“Microsoft is gonna ruin the games industry……

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Those numbers aren’t really apples to apples as that’s the year of a new console launch for playstation, so obviously their operating income would be lower.

In general and over time Playstation makes more profit.
Breh, Playstation has never made more profit than Nintendo.

Go back to 2018, 2019 it doesn't matter.

Revenue? Yes.

But profit? Never.

Nintendo has sold 270 million units of software across like 6 titles this generation, at full price.
And that's just the top sellers, not counting all their notable sellers.
And the cost to develop them is tiny compared to what Sony pays.

Sells 4x but costs 1/4 to develop means way more money in their pocket.

Sony has yet to top Nintendo's Wii/DS era profits, and Switch era has already outdone that.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Revenue? Yes.

But profit? Never.

Nintendo has sold 270 million units of software across like 6 titles this generation, at full price.

Sony has yet to top Nintendo's Wii/DS era profits, and Switch era has already outdone that.

Nintendo is about to open its own THEME PARK off of the GBA/Wii/DS era money. They damn near as profitable as Disney itself.

All Sony has left are Euro and American gamers that are still graphics whores and dependent on a handful of AA/AAA titles selling millions just to stay afloat. They even abandoned Japan, and now just a more efficient American company with American franchises.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nintendo is about to open its own THEME PARK off of the GBA/Wii/DS era money. They damn near as profitable as Disney itself.

All Sony has left are Euro and American gamers that are still graphics whores and dependent on a handful of AA/AAA titles selling millions just to stay afloat. They even abandoned Japan, and now just a more efficient American company with American franchises.
Do you dudes just get off on making up lies like this? Or is it that you think we're all too stupid to see through this bullshyt? :mjlol:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Do you dudes just get off on making up lies like this? Or is it that you think we're all too stupid to see through this bullshyt? :mjlol:

Look at the charts in Japan. Until last month, a Sony Console taken a backseat to Nintendo since December 2004 when the DS came out. :ld:

When the next Gen Switch comes out, its gonna be Nintendo dominance all over again.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Revenue? Yes.

But profit? Never.

This isn’t necessarily true. It’s hard to get exact data but through most years it seems Sony is making more profit.

sonynintendooi.jpg

Also, these comparisons are kinda unfair because ALL of nintendos business is included. Movies, TV, Amusemnt parks, mobil, etc. Whereas all of that stuff is not included even the stuff that comes directly from their games side of things like the TLOU2 tv show wouldn’t be included in sonys numbers.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Look at the charts in Japan. Until last month, a Sony Console taken a backseat to Nintendo since December 2004 when the DS came out. :ld:

When the next Gen Switch comes out, its gonna be Nintendo dominance all over again.
Japan isn't what it once was, so I don't know why you keep crowing on about it. You no longer need to be #1 in Japan to be successful, nor do you need that position to get support from their largest developers. You used "stay afloat" to imply that they're just barely making it, when that's not anywhere close to true, while backing it up with your subjective takes on games you haven't played.

When the next Gen Switch comes out, it will likely be a success, because it will represent their "handheld" again and that's where they were always successful. If they released a console separately, it would flop just like the WiiU did. However, that success won't impede the success of the PS5 or anything else.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Japan isn't what it once was, so I don't know why you keep crowing on about it. You no longer need to be #1 in Japan to be successful, nor do you need that position to get support from their largest developers. You used "stay afloat" to imply that they're just barely making it, when that's not anywhere close to true, while backing it up with your subjective takes on games you haven't played.

When the next Gen Switch comes out, it will likely be a success, because it will represent their "handheld" again and that's where they were always successful. If they released a console separately, it would flop just like the WiiU did. However, that success won't impede the success of the PS5 or anything else.

Handhelds and portable electronics are the future. Why else does everyone have a laptop and stopped using desktop computers outside of work?

Switch games, I was able to play and beat outside of home because I don't need to be hooked onto a TV just to play it. Its a hassle to rush home from work/school just to play a traditional console nowadays because I'm so busy. The Next Gen Switch will close the visual gap as well as being able to play it anywhere.

And it was M$ that made the first successful console without Japan's help. Sony just followed suit when the PS3 came out for $600 in 2006 and stayed in that graphics whore paradigm ever since.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Handhelds and portable electronics are the future. Why else does everyone have a laptop and stopped using desktop computers outside of work?

Switch games, I was able to play and beat outside of home because I don't need to be hooked onto a TV just to play it. Its a hassle to rush home from work/school just to play a traditional console nowadays because I'm so busy. The Next Gen Switch will close the visual gap as well as being able to play it anywhere.

And it was M$ that made the first successful console without Japan's help. Sony just followed suit when the PS3 came out for $600 in 2006 and stayed in that graphics whore paradigm ever since.
Are you ever going to address what I'm actually saying?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You guys post this stuff but don’t even understand what you are posting.

Just repeating stuff from Resetera.

Sony stans :mjlol:

You just created a whole thread and studied a video on the ramblings of Michael Pachter, you are truly truly straddling the line of a real maga

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You just created a whole thread and studied a video on the ramblings of Michael Pachter, you are truly truly straddling the line of a real maga
Yes a lawyer and award wining successful industry analyst over the last 25 years should have his opinion talked about on the matter. His opinion isn’t even that unique or controversial compared to other analysts. Everybody sees mobile, streaming, cloud, subscriptions/ etc is the way things are going. Even sony which is why they are making their great push in that direction.

Even if you don’t agree with his conclusion. He talks about the process and how things work/will play out going forward. Something twitter fingers/reset era posters do not have a grasp on.

But naw let’s just keep talking about the ramblings of sony stan’s on Resetera cause it makes you feel better.

:camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yes a lawyer and award wining successful industry analyst over the last 25 years should have his opinion talked about on the matter. His opinion isn’t even that unique or controversial compared to other analysts. Everybody sees mobile, streaming, cloud, subscriptions/ etc is the way things are going. Even sony which is why they are making their great push in that direction.

Even if you don’t agree with his conclusion. He talks about the process and how things work/will play out going forward. Something twitter fingers/reset era posters do not have a grasp on.

But naw let’s just keep talking about the ramblings of sony stan’s on Resetera cause it makes you feel better.

:camby:

You’ll believe anything someone says as long as its the answer you want to hear

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You’ll believe anything someone says as long as its the answer you want to hear
No. That’s you.

Will post a random twitter cacs opinion in a heartbeat,

But a guy people pay literally millions of dollars for his opinion. A guy with access to data none of has access to. A guy who has sat in courtrooms through these types of proceedings before is the non-credible one.

This is the guy that gets attacked with heavy (misguided) scrutiny.

Like i said his opinion ain’t even new or unique. You just wanted to attack him cause he ain’t say what you wanted to hear about the merger.