Microsoft raises game prices to 70 dollars

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This is a false dichotomy because it's not an either or choice. You can both have Game Pass and buy games and look at the value of what Game Pass gives you and feel like you got your money's worth as well as feel like the games you bought were worth it.

I'll be the first to say monthly rack rate for Game Pass is not worth the price of admission. But getting 3 years of Xbox Live Gold at Sams's or Costco or Newegg when on sale there and converting it for $1 to 3 years of Game Pass Unlimited is absolutely worth it because it's not hard to get 3 years for $50 per year.

Again internet tribalism tries to turn everything into an either or choice when in reality it usually isn't. You don't have to be an Xbot to sub to Game Pass and get value out of it. Nor do you have to be an Xbox to see the value in subscription services.
The narrative here (in the arcadium) is:

From Sony Stans: "Xbots are starving. They only have gamepass and no exclusives".
From Xbots: "Sony is starving, they only have 2 exclusives a year and gamepass has hundreds of games keeping us fed".

I'm not saying it's either or (I've said why the value of gamepass isn't there for me), I'm responding to the back and forth on here about how much better xbox is over playstation because of gamepass.

I agree that the retail cost of gamepass is not worth it for me. I currently have it because of the same loop holes a lot of people took advantage of. Once those are closed I'm not re-upping my sub.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No it doesn’t, you made that up.

Gamepass or any subscription service value is what it does have, not what it doesn’t.

Without the games pass sub you’d pay $70 for every game. With gamepass you only pay full price for some games. It’s not a difficult concept.

More shyt you made up. I think we are stating to see a pattern here :ehh:

In reality I spent much more time playing gamepass stuff than otherwise this year. And next year that looks to be even more so. Only like 1 or two games not on gamepass i’m looking forward to.
:mjlol:I had to read this in Dave Chapelle's Rick James voice to get through it.
Come on breh.

You spent more time on gamepass that's cool.

Me, I spent the majority of my time this year on (off the top of my head):
1. COD
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. GOWR
4. Returnal
5. Ghost of Tsushima
6. Cyberpunk
7. Pokemon
8. Bayonetta 3
9. Animal Crossing
10. Ghostwire Tokyo

I dabbled with Halo Infinite and as much as I try to finish that campaign it's just too weak for my tastes.
I've beaten the entire Gears of War series except the last one, which has felt like a chore finishing.
Dabbled with Forza and although it's the best racing game IMO, it's still a racing game, and not my go to genre.
Gamepass just hasn't had enough for me to be excited about and doesn't motivate me to re-up.
If you don't care about any of the games I listed then cool. I can't FORCE you to like greatness the same way you can't FORCE me to like mid.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:I had to read this in Dave Chapelle's Rick James voice to get through it.
Come on breh.

1. COD
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. GOWR
4. Returnal
5. Ghost of Tsushima
6. Cyberpunk
7. Pokemon
8. Bayonetta 3
9. Animal Crossing
10. Ghostwire Tokyo

I dabbled with Halo Infinite and as much as I try to finish that campaign it's just too weak for my tastes.
I've beaten the entire Gears of War series except the last one, which has felt like a chore finishing.
Dabbled with Forza and although it's the best racing game IMO, it's still a racing game, and not my go to genre.
Gamepass just hasn't had enough for me to be excited about and doesn't motivate me to re-up.
If you don't care about any of the games I listed then cool. I can't FORCE you to like greatness the same way you can't FORCE me to like mid.

He's being disingenuous because you're articulating the main reason why a gaming enthusiast wouldn't subscribe to Game Pass (or similar services like the higher tiers of PS+).

If you regularly purchased games, had services like PS+ since it launched on PS3, and / or even collected the monthly Epic and Prime games every month, then the Game Pass library wont have much value to you since you already own most of their catalog - at least from the pool of games you actually want to play. Considering that, you'll turn to what launches on these services day one as the main determining factor of whether yo subscribe or not, and none of those games that launch on these services match up to the quality of the AAA releases you specified in your list.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Come on breh.

1. COD
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. GOWR
4. Returnal
5. Ghost of Tsushima
6. Cyberpunk
7. Pokemon
8. Bayonetta 3
9. Animal Crossing
10. Ghostwire Tokyo

Again, big difference in “I don’t like the games offered” and “subscription services are bad”

You know what opinions are like right…..:shaq:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
He's being disingenuous because you're articulating the main reason why a gaming enthusiast wouldn't subscribe to Game Pass (or similar services like the higher tiers of PS+).

If you regularly purchased games, had services like PS+ since it launched on PS3, and / or even collected the monthly Epic and Prime games every month, then the Game Pass library wont have much value to you since you already own most of their catalog - at least from the pool of games you actually want to play. Considering that, you'll turn to what launches on these services day one as the main determining factor of whether yo subscribe or not, and none of those games that launch on these services match up to the quality of the AAA releases you specified in your list.
That's my main point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got suckered into it again with Star Ocean

Well, this is your first problem. You lack good judgement, you suckered yourself into making a horrible purchase based on a entire demo, preview and review impressions, and word of mouth.

For someone like you, gamepass is super valuable.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Deathloop
Forza Horizon 5
Halo 5
Grounded
Trek to yumi
Ninja turtles
Vampire Survivors
Tunic
Signalis
Moonscars
MLB the show

All games i beat or spent significant time on this year.

None of them old or poor quality games. Some of them will be making an appearance at the game awards.

A plague tale
High on Life
Monster hunter

Games i still have yet to get to over the next couple weeks.

Y’all letting that sony stan shyt cloud your vision. If PS+ had anywhere near this kind of lineup of new games y’all would be slobbering all over it.

Sony spends its money on keeping these types of games off xbox so y’all can have the privilege of paying full price for shyt. Microsoft spends the money for them to be on gamepass, cloud, etc.

One of these situations is without a doubt better for consumers. But for some reason y’all campaign to kill that one and stan the other.

Sony stans :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm down to maybe about 7-10 franchises or so I'm willing to pay $70 for at release and outside of that hell no. I'm not interested in paying a $15-$20 tax on just being able to play a game in less than a month or 2 after release. If you wait that month or 2 after all the people rush out and buy it off hype you get the same product much cheaper. Hell you probably get a better experience than they did because a few patches are likely out and they fixed some of the bugs the early adopters had to put up with.

I got suckered into it again with Star Ocean a month ago for full price and it was like $40 in less than a month. Paid $20 more just to start it about a month earlier. Was not worth that. I try to support these franchises I like but these dirtbag pricing tactics are unacceptable.

If the cost of development is so high and they need to keep raising the price of games why are the damn things so heavily discounted in less than 2-3 months after release? Fairly certain that transaction 2-3 months later at the discounted price is still a profitable transaction for them cause they aren't out here selling new games at a loss.
In reality buying games day one is some dumb impulsive shyt.

Games always get better and cheaper with time. So many games come out it’s not like there’s nothing to play at any given moment.

I bought Elden Ring day one this year on some stan shyt, but it honestly could have waited. I would have had a better experience for cheaper had a waited a minute.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Deathloop
Forza Horizon 5
Halo 5
Grounded
Trek to yumi
Ninja turtles
Vampire Survivors
Tunic
Signalis
Moonscars
MLB the show

All games i beat or spent significant time on this year.

None of them old or poor quality games. Some of them will be making an appearance at the game awards.

A plague tale
High on Life
Monster hunter

Games i still have yet to get to over the next couple weeks.

Y’all letting that sony stan shyt cloud your vision. If PS+ had anywhere near this kind of lineup of new games y’all would be slobbering all over it.

Sony spends its money on keeping these types of games off xbox so y’all can have the privilege of paying full price for shyt. Microsoft spends the money for them to be on gamepass, cloud, etc.

One of these situations is without a doubt better for consumers. But for some reason y’all campaign to kill that one and stan the other.

Sony stans :wow:

Play Trek to Yumi when you could be playing Ghost of Tsushima brehs...

:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You were in the game thread on half of those games playing them. :stopitslime:

Huh, the only games on that list i played was plague tale requiem and ninja turtles, one of them was 20 bucks

and the only one i haven’t played that i would is Tunic and thats a game i can wait to go on sale

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What I look like bragging about "I never beat a game but I played the first level of about 276 games this year!". :russ:
:ohhh:Wait a minute. Breh... tell me...
:jbhmm:Do you make sure you finish all the food on your plate before grabbing seconds?

Edit...
The one that grabs a bunch of crap, takes 3 nibbles, leaves it all on his plate and eventually throws it all away talking bout "I'm full". :mjlol:
The finest dining on earth consists of 8-12 courses of tiny plates. Its about savoring the variety and wetting one's palate.

Maybe foodies are on to something? :jbhmm: