Microsoft is laying off 1900 people across its Xbox, Activision and Zenimax teams

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You almost have more post in this thread alone than all those threads combined.

:mjlol:

In most those thread you have zero and I mean zero negative things to say about Sony or how the people are affected or possibly trouble and hardships PlayStation might be trying to smooth out.

In this thread you've posted over 25 doom and gloom reasons why Xbox is bad

why are we not reporting on another round of layoffs at Microsoft?

:sas2:

Your typical response handful of posts in the threads you just listed are deflection to "what about MS"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When an 8% reduction in devs equate to 3rd of SIE then yeah…

If you don’t see the correlation between the gargantuan size of microsoft and how even little cuts like these end up with far more damaging job losses then I really don’t know what else to say to you.

You and meach are talking about “well 6000 people were laid off this year and no one cared” while failing to acknowledge a 3rd of those layoffs were just from microsoft.
You don’t care about the people or their jobs, just finding a way to say bad things about microsoft,

Damn weirdo :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
100%

they are victims of corporate greed.

the fact that people were championing this acquisition shyt on some "good guys" won is what's pathetic. MS is who they've always been since their inception. Naghandi don't give 2 shyts, and Phil never has either. Glad this charlatan Phil is being exposed. Should have been over after his emails, but cats still caped. Naghandi never false flagged.

Bottom line Corps are not anyone's friends. And that goes for ALL OF THEM.
Goofball made money of yesterdays news but wanna come here and pretend he don’t like capitalism for sony stan daps.

Crazy :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don’t care about the people or their jobs, just finding a way to say bad things about microsoft,

Damn weirdo :mjlol:

A-pot-calling-the-kettle-black-n.png

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Goofball made money of yesterdays news but wanna come here and pretend he don’t like capitalism for sony stan daps.

Crazy :wow:

I said years ago I invested in MS for everything outside of XBox.

That still stands. :unimpressed:

And yall still making excuses for Phil and his lies I see. Beyond pathetic.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And seemingly most of the cuts were for redundant administrative stuff, which will always happen when a company expands, not actual game makers.

Stop. Telling. This. Lie.

I dont know why it makes you feel better to think its was only administrative positions.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I said years ago I invested in MS for everything outside of XBox.

That still stands. :unimpressed:

And yall still making excuses for Phil and his lies I see. Beyond pathetic.
Don’t matter why you invested.

If you really cared about what the “suits” are doing to those poor jobs, you wouldn’t be profiting of their decisions :stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop. Telling. This. Lie.

I dont know why it makes you feel better to think its was only administrative positions.

I didn’t say “only” and i didn’t say anything about feeling better.

I said redundant administrative stuff is always a part of any merger and the first thing to go.

It matters because people are saying 2000 “devs” lost their jobs and that’s far from the truth.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t say “only” and i didn’t say anything about feeling better.

I said redundant administrative stuff is always a part of any merger and the first thing to go.

It matters because people are saying 2000 “devs” lost their jobs and that’s far from the truth.

Total Xbox layoffs:
2022 : 500
2023: ~300+
2024: 1900

Total so far: 2700

This is about 60 percent of SIE’s total work force

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People who say the layoffs are purely due to the economy right now are being dense.

When companies are acquired, even during a great economy, you can expect lay-offs 9/10.

Now think about an acquisition during a bad economy for a company who hasn't been producing much.

There are going to be massive layoffs and morale drain.

Especially when you know a company will let you go without really caring because they've fired/laid people off in the past like it's nothing.

Last edited: