Microsoft raises game prices to 70 dollars

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What about Sifu, sony exclusive, backed by Sony, but wasn't 70 at launch.

According to you Sony has the final say, not the developer. So why wasn't that indie game 70?
I never said, sony has the final say.

I said their deals are to keep games off other platforms. Microsoft’s deals result in more people having access to the games and better terms for consumers.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I said their deals are to keep games off other platforms. Microsoft’s deals result in more people having access to the games and better terms for consumers.

Can’t wait to play high on life this month….oh wait

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

But we're talking about Callisto Protocol which is available on all platforms...

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s the truth.

Sony signs marketing deals and turns indies like Callisto into $70 games.

Microsoft signs marketing deals and turns indies like Plague tale into gamepass games.

It’s literally what’s been happening all generation.
No, it's not true. You're just making shyt up to push some weird narrative.

All of those decisions were made by Krafton/Striking Distance. They didn't *want* to launch on GP like a lot of publishers don't want to launch on GP, because it didn't make sense for them or their game. These decisions are made long before a marketing agreement is decided upon.

MS didn't have a marketing deal for A Plague Tale: Requiem. If you look at its tv spots, you would see they advertise releasing on all consoles. Those deals mandate only mentioning the deal holders console.

Ya'll gotta quit making shyt up. I get it, you're a gamepass fan, but come on now.

Thank you. This dude just makes shyt up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, it's not true. You're just making shyt up to push some weird narrative.

All of those decisions were made by Krafton/Striking Distance. They didn't *want* to launch on GP like a lot of publishers don't want to launch on GP, because it didn't make sense for them or their game. These decisions are made long before a marketing agreement is decided upon.
No. The decision to sign with sony or microsoft would have happened early on. They have to know how they are gonna monetize their game.

They were working with sony from very early on.

“It didn’t make sense” for their game because they had a path to a $70 launch with sony.
MS didn't have a marketing deal for A Plague Tale: Requiem. If you look at its tv spots, you would see they advertise releasing on all consoles. Those deals mandate only mentioning the deal holders console.

Thank you. This dude just makes shyt up.

They did have marketing for the game. Their marketing deals tend to be a bit less shrewd. Devs are still allowed to acknowledge other platform. Sony deals are notoriously restrictive. Devs are forced to pretend their game doesn’t even exist on other platforms. For example Microsoft basically had to shadow drop their own game, deathloop, cause the sony deal made it so they weren’t even allowed to talk about their own game. Microsoft’s marketing deals don’t quite work like that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I can't FORCE you to like greatness the same way you can't FORCE me to like mid.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif