Microsoft sees Playstation as competition and sees no profit from Xbox consoles sales

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Both consoles sold at a loss but PlayStation recoup by selling games. Only console that's a corp is making money off of, I'd the Nintendo switch. Them shyts should be $150

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Well then since you know so much how about you explain then
Hardware is always sold at a loss or very small profit. The whole point is to use the hardware to sell software and services.

It’s an easy concept to understand and nothing new. This is how it’s worked for decades.

Somehow @Gizmo_Duck thinks he’s on to something new and decided to reach for a stan angle, but I’m still not even sure what that angle is.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
What i find even more interesting is Microsoft not only admits that they have never made profit off a console but that they are reliant on 3rd party game sales and mtx to turn an eventual profit. Only now they are paying so much money for 3rd parties to put their games on gamepass so they’re not making money on consoles, gamepass, or 3rd party games. Higher revenue and higher spending. There is no point where they can comfortably stop paying 3rd parties for gamepass deals if they want to keep the service attractive. Not only that but add in AAAA 1st party games day one, and where do you recoup?

It explains why they tried to force more people into gamepass ultimate by locking online and f2p gaming behind services, and tried raising the price of xbox live gold by 100%. I think Microsoft knows they are gonna be in a pickle if they dont greatly increase the amount of subscribers of gamepass soon.

@Fatboi1 @ItWasWritten @Rekkapryde @Diondon @levitate

Microsoft is gonna eventually go the Disney+ and ESPN+ route, high key if Sony gets into this method of business it is also the method they will adopt guaran-damn-tee it.

Charge you a fee for their service, then for the big budget titles charge you a fee at a lesser price. Look what Disney+ did with Mulan. You pay for Disney+ for the lower budget stuff, but you still had to pay a fee for Mulan. ESPN+ does this with boxing and UFC cards, undercard is free you pay for the main card.

I promise you Microsoft is not about to just give you Elder Scrolls 6 Day 1 on Gamepass for a flat $10 a month fee. People call call me a stan or say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I promise this is the business model eventually both Microsoft and Sony will adopt.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft is gonna eventually go the Disney+ and ESPN+ route, high key if Sony gets into this method of business it is also the method they will adopt guaran-damn-tee it.

Charge you a fee for their service, then for the big budget titles charge you a fee at a lesser price. Look what Disney+ did with Mulan. You pay for Disney+ for the lower budget stuff, but you still had to pay a fee for Mulan. ESPN+ does this with boxing and UFC cards, undercard is free you pay for the main card.

I promise you Microsoft is not about to just give you Elder Scrolls 6 Day 1 on Gamepass for a flat $10 a month fee. People call call me a stan or say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I promise this is the business model eventually both Microsoft and Sony will adopt.
There will be tiers, at one point you got 4k video streaming with the lowest tier of Netflix for 8.99

Now it's 18 bucks if you want that

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It explains why they tried to force more people into gamepass ultimate by locking online and f2p gaming behind services, and tried raising the price of xbox live gold by 100%. I think Microsoft knows they are gonna be in a pickle if they dont greatly increase the amount of subscribers of gamepass soon.

@Fatboi1 @ItWasWritten @Rekkapryde @Diondon @levitate

All jokes aside, even XBrehs know that the price of GP is gonna have to go up if they can't get Gold cats to switch to it.

Again, the fact the tried to do this shyt on the low told you enough.

They need to just go ahead and do it. Let cats be mad and move on.