Microsoft Internal Roadmap Points to Breakout Year for 1st Party and Game Pass

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My phone, which proves nothing. That's how I interact with The Coli. Everything else I'm doing from a windows machine.

Everything else, like what?

For what it's worth, a LOT of people are on this wave. Phone for more casual stuff like social media, TV for larger screen experiences, laptop for most everything else between.

I do it that way, and I'm 36. My little brother is a couple months away from 25, and that's how he rolls. Nearly everyone I know in real life (mix of people younger then me, my age, and older) do the same thing.

While we've moved away from a life where a PC is your ONLY window to the internet, ira not because people don't want to use them. It's more because the amount of connected screens available to the average person allows them to have more specific use cases for their devices.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
For what it's worth, a LOT of people are on this wave. Phone for more casual stuff like social media, TV for larger screen experiences, laptop for most everything else between.

I do it that way, and I'm 36. My little brother is a couple months away from 25, and that's how he rolls. Nearly everyone I know in real life (mix of people younger then me, my age, and older) do the same thing.

While we've moved away from a life where a PC is your ONLY window to the internet, ira not because people don't want to use them. It's more because the amount of connected screens available to the average person allows them to have more specific use cases for their devices.
Well that’s all @The Mad Titan amd I have been saying.

Unless you have an actual reason that you NEED a pc, like work or gaming, people don’t use PCs that often and windows is way less ubiquitous as it has ever been.

Even for PC stuff there’s a lot more competition today. My kids school system wants them to use a chrome book to integrate with all their systems.

They are gonna grow into adults having NEVER touched a windows PC.

That’s actually kinda fukked up now that i think about it :huhldup:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Smh, of course the reason xbox got attention initially is because it was a MS product. :comeon:
Bill gates only even signed off on xbox because of sony moving into the home space heavily, and xbox was their answer to that.
Yall really read what yall want, act like we would be in here even debating MS or sony if not for the xbox and playstation.
Notice how "console wars" are a very different thing for "Tech wars" in generally.
How many Iphone vs android or Windows vs MAC forums and threads do you frequent?

edit:

Why are you moving goal posts. We all know why they got into it. Now you want to bring it to why are we arguing about us all here debating about MS or Sony. When that "our" discussion. The discussion between us is you saying that no one would really know about Microsoft like that if it wasn't for the Xbox, and I'm saying that you are taking your stanning too far. Right now we on team Microsoft so stay on topic. In what world would Microsoft be obscure and barely recognized if not for Xbox?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well that’s all @The Mad Titan amd I have been saying.

Unless you have an actual reason that you NEED a pc, like work or gaming, people don’t use PCs that often and windows is way less ubiquitous as it has ever been.

Even for PC stuff there’s a lot more competition today. My kids school system wants them to use a chrome book to integrate with all their systems.

They are gonna grow into adults having NEVER touched a windows PC.

That’s actually kinda fukked up now that i think about it :huhldup:

I get that, I'm saying that you're underestimating how many people are still finding uses for PCs.

shyt, there are people who don't own TVs, and use their PC as their entire entertainment setup. I have no clue how people can stomach that, but it's still a thing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I get that, I'm saying that you're underestimating how many people are still finding uses for PCs.

shyt, there are people who don't own TVs, and use their PC as their entire entertainment setup. I have no clue how people can stomach that, but it's still a thing.
sure it’s a “thing”

But speaking in generalities Xbox is microsoft’s mainstream product right now.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Big money Microsoft is playing the long game with the SaaS and GaaS model. Azure gonna keep printing money, Office is gonna keep printing money.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Office is not windows.

It’s clear y’all have no idea about the tech market.

People are not using PCs period for everyday consumer stuff.

You posting from a PC right now??

When I first replied to you I was on my work PC. Now I'm replying on my iPhone because I'm at the dentist. Which I'm also getting in some work done on it because we use SharePoint for everything. Which I'm using Edge to access.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are you moving goal posts. We all know why they got into it. Now you want to bring it to why are we arguing about us all here debating about MS or Sony. When that "our" discussion. The discussion between us is you saying that no one would really know about Microsoft like that if it wasn't for the Xbox, and I'm saying that you are taking your stanning too far. Right now we on team Microsoft so stay on topic. In what world would Microsoft be obscure and barely recognized if not for Xbox?
Maybe that's your discussion, I never said that. You coming with all the extra, "back in the day, the only reason people know about this and that"

I said MS is a household name because of Xbox.

Of course everyone knew Microsoft back in the day before Xbox and everyone knows them now.

But the reason Microsoft has more of a face and "personality" to them now more so than ever before is because of Xbox aka their gaming system.

They are a household name now, where is before it was just them being associated with business.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
All shyt most people don’t even fukkin do.

You are a PC gamer and You use your PC for work.

Most people are not like you.
I'm overwhelming an Xbox gamer and I do not use my PC for work :skip: . You want to tell me something else about my life that's patently false?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm overwhelming an Xbox gamer and I do not use my PC for work :skip: . You want to tell me something else about my life that's patently false?
I’m going by what you said in your prior post.

You said “PC gaming of course” like it was a big thing with you.

You programming, image editing and taking Zoom calls for fun?? :dahell:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I’m going by what you said in your prior post.

You said “PC gaming of course” like it was a big thing with you.

You programming, image editing and taking Zoom calls for fun?? :dahell:
I said "PC gaming of course" as a given that's what it would be used for in addition to everything else :dahell: . Yes I do that stuff in my personal life completely separate from work. You're acting as if a computer is ONLY a device for work functions.