Microsoft sees Playstation as competition and sees no profit from Xbox consoles sales

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro, that quote was from early 2020(Feb) where Philly says going forward he sees Amazon and Google as competition.

What i'm saying is, it's quite obvious that Sony is still their main competitor. You can have multiple competitors. What I'm pointing out is sometimes you guys trying to dismiss Playstation as a serious competition whenever news of Sony selling X amount of consoles come out. You guys end up sounding sour like "Pfft, Gamepass is the future and Amazon/Google is where it's at."

Like you can walk and chew gum.

Look at stan titan literally jumping through semantic black holes to explain this away, and then say in the other thread he’s not an xbox stan :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro, that quote was from early 2020(Feb) where Philly says going forward he sees Amazon and Google as competition.

What i'm saying is, it's quite obvious that Sony is still their main competitor. You can have multiple competitors. What I'm pointing out is sometimes you guys trying to dismiss Playstation as a serious competition whenever news of Sony selling X amount of consoles come out. You guys end up sounding sour like "Pfft, Gamepass is the future and Amazon/Google is where it's at."

Like you can walk and chew gum.
Nah stop it

Quote is from last year, Sony and nintendo aren't all of a sudden not their competition this year. That's going to take years but long term with were the industry is going he doesn't seem the as competitors.

That's why you quoted me and the thread....

No one dismisses Sony as current competition... Microsoft aren't buying studios for there health. Clearly they are doing it in competition with Sony...

Also Sony breaking records selling PS5s... At a loss.. let I've mentioned before consoles are important for the infrastructure of a eco system.

It'll never truly go away they'll always be some type of hardware for the foreseeable future, but as the future goes on that line is going to blur just like cd's and cd players.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Look at stan titan literally jumping through semantic black holes to explain this away, and then say in the other thread he’s not an xbox stan :mjlol:
Just because you ok with leaving out words to have something fit your narrative doesn't make it right.

It's written in plan english for everyone to read.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Quote is from last year, Sony and nintendo aren't all of a sudden not their competition this year. That's going to take years but long term with were the industry is going he doesn't seem the as competitors.

No one dismisses Sony as current competition... Microsoft aren't buying studios for there health. Clearly they are doing it in competition with Sony...

tenor.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll take Microsoft’s word on it...

I want you to think on this, if both companies are selling hardware at a loss. "Which we know is fact" and selling at the original price NEVER becomes profitable

How does one company who's sells a ton more make a profit from that hardware and another doesn't?

Especially in the case of the newest systems?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I want you to think on this, if both companies are selling hardware at a loss. "Which we know is fact" and selling at the original price NEVER becomes profitable

How does one company who's sells a ton more make a profit from that hardware and another doesn't?

Especially in the case of the newest systems?

Could be a number of reasons we aren’t privvy to, for isntance the RRoD in the 360 era most likely ate all their profits

And then the xbox one just didn’t sell well enough in the latter half of its life at all, plus they wasted money with the Kinect. Microsoft just hasn’t been doing well with the xbox division of their company at all.

At the end of the day all we know is sony themselves said their consoles are profitable soon after launch, and microsoft is saying their consoles are never profitable.

You dont really gotta rack on your brain on this one, the answers are already here. If you want to get into the nitty gritty details subpoena Microsoft’s books and see for yourself why they fukking up

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Could be a number of reasons we aren’t privvy to, for isntance the RRoD in the 360 era most likely ate all their profits

And then the xbox one just didn’t sell well enough in the latter half of its life at all, plus they wasted money with the Kinect
Forever... On all future systems

:stopitslime: