YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
giphy.gif
More like
tenor.gif

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No. The decision to sign with sony or microsoft would have happened early on. They have to know how they are gonna monetize their game.

They were working with sony from very early on.

“It didn’t make sense” for their game because they had a path to a $70 launch with sony.

They did have marketing for the game. Their marketing deals tend to be a bit less shrewd. Devs are still allowed to acknowledge other platform. Sony deals are notoriously restrictive. Devs are forced to pretend their game doesn’t even exist on other platforms. For example Microsoft basically had to shadow drop their own game, deathloop, cause the sony deal made it so they weren’t even allowed to talk about their own game. Microsoft’s marketing deals don’t quite work like that.
No they don't. I can pull up several games with MS marketing that only mention releasing on the Xbox (look at their deals with EA). MS also had a week exclusive on a press release for Persona V, so get outta here with that "gives devs more room to move" bullshyt. :mjlol:

I thought you were just joking on here, but you really are a true believe. You'll twist anything to make them look good. You're wrong about Plague Tale just like you are about Callisto Protocol.

And Deathloop wasn't their game at the time.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No they don't. I can pull up several games with MS marketing that only mention releasing on the Xbox (look at their deals with EA). MS also had a week exclusive on a press release for Persona V, so get outta here with that "gives devs more room to move" bullshyt. :mjlol:

I thought you were just joking on here, but you really are a true believe. You'll twist anything to make them look good. You're wrong about Plague Tale just like you are about Callisto Protocol.

And Deathloop wasn't their game at the time.
Persona was already out on other platforms.

Any EA game with xbox marketing also has commercials and ads for other platforms. And they don’t do exclusive content or dlc.

Deahtloop was owned by microsoft when it came out on playstation. The xbox version was not even spoken of until the day of release cause that’s what sony’s marketing deal required.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Persona was already out on other platforms.

Any EA game with xbox marketing also has commercials and ads for other platforms. And they don’t do exclusive content or dlc.

Deahtloop was owned by microsoft when it came out on playstation. The xbox version was not even spoken of until the day of release cause that’s what sony’s marketing deal required.
:mjlol:

Just straight lying.

Yesterday, EA made several marketing partnership announcements for the upcoming Battlefield 2042, and in the process confirmed that Xbox Series X/S were going to be the “official consoles” for the first person shooter. But what exactly does that entail? The game obviously isn’t going to be exclusive to Xbox, with PlayStation versions on the way as well, so what does it mean for Xbox to be the game’s official console?

Senior marketing manager at Xbox, Josh Munsee, recently clarified the same on Twitter, and it’s about what you’d expect. Munsee says that this deal is going to mean that marketing, branding, gameplay capture, and more for Battlefield 2042 are all going to be focused exclusively on Xbox Series X/S. It essentially sounds like the deal Call of Duty has in place with PlayStation, though it’s unclear for now whether in this case Xbox is also going to benefit from exclusive content or DLC the way PlayStation does with Call of Duty.

The Deathloop deal was signed *before* MS acquired them. And it was a full TIMED-EXCLUSIVE deal, not just a marketing deal. Stop trying to conflate the two to push your agenda. It's no different from what MS is doing with Stalker 2.

Edit: They also did it with an online mode for Tetris Effect. :mjlol:

Embargo on a press release: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/xbo...they-multiplatform-until-2-days-later.920452/

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Didn’t see your edit. But you were wrong

Why are you like this? You know we're talking about commercials. As in television ads. It's why I posted iSpot tv.

You can find Call of Duty videos on MS' YouTube channel too, but the commercials are only going to focus on the holders console. Same with Battlefield.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1st party games being 70 on a system and platform that allows you to get them for as low as 9.99 a month is a non issue.

Point blank period.

It's not a spin, or goal post shift.

There is no other platform that offers such a thing remotely close.

You only want to play starfield? Cool, pay 9 bucks finish it a month and then cancel gamepass.

You want to own startfield, then it'll cost you 70.

The only people that should have a problem with this are people that still purchase MS 1st party physical games.

Sony stans shouldn't have any problem with paying 70 for games, you have been for almost 2 years now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why are you like this? You know we're talking about commercials. As in television ads. It's why I posted iSpot tv.

You can find Call of Duty videos on MS' YouTube channel too, but the commercials are only going to focus on the holders console. Same with Battlefield.

What i’m saying is Sonys deals are more restrictive. Publishers and platform holders are restricted from advertising period.

It’s why we got stuff like this.