“Microsoft is gonna ruin the games industry……

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony themselves said without COD their business will die.

They are very reliant on a few top titles.

:mjlol:

the same Sony that threw out conspiracy theories that MS will be launching buggy ports of said franchise on their platforms if the acquisition goes ahead. It's clear they're trying everything for it not to go through because it will hurt their pockets. COD is a monster. That doesn't mean they're very reliant on a few top titles to "stay afloat"

they've just recorded record breaking earnings:

Sony is undeniably the market leader among the Big Three and just reported the best-ever PlayStation earnings of all time, shattering previous records.

PlayStation delivered record-breaking results in Holiday 2022. During the Q3 FY22 period, Sony made nearly $8.8 billion from its PlayStation gaming ecosystem. These stellar results show the entire PlayStation platform firing on all cylinders and include full game sales, subscriptions/services, and hardware, which make a significant portion of quarterly earnings.

X3h2vCL.png

PSN number of subscribers was down 3% YoY but they've recorded record sales = people spending more in their ecosystem

I don't care about the weirdo groupie/cheerleader routines yall be doing on here, but trying to act like Sony/PlayStation is a struggling brand struggling to "stay afloat" is :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol:

the same Sony that threw out conspiracy theories that MS will be launching buggy ports of said franchise on their platforms if the acquisition goes ahead. It's clear they're trying everything for it not to go through because it will hurt their pockets. COD is a monster. That doesn't mean they're very reliant on a few top titles to "stay afloat"

they've just recorded record breaking earnings:

X3h2vCL.png

PSN number of subscribers was down 3% YoY but they've recorded record sales = people spending more in their ecosystem

I don't care about the weirdo groupie/cheerleader routines yall be doing on here, but trying to act like Sony/PlayStation is a struggling brand struggling to "stay afloat" is :mjlol:
No one said they were struggling to stay a float.

But it is a fact that playstation is very reliant on a top few titles for the majority of their revenue.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
WHICH MEANS WHAT?! :russ:
Absolutely fukkin nothing.

That’s what i’m trying to tell y’all. They can boast publicly about their “record numbers” but the industry itself can still be in decline.

It’s called consolidation. the thing you guys supposedly hate has been happening for decades.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What do you think this chart is proving?
It's proving your blatant lie wrong about add-on content from a few titles being the majority revenue generator. You know that too, which is why you replied with that question. And you're going to double down with another dishonest post when you reply to this one. Why is it so hard for you to be honest?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's proving your blatant lie wrong about add-on content from a few titles being the majority revenue generator. You know that too, which is why you replied with that question. And you're going to double down with another dishonest post when you reply to this one. Why is it so hard for you to be honest?
Your chart says ad on content is their biggest money maker.

What the hell are you looking at :dahell: