Microsoft raises game prices to 70 dollars

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What gamepass indie touches Sifu?

I don't mind dropping 20-30 to support the company directly if it's a good game.
Lots man. There’s no question.

Unsighted
Deaths Door
Moonscars
Signalis
River city Girls
Plauge Tale
Ori
Cuphead

Off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s lots more. Some of the best indies over the last couple years are on gamepass.

So what you’re saying is the developer or whatever had no say in keeping it off of gamepass?
The developer signed a marketing deal with sony. Which allowed them to position it as a AAA game worthy of costing $70.

When microsoft signs games of similar scope they put them on gamepass. The idea is that the increased engagement and goodwill will be more valuable in the long run than the up front money.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s the truth.

Sony signs marketing deals and turns indies like Callisto into $70 games.

Microsoft signs marketing deals and turns indies like Plague tale into gamepass games.

It’s literally what’s been happening all generation.
Ya'll gotta quit making shyt up. I get it, you're a gamepass fan, but come on now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ya'll gotta quit making shyt up. I get it, you're a gamepass fan, but come on now.

I’m not sure how your link discredits what i said.

Explain???

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m not sure how your link discredits what i said.

Explain???
You're sitting here acting like this game would be on gamepass if it wasn't for Sony. That article which includes quotes from the dev says different.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
%E2%80%9CCatching_Up%E2%80%9D_-_Being_The_Elite_Ep._273_7-57_screenshot.jpg

"...And not only does Gamepass give you access to hundreds of games, the standout games all surpass $70 games like God of War Ragnarok on Playstation. You'll be in love with Gamepass if you give it a try,no need to think. We don't have to Netflix and chill, we can Gamepass and chill."

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

He's conflating the stuff around the Sony COD deal and applying it to every game that doesnt come to Game Pass.

Dude is fried from all the MS propaganda he's been consuming from Destin, Jez Corden, Colt Eastwood, etc.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're sitting here acting like this game would be on gamepass if it wasn't for Sony. That article which includes quotes from the dev says different.
First i didn’t say it “would be” on gamepass if it wasn’t for sony.

The devs had a choice. They chose sony marketing and the prestige to sell their games amongst “sony exclusives”

Second they already signed the deal when they made these comments obviously they would say the deal that they signed was their better option.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
First i didn’t say it “would be” on gamepass if it wasn’t for sony.

The devs had a choice. They chose sony marketing and the prestige to sell their games amongst “sony exclusives”

Second they already signed the deal when they made these comments obviously they would say the deal that they signed was their better option.
You say all of this with no proof to back it up. There's nothing exclusive about the game. It's out on all systems.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He's conflating the stuff around the Sony COD deal and applying it to every game that doesnt come to Game Pass.

Dude is fried from all the MS propaganda he's been consuming from Destin, Jez Corden, Colt Eastwood, etc.
No.

Dozens of indie games of similar scope come out every year.

How many of them get a $70 price tag and prime time commercials??

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You say all of this with no proof to back it up. There's nothing exclusive about the game. It's out on all systems.
The Marketing.

Indie games don’t have commercials during NFL games.

Tell me that’s discernible from any other sony exclusive game. Unless you do some research(which most people don’t)

That’s why they signed the deal. Without it they would be selling their game on steam for $40 like the rest of the indies of its size.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Marketing.

Indie games don’t have commercials during NFL games.

Tell me that’s discernible from any other sony exclusive game. Unless you do some research(which most people don’t)

That’s why they signed the deal. Without it they would be selling their game on steam for $40 like the rest of the indies of its size.

What about Sifu, sony exclusive, backed by Sony, but wasn't 70 at launch.

According to you Sony has the final say, not the developer. So why wasn't that indie game 70?