Microsoft is laying off 1900 people across its Xbox, Activision and Zenimax teams

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People who say the layoffs are purely due to the economy right now though are being dense.

When companies are acquired, even during a great economy, you can expect lay-offs 9/10.

Now think about an acquisition during a bad economy for a company who hasn't been producing much.

There are going to be massive layoffs and morale drain. Especially when you know a company will cut you without really caring.

Especially when that company just spent 10 billion dollars on AI to literally replace workers

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A-pot-calling-the-kettle-black-n.png
I never pretended to clutch my pearls about Sony doing capitalism.

What i said in those threads is the same as here.

shyts expected, costs are to high, things are too risky. Big changes coming to the indistry.

When i said that then, you all claimed i was wrong. Now we are watching it play out and instead of talking about how this is a problem for the industry as a whole yall wanna run in and pretend this is a microsoft unique thing going on.

nikkas been running around for weeks literally begging for xbox to die, but now yall care about peoples jobs again. FOH :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Total Xbox layoffs:
2022 : 500
2023: ~300+
2024: 1900

Total so far: 2700

This is about 60 percent of SIE’s total work force
What are you even comparing, since we comparing silly stuff

As of March 31, 2023, Sony Group employs around 113,000 people worldwide. This is a decrease from around 180,000 employees in 2008, when the company reported its highest number of employees. In 2022, Sony employed 108,900 people, which was the lowest number of employees in recent history

• Microsoft total number of employees in 2023 was 221,000, a 0% decline from 2022.
  • Microsoft total number of employees in 2022 was 221,000, a 22.1% increase from 2021.
  • Microsoft total number of employees in 2021 was 181,000, a 11.04% increase from 2020.
  • Microsoft total number of employees in 2020 was 163,000, a 13.19% increase from 2019.

But let gamers and journalist tell it, you think MS is replacing employees with AI and minimizing.

Sony Stan's :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What are you even comparing, since we comparing silly stuff

But let gamers and journalist tell it, you think MS is replacing employees with AI and minimizing.

Sony Stan's :mjlol:
Dudes are delusional

Sony big into A.I. too been investing for years, as any tech company should.

But as always it’s just big bad microsoft until sony follows in their footsteps then it don’t matter anymore :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I knew this was going to happen and it still sucks.

see that's the thing. There are many who thought this wouldn't happen. At least to this extent.

But Phil Of shyt said it would be gucci with the acquisition.

Also, from Bloomberg-

This guy just straight up went to activision blizzard studios and lied to their faces. :francis:

In hindsight this photo shows how much of a snake he is. He went to their office and said what you posted above. This is pretty much him visiting 2000 employees to fire them while he collects his bonuses and is unaffected

e77a4c45b32fc20cc86c355253e6d02b.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
see that's the thing. There are many who thought this wouldn't happen. At least to this extent.

But Phil Of shyt said it would be gucci with the acquisition.
Now post the quote with anyone promising all jobs would be safe??

You know who did promise jobs would be safe after a merger

Then all those people lost their jobs and it was crickets from you goofies.

You personally even argued in favor of sonys decision NOT to pay severance.

Crazy how your reactions differ in here :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Now post the quote with anyone promising all jobs would be safe??

You know who did promise jobs would be safe after a merger

Then all those people lost their jobs and it was crickets from you goofies.

You personally even argued in favor of sonys decision NOT to pay severance.

Crazy how your reactions differ in here :wow:

the "oh they did it too" deflection :snooze:

was there a thread on that article? It was already exposed that once again, higher level Bungie Execs were being greedy and cats did not defend this.

and you neglected where I clearly stated "at least to this extent".

Bottom line is yall trying to defend and deflect STILL.

and it's literally only you and WOAT.

sad. :scust:

you have literally NEVER openly or heavily criticized anything XBox related on here even when caught dead to rights. Pure insanity.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
When an 8% reduction in devs equate to 3rd of SIE then yeah…

If you don’t see the correlation between the gargantuan size of microsoft and how even little cuts like these end up with far more damaging job losses then I really don’t know what else to say to you.

You and meach are talking about “well 6000 people were laid off this year and no one cared” while failing to acknowledge a 3rd of those layoffs were just from microsoft.
So you’re saying these jobs are assured if that merger doesn’t happen and both Activision Blizzard and Microsoft don’t lay anybody off?

Or are you saying an 8% reduction at a company is acceptable as long as that company isn’t the scale of Microsoft. I look at both as egregious.