Microsoft raises game prices to 70 dollars

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You guys always wanna argue over your own opinion.

It doesn’t matter who you feel makes better games. Why do you spend time disparaging a business model that could help you in the long run?

There's nothing subjective about this debate. Even MS themselves have admitted in several instances that Sony makes far more and far better games.

Again, I'm curious why you think MS doesn't need to do anything here. But Sony needs to make a better PS+.

Any there's no proof that these business models help consumers in the long run. We actually have evidence of the complete opposite with how prices continuously go up over time, and libraries become more and more fragmented with more competitors entering the market with their own service.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I know you posted this to mock GamePass, but that's the appeal for me.

Never would have paid full price to try, Destiny 2, Octopath Traveler, Tinykin, Vampire Survivors, Breathedge, Subnautica etc. etc. Yes they're old games but I never had time to try them before. I have played them and for the most part they are fun games.

By comparison Sony Premium is full of their first party titles, which Sony Stans have probably already bought and paid for.

And don't get it twisted, I have both services. Playing through God of War 1 as we speak.
Ehh we get "free" games monthly too and I still don't play them depending on what they are
It's like watching a bad movie on Netflix just because it's there

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You guys always wanna argue over your own opinion.

It doesn’t matter who you feel makes better games. Why do you spend time disparaging a business model that could help you in the long run?

Why do you think sony is fighting so hard to stop microsoft from buying activision? They know there is a tipping point where gamepass has enough quality stuff on it to make them HAVE to compete with it.

You guys should be happy someone is challenging sony. :manny:
Consumer tribalism doesn't allow for this. Tribal consumers are more about picking a side and sticking with it than appreciating ideas the benefits from them from opposing brands.

Game Pass itself was indirectly birthed from Sony. PlayStation Plus "free games" lead to Games with Gold which lead to Game Pass. PlayStation Now was before xCloud.

I'm a Sony gamer but I'm also not a fanboy and I want a challenger there to push Sony because when companies dominate a market without opposition consumers suffer (example: see YouTube). Many of these consumer fanboys will just parrot corporate talking points of their favorite brand and wish for the downfall of opposing brands.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I dont buy the games that are on gamepass.

What do games that are not on gamepass have to do with anything :dahell:
The amount of games you purchase outside of Gamepass diminish the value of gamepass...which is what I've been saying regarding me personally not seeing the value in it.
It's you (and other xbots) that keep bringing up the $70 price tag on video games to bolster your perception of gamepass' value.
Ya'll keep saying "game pass pays for itself! gamepass pays for itself!" but you're still buying $70 games ON TOP of the gamepass sub.

(It would be a seperate point to bring up that I'm willing to bet most Xbots spend more time playing the games they paid $70 for than the games they rent on gamepass. Ya'll talking about playing alllllll these games but finishing none of them. That's where our perception of value splits ways. I consider a game to be great when it held my attention enough to play to completion. I'm not bragging about games I put 2 hours in and moved on to the next.)

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Ehh we get "free" games monthly too and I still don't play them depending on what they are
It's like watching a bad movie on Netflix just because it's there
That's not close to what I posted.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The amount of games you purchase outside of Gamepass diminish the value of gamepass...which is what I've been saying regarding me personally not seeing the value in it.
It's you (and other xbots) that keep bringing up the $70 price tag on video games to bolster your perception of gamepass' value.
Ya'll keep saying "game pass pays for itself! gamepass pays for itself!" but you're still buying $70 games ON TOP of the gamepass sub.

(It would be a seperate point to bring up that I'm willing to bet most Xbots spend more time playing the games they paid $70 for than the games they rent on gamepass. Ya'll talking about playing alllllll these games but finishing none of them. That's where our perception of value splits ways. I consider a game to be great when it held my attention enough to play to completion. I'm not bragging about games I put 2 hours in and moved on to the next.)
This is a false dichotomy because it's not an either or choice. You can both have Game Pass and buy games and look at the value of what Game Pass gives you and feel like you got your money's worth as well as feel like the games you bought were worth it.

I'll be the first to say monthly rack rate for Game Pass is not worth the price of admission. But getting 3 years of Xbox Live Gold at Sams's or Costco or Newegg when on sale there and converting it for $1 to 3 years of Game Pass Unlimited is absolutely worth it because it's not hard to get 3 years for $50 per year.

Again internet tribalism tries to turn everything into an either or choice when in reality it usually isn't. You don't have to be an Xbot to sub to Game Pass and get value out of it. Nor do you have to be an Xbox to see the value in subscription services.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There's nothing subjective about this debate. Even MS themselves have admitted in several instances that Sony makes far more and far better games.

You gotta learn the meaning of words “more”=Objective

“Better”= Subjective
Again, I'm curious why you think MS doesn't need to do anything here. But Sony needs to make a better PS+.

Any there's no proof that these business models help consumers in the long run. We actually have evidence of the complete opposite with how prices continuously go up over time, and libraries become more and more fragmented with more competitors entering the market with their own service.
I didn’t say anyone needed to do anything.

There’s plenty of proof that gamepass gives devs and consumers more freedom and options.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You gotta learn the meaning of words “more”=Objective

“Better”= Subjective

I didn’t say anyone needed to do anything.

There’s plenty of proof that gamepass gives devs and consumers more freedom and options.

If MS themselves are saying it and insisting it, then this is no longer subjective. Its a truth.

Of course its still fundamentally subjective if you want to be a complete lying contrarian.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No it doesn’t, you made that up.

Gamepass or any subscription service value is what it does have, not what it doesn’t.

Without the games pass sub you’d pay $70 for every game. With gamepass you only pay full price for some games. It’s not a difficult concept.
More shyt you made up. I think we are stating to see a pattern here :ehh:

In reality I spent much more time playing gamepass stuff than otherwise this year. And next year that looks to be even more so. Only like 1 or two games not on gamepass i’m looking forward to.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If MS themselves are saying it and insisting it, then this is no longer subjective. Its a truth.
Of course its still fundamentally subjective if you want to be a complete lying contrarian.
The quote was “some” games are better. If you are gonna use the quote you gotta use the full context meaning “some” games are not better.

Which in essence means the shyt is subjective :stopitslime: