Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imagine if Digital Foundry starts adding Switch 2 to the comparisons. I know they're neutral, but they def benefited from the engagement

Digital Foundry thrive off the comparisons. But i doubt Microsoft stops making hardware regardless of this new strategy so there will still be comparisons

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s because they officially cannot console war anymore, for a lot of them thats how they made their money. Even bg sites like IGN and PCgamer play into the console warring engagement.

Once your console has no exclusives there’s nothing left to troll the other platform with
I get that but have you seen the meltdowns occurring? That shyt isn’t healthy, people out here really hold the Xbox brand up their with the Bible :scust:

I’m not trying to act like I’m better than anybody but cot damn looking at this situation where a company is gonna ship a few games to other spaces, has some folks ready to commit that

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That shyt isn’t healthy, people out here really hold the Xbox brand up their with the Bible :scust:

Like a lot of tweets have been saying. Microsoft/xbox built a weird ass parasocial relationship with their biggest stans. Even if you look at the FTC email leaks you’ll see phil spencer mention the idea of their fans “evangelizing” them.

Look even here you got threads where people are out right stanning phil spencer or sarah bond, acting like he’s their uncle or she’s their waifu-crush. It’s honestly weird, not even nintendo fans acted this weird with Reggie back in the day. They honestly feel like since Phil Spencer is on their xbox live that they’re friends.

Say what you want about how buttoned up and cold sony and nintendo come across with their fans but that’s probably the best thing they can do watching this.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I get that but have you seen the meltdowns occurring? That shyt isn’t healthy, people out here really hold the Xbox brand up their with the Bible :scust:

I’m not trying to act like I’m better than anybody but cot damn looking at this situation where a company is gonna ship a few games to other spaces, has some folks ready to commit that
eh, ultimately all this drama is getting them engagement. I'm just gonna say I don't think all of them are being sincere

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So when is the actual day and date is this event happening next week? All we know is that it’s next week

Daps
Look even here you got threads where people are out right stanning phil spencer or sarah bond, acting like he’s their uncle or she’s their waifu-crush. It’s honestly weird, not even nintendo fans acted this weird with Reggie back in the day. They honestly feel like since Phil Spencer is on their xbox live that they’re friends.
I think Reggie having a barely veiled contempt for most Nintendo fans helped him avoid that. :russ:

I miss him because Doug Bowser is just boring. I'd rather have Reggie popping up in interviews shyt-talking his own company's superfans.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think Reggie having a barely veiled contempt for most Nintendo fans helped him avoid that. :russ:

I miss him because Doug Bowser is just boring. I'd rather have Reggie popping up in interviews shyt-talking his own company's superfans.

Reggie still shyttin on them mother 3 localization beggars Lol

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like a lot of tweets have been saying. Microsoft/xbox built a weird ass parasocial relationship with their biggest stans. Even if you look at the FTC email leaks you’ll see phil spencer mention the idea of their fans “evangelizing” them.

Say what you want about how buttoned up and cold sony and nintendo come across with their fans but that’s probably the best thing they can do watching this.
There’s no love and friendship in business, some gamers acting like they had a backstage pass for a musician they idolize.

And to see nikkas prop up a corpo cac is straight c00n behavior. A bunch of Stevens’