they put all of Bethesda's stuff up on Game Pass immediately after they closed that deal, but they haven't done that with ABK stuff yet.

I've seen people saying that they're going to put fewer things up on GP day one, and I would ignore that except for 1) they haven't put up ABK stuff yet even though they own it and 2) the same argument Microsoft fans in this forum have been making about the spiraling costs of AAA. If Sony is in trouble spending 500 milly on a game and selling it at 70 dollars a copy, Microsoft must be bleeding money spending 500 milly on a game and putting it on GP day one for 15 dollars a subscription.