“Microsoft is gonna ruin the games industry……

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're lying. Why would they say something that goes against actual reported revenue breakdowns that's posted on their own site? Good grief. :mjlol:
I don’t even understand what the hell you are arguing here today.

It’s the same few top selling games every month. GTA still topping the damn charts.

Where do you think they are making most of their money :dahell:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
says nothing about a “struggle”

If they didn’t have the CODs, Fortinghts, Apex, etc their business plan would not work. That’s facts, straight from the horses mouth.

I know you one of these sassy brehs that loves to maneuver through incessant back and forths without actually saying anything, but language is contextual, surely between the low effort retorts and neck pops, even you know this. The sentence is preceded by the use of "All Sony has left" and followed by the use of "to stay afloat" - the implication of a struggle is a clear for any person with a non-remedial level of reading comprehension.

Moreover, I've just presented you with evidence that Sony is firing on all cylinders even outside of software sales (software sales, which are thriving and encompass far more than the select titles you've just highlighted). All easily verifiable. Therefore, my assertion that you guys just get on here and write anything is correct.

Microsoft have said Sony are market leaders and make better games. That too is from the horse's mouth. There's nuance to statements. If the market leader is reliant on a handful of games "to stay afloat" what does that say about the industry?

"if they didn't have XYZ their business plan wouldn't work" is applicable to all platform holders. in different areas and to different degrees perhaps - but it's not something I care to discuss nor what I was contesting.

Fix up breh

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don’t even understand what the hell you are arguing here today.

It’s the same few top selling games every month. GTA still topping the damn charts.

Where do you think they are making most of their money :dahell:
You're a weasel, dude. I'm done engaging with you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know you one of these sassy brehs that loves to maneuver through incessant back and forths without actually saying anything, but language is contextual, surely between the low effort retorts and neck pops, even you know this. The sentence is preceded by the use of "All Sony has left" and followed by the use of "to stay afloat" - the implication of a struggle is a clear for any person with a non-remedial level of reading comprehension.

Moreover, I've just presented you with evidence that Sony is firing on all cylinders even outside of software sales (software sales, which are thriving and encompass far more than the select titles you've just highlighted). All easily verifiable. Therefore, my assertion that you guys just get on here and write anything is correct.

Microsoft have said Sony are market leaders and make better games. That too is from the horse's mouth. There's nuance to statements. If the market leader is reliant on a handful of games "to stay afloat" what does that say about the industry?

"if they didn't have XYZ their business plan wouldn't work" is applicable to all platform holders. in different areas and to different degrees perhaps - but it's not something I care to discuss nor what I was contesting.

Fix up breh
Like none of this has anything to do with what i said.

Just a list of stan talking points. Seems you saw what you felt was a slight at sony and jumped in action to defend sony’s honor.

It’s not an attack on sony to say their business is reliant on a top few big titles. They said so themselves.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If the market leader is reliant on a handful of games "to stay afloat" what does that say about the industry?
Ding Ding Ding. That’s it. That’s the whole point. The industry is teetering on a possible bubble popping.

And it’s not even a controversial thing to say.

Lots of people have been talking about how the current model of console gaming is becoming unsustainable as development costs increase and fewer and fewer games are able to justify those costs.

Sony can be doing very well in a declining, troubled market.

I’ll post the chart again.

Screen_20Shot_202019-01-30_20at_203_43_45_20PM.png

Now you tell me how great console gaming is doing relative to the rest of the gaming industry?

Last edited:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ding Ding Ding. That’s it. That’s the whole point. The industry is teetering on a possible bubble popping.

And it’s not even a controversial thing to say.

Lots of people have been talking about how the current model of console gaming is becoming unsustainable as development costs increase and fewer and fewer games are able to justify those costs.

Sony can be doing very well in a declining, troubled market.

I’ll post the chart again.

Screen_20Shot_202019-01-30_20at_203_43_45_20PM.png

Now you tell me how great console gaming is doing relative to the rest of the gaming industry?

Do you have CTE or some form of autism? I'm not being hostile, I'm sympathetic in fact, just legitimately trying to ascertain what I'm dealing with here. As it could explain a lot - including the seemingly hard time you have with context clues.

I also see you keep going back to your posts for more maneuvering and amendments - then double backing to quoting posts to use as segue to reframe and reposition points. Breh, I've already told you what I contested in this thread. I laughed at the comical assertion that "all sony have left are a handful of games to stay afloat" and the underlying implications of said statement. I then presented evidence that corroborated why it's a comical assertion.

I do not care for any points you're attempting to make - my initial reply in this thread wasn't engaging with you or your opening post - the onus isn't on me to tell you anything, particularly when it's not the specific matter i addressed and laughed at

Again, fix up

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do you have CTE or some form of autism? I'm not being hostile, I'm sympathetic in fact, just legitimately trying to ascertain what I'm dealing with here. As it could explain a lot - including the seemingly hard time you have with context clues.

I also see you keep going back to your posts for more maneuvering and amendments - then double backing to quoting posts to use as segue to reframe and reposition points. Breh, I've already told you what I contested in this thread. I laughed at the comical assertion that "all sony have left are a handful of games to stay afloat" and the underlying implications of said statement. I then presented evidence that corroborated why it's a comical assertion.

I do not care for any points you're attempting to make - my initial reply in this thread wasn't engaging with you or your opening post - the onus isn't on me to tell you anything, particularly when it's not the specific matter i addressed and laughed at

Again, fix up
And all the facts lead to that statement being true.

All sony have left are a handful of games to stay afloat.

It also extends to the entire industry. As the industry leader sony can still be doing well and that statement be true.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about arguing in bad faith is that faith has to exist in the first place. When the opposing party knows you've got questionable reading comprehension, you become nothing more than a source of short-lived amusement - which has now expired

PlayStation has just recorded record breaking earnings and growth on all sectors. Reconciling that with the implications in the statement I contested is your damage not mine.

Yall just get on here and write anything:pachaha:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The thing about arguing in bad faith is that faith has to exist in the first place. When the opposing party knows you've got questionable reading comprehension, you become nothing more than a source of short-lived amusement - which has now expired

PlayStation has just recorded record breaking earnings and growth on all sectors. Reconciling that with the implications in the statement I contested is your damage not mine.

Yall just get on here and write anything:pachaha:
I’m not the one arguing in bad faith. It’s you with your need to defend sony. You can’t even begin to understand what people are saying.

Sony can break records and still be in a declining/troubled market.

Sony can break records, and still be reliant on a few titles to do so.

Both things can be true. Both things ARE true.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve not defended Sony. I laughed at a comical assertion. This is the same thread in which I referred to Sony as conspiracy theorists trying their hardest to hold on to COD, by the way. :skip:

Again, your poor reading comprehension skills is the only reason we are here, and why you’ve tried segues and keep trying to reframe what I argued “b-b-but these statements aren’t mutually exclusive!!!” despite the fact I have spelled it out to you multiple times :beli:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’ve not defended Sony. I laughed at a comical assertion. This is the same thread in which I referred to Sony as conspiracy theorists trying their hardest to hold on to COD, by the way. :skip:

Again, your poor reading comprehension skills is the only reason we are here, and why you’ve tried segues and keep trying to reframe what I argued “b-b-but these statements aren’t mutually exclusive!!!” despite the fact I have spelled it out to you multiple times :beli:
You in here arguing semantics and feelings.

You don’t like that the phrase

“all sony have left are a handful of games to stay afloat”

Sounds overtly negative about Sonys position or health in the market,

I don’t care about how you feel about the phrase.

I’m here saying the phrase is factually true, and if you feel that it’s negative, that should give you an idea of the health of the market overall.

The phrase could have just been.

“All the console market has left are a handful of big games to stay afloat”

It’s not even specifically about Sony. But as you pointed out they are the market leader so where the market goes they go too.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Breh, Playstation has never made more profit than Nintendo.

Go back to 2018, 2019 it doesn't matter.

Revenue? Yes.

But profit? Never.

Nintendo has sold 270 million units of software across like 6 titles this generation, at full price.
And that's just the top sellers, not counting all their notable sellers.
And the cost to develop them is tiny compared to what Sony pays.

Sells 4x but costs 1/4 to develop means way more money in their pocket.

Sony has yet to top Nintendo's Wii/DS era profits, and Switch era has already outdone that.

So in the years of Gamecube and WiiU, where Playstation as a whole outsold those respective consoles 2-4xs over, whilst Nintendo had bare minimum 3rd party support during those eras as well, you're stating that Playstation never earned more profit than Nintendo not even one those years?:childplease: That don't add up, chief. You got something to support that?